1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Magic 3/1/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 28, 2013.

1. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

With more and more evidences, such as McHale's facial expressions or body language in every game and his speech to media, I am moving away from believing that it has been just a confidence issue with Lin.

If McHale really only has little confidence in Lin and no other thoughts, then his face would have lightened up when he saw Lin performing better than he thought, just like any normal human beings would, but most of the time the opposite was true.

Or he would have said something nice about Lin post game. But he not only didn't even mention Lin after the Thunder game, on the contrary he chose to slash him by saying craps like 29 points, 9 turnovers and wanted to win a game.

The Rockets have played 60 games now. How many times have we heard McHale praise Lin when he had a good game, as a contrast to other players on the team?

McHale is a grown up and a Hall of Fame player, we don't need to defend him by saying that he didn't not mean what he said. If he really didn't mean some of the things he's said, he needs to come out to clear them up.

Seeing him consistently subbing Lin when he performed well or reducing his playing time for no good reasons, I can't help feeling that he seems to be pushing some kind of agenda.

Thus I would not disagree with people who said that McHale was setting Lin up for failure, maybe as a protest to Les Alexander who insisted on signing Lin.

2. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Now that's a nail in the coffin.

3. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

Does McHale know how to make Lin play with a chip on his shoulders?

4. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/oxioPnBwT2g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/j2uAXJLxu3M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/vTlKOfJ4MJk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Luz7IBs5FIA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/yIG-n4_I_z0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

Great. Let's keep Harden in for 42 minutes every game. Maybe 48 minutes is even better.

6. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

Yip. I was surprised he got both in.

7. TuanDinhVu

TuanDinhVu Member

I think McHale had the intention of using Jeremy for the whole game, so he tried to pace him by taking him out for awhile with the thought of putting him back in in the fourth quarter. But then Beverly went off offensively and defensively. He had great energy and was having his best game. So, you have to go with the flow and Beverly was in the flow. Beverly was a huge part of why the Rockets won. He came up big in the fourth quarter when the game was on the line.

8. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

He would get passed the ball when he get himself in a good position. He was arm locked with his guy all the time.

9. Thoac

Thoac Member

Just wondering, (by looking back to the game vs Magic), looks obvious to me that T-Tob needs more time to be able to contribute, but that's fine with me, however what I do not understand, why FO (McHale, Morey) do not give any change to Jones?
    Perhaps at this stage to try him would be not so risky as T-Rob.
    Jones is with a team since the draft, practiced together all the way with the team, so give him a chance would be MAYBE more efficient. Not sure, just wondering.

10. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Harden should be the primary ball handler come crunch time. Period.

I'm not going to bother explaining why because it will just fly right over your head.

11. bgrice

bgrice Member

i coulda sworn we lost last night w/ all this complaining. damn i cant wait until lin is gone so he can take the rest of you non rocket fans w/ him

12. muas2010

muas2010 Member

I'll explain...it's not that Harden is better...the only sole reason is he's the $80 million dollar man....that's what he's paid to do whether good or bad. Lose or win the blame should always be on him...NOT LIN...like how Clutchfans tend to do.:grin:

1 person likes this.
  13. AFS

AFS Member

Except he also is the better player?

14. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

We lost by 10 on the road to Clippers without Harden.

We lost by 8 at home with Harden.

15. peter2012

peter2012 Member

Totally agree.

16. peter2012

peter2012 Member

Trade bait.

17. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

Here. Evidence talks.

18. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

So 87% were from bad passes and ball handling turnovers. That says something.

19. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

Right on.

20. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

If Harden's backup plays better than him, then he certainly would do that. Problem is, even when Harden isn't shooting well, he still affects the game positively in other ways, like creating for teammates and rebounding.