1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Magic 3/1/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 28, 2013.

1. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

Hope you are right. We'll see.

2. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

we were getting raped pretty hard without harden for most of the game. We managed to bridge the gap but for most of the game it was a 20+ point defecit. Did you not see the half time score? It was abysmal.

3. pnr

pnr Member

We were also getting beat by 20 plus points at home too. We ended up bridging the gap there too. Not saying it means much but when people keep harping on it, facts must be presented.

4. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Let us know when you've figured out what you actually believe.

1 person likes this.
  5. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

Yeah, we were down 18 points by the end of the first quarter. Aren't you happy that we didn't give up and were able to close to gap to 10 points at the end of the game, even without Harden?

6. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

Still in the process. I want to give McHale the benefit of the doubt, but oftentimes something he did or said would turn me the other way.

Do you already have a conclusion?

7. Steal&Deal

Steal&Deal Member

yours?

8. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

This makes less sense that Lin's high arching jump shot.

9. gorockets2009

gorockets2009 Rookie

LOL, :grin:

10. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

:rolleyes:

11. rubbertoe

rubbertoe Member

Excellent post Clutch..Totally agree..

Its like watching the Republicans and Democrats bickering in here.. Too many extremists up in here

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

Another thing for fans to ***** about! :p

[​IMG]

13. lola eskuala

lola eskuala Member

well said..ad infinitum..

there that should do it..;):grin:

14. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

You know, if someone didn't know the score and came here to check, they would have thought we lost this game.

15. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

i am not sure whether you checked all my posts or not. i tell you i won't be idiot of this kind. for example, i kept saying harden should take over games when games on the line no matter what. he is the our best player. he may have a cold night in first 3 qts but you have to trust him to win games for us. did he win all those games? no. did i said anything against the decision? no. why? coz i trust and believe him. i know the chance of winning is better when the ball is in his hand. there is no equal sign btw a good decision and a win but a good decision means a better chance to win.

let's get back what you mentioned regarding lin's performance in 3rd qt. it was bad. no doubt. however, you forgot one thing that lin had very good 1st qt and some of 2nd qt. what you tried to explain is really against statistics. it is sciences. it is used by alot ppl on all areas for some reasons. coz a bad 3 qt, you assume lin would be bad for rest of the game. if our coach based on a single bad qt or two to make decision, i am not sure he is a coach morey wants. i am not sure he would trust anyone. alot good players may have a bad qt or two then come back with big #s. why? the history and statistics tell us.

frankly speaking, this is lin. if we had someone else, we might look for a chaos.

1 person likes this.
  16. kastuul

kastuul Member

GSW lost !!!
    We have 3 games behind the 6th seed.

17. instar

instar Member

I was gonna say exact samething lol.
    GS is falling, still they have so many home games left I don't see us catching them.

18. Dementium

Dementium Member

I thought it was 1 game. And 0.5 behind Utah:)

19. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

It is one game

20. Karolik

Karolik Member

It not just one bad quarter, Lin has consistently disappeared for quarters, halves at a time the last few games. He hasn't been getting it done and its frustrating to watch. I had high hopes after the OKC game and he's been dashing it to pieces. :(