1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What did you buy that you don't "need"?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ROXRAN, Mar 2, 2013.

1. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Almost everything I own. The only things I really need are some toiletries and clothes, a smartphone, a laptop and an iPad.

2. redwhiteone

redwhiteone Member

Other than food, clothing and books, I don't "need" everything else.

3. VanityHalfBlack

4. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Bought a Blackberry in February 2012 because the HTC Snap wasn't notifying me of calls or messages and I missed a couple of resume callbacks. In December, the Blackberry stopped taking a charge, so I first went to Radio Shack and bought a new charger, and it still wasn't re-charging. So on my day off, I went to a Sprint Store to get a replacement battery; they said I needed to go to a service store, but before I left they put my phone in their charger and confirmed that it wasn't taking a charge.

I went to the nearest Sprint service center and took my number. The manager came out after an hour or so, called me over and asked what my problem was. I told him that my phone wasn't taking a charge and that I wanted a new battery to be on the safe side. He took the phone and put it in some special company charger, than he said the battery was fine and that it was a "problem with the cord," and that even though I still had my place in line, he wouldn't give me a new battery. I told him I had tried my old charger, bought a new one and tried that, and that the people at the Sprint store tried charging it on theirs and it wouldn't take the charge. He asked me where I got the new charger and I told him Radio Shack, and he said "oh, okay," then just told me again that I still had my place in line. I waited for another 30 minutes or so and saw my name go to first on the queue, so a service rep came out of a door and called my name; but right then some older, caucasian lady held up her hand and called him over, and he started helping her. After a couple minutes I walked over, and asked him "did you call for ******?" He said yes, and I said "well, I'm him." Then he asked me what my problem was, I explained it to him and he told me to wait for someone else while he kept helping the other lady who had skipped ahead in line, assuming she'd even signed in. By that time I just wanted to take care of it, so at that point I just started looking at new phones.

When the next rep came over I re-explained my problem, and he asked where I got my second charger; just as the manager and the ******* rep who skipped me in line had, so at that point I just asked to buy a new phone. Well, I paid full price for a Galaxy and another $200 to get out of my existing service plan. I kept mentioning throughout the entire setup process that the manager should have been able to give me a charger, and that this was ultimately not what I wanted, but he didn't really try to address the issue in any way. At the end he told me about the customer service survey, and I explained to him that they were probably going to get all 1's for not giving me what I wanted. Then he tried to tell me that the survey was just about his performance and not the store's.

5. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

6. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

I spent Friday and Saturday calling my landlords asking them if they received my rent check from my bank's bill pay (sent on 2/22); had to go to a branch and get a cashier's check on Saturday to pay for water and trash service because the complex's online system won't let you pay less than the full balance due, and they still hadn't recorded my rent payment. I printed out the rent-check bill pay confirmation from my bank's website, and took it to the office and showed them while I gave them the cashier's check for the water and trash. Then I got a call this morning asking if I "planned on paying rent this month."

Whatever stress you're feeling now is worth having a set housing payment for the next thirty years.

7. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

I buy almost nothing that I don't need. Everything I own has a practical use, and I use it. I have a few things here and there, mostly gifts, that are just decorative. Those things are usually in the closet.

8. gnozahs

gnozahs Member

Shoes when my old pairs are still in great condition and a 60" Smart tv when the old tv still works good.

9. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not a big shopper and don't spend much on myself but I did buy a universal remote that I really didn't need...although the other remote was kind of acting funny, so maybe i did need it eventually. It's a lower end logitech (650) universal remote but it's good bang for the buck.

10. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

My third Bentley...it just sits in the garage.;)

11. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Weekend getaway with the wife - and all the expensive dinners and drinks (not necessarily in that order..) that went along with it.

12. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

A pair of headphones that I could have done without. And I don't like them now that I have them. When I got them home, the package was previously opened and repackaged, and all i could think was .... smh these are OPH. Cheap, but OPH none the less. I'm not down with OPH. Yeah, you know me.

I hate shopping almost as much as returning things. I'll use them but I'm not happy about it.

13. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

I just bought a PS Vita off of Cowboom literally 5 minutes ago. I wanted to make a new shame thread, but then I remembered this thread existed.

14. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

I really didn't need that African ivory tipped tribal sword. But it looked so cool at the time.

15. da_juice

da_juice Member

Food, I guess. Everything I own either has a practical purpose or was a gift. The bulk of my income either goes to savings, gas, or food. I'll buy ice cream or something once or twice a week, maybe buy lunch once in awhile.

That, and occasionally I'll take the train into Manhattan or Brooklyn and spend the day there. That altogether is like $50, but I go infrequently, and I enjoy it.

16. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

lol i saw that on SD. so tempting.

17. XxShadyPinkxX

XxShadyPinkxX Contributing Member

[​IMG]

=( I feel like a terrible person, but I can't resist beautifully crafted leather.

18. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Completely useless. It's like the 6'9 tweener of electronic gadgets.

19. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Well weLL, look what we have here.

20. Vigorous

Vigorous Contributing Member

Inada Sogno Dreamwave massage chair:

[​IMG]