1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I Think It's Time to Explore Trade Options for Lin This Summer

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hotballa, Mar 1, 2013.

?

Should the Rox Explore Trade Options for Lin in the Summer if His Minutes Continue to Go Down?

1. Yes

314 vote(s)
    51.6%
  2. No

294 vote(s)
    48.4%
  1. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

What I'm saying is that I don't think lins homerun mentality is going to change and that obbviously is something that will not make him trustworthy in mchales eyes. I'm just arguing that we should cut our losses.

2. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

No. Actually if that super star is a ball handler, while Lin is not shipped out, Les will cry. Les still has to pay him 8 million a year, if he doesn't touch the ball.

After all, you didn't really care about the team, but rather someone's fans:)

1 person likes this.
  3. Raven

Raven Member

Outside shooting
    Defense
    Play making

Which is Lin best at?

4. RocketFever

RocketFever Member

You call 32.6% 3s abysmal, especially after starting slow coming back from injury? He's been slight below average on the season, but has been at least average after the first month when he was coming back from injury, and has been above average the last 2 months.

1 person likes this.
  5. conquistador#11

"There is a reason Morey gave him three years." so the reason he didn't give gogi a player option is because gogi sucks?
    WEAK argument.
    the offense runs nicely when he is at point. shooters can't always make the open looks he gives them. He is not a 3 point shooter, so why turn him into one? that's as crazy as having harden guard durant one on one.

As for the turnovers, 2.9 for 6.2 assists, the assists will increase in due time.

if I was mchale and I went to bat for gogi and upper management, along with the owner, didn't want to bring my player back because of a "player option", I'd be upset. I'm trying to win games..what is a player option worth to me?
    Mchale and the coaching staff are basically step dads:p

6. hikanoo49

hikanoo49 Member

Odd thing is that today Lin actually shot pretty well. 50% fg, 2 for 2 from 3 point range

7. doggoneit

doggoneit Member

I don't get this. Lin is inconsistent in his scoring, that much is true, but when he is not scoring he's doing everything else a TRUE PG is supposed to be doing: distributing the ball, racking up assists, making sure everyone from Harden to scrub touches the ball, and plays one of the best defense at the position.

McHale putting Beverley over Lin because Beverley is more reliable with his scoring/ shooting? So he wants a scoring PG instead of a true PG like Lin? Lin is scoring PG who naturally scores but he's learning to be a true PG and shown/ proven that he can do it with his genuine showings of making sure everybody's involved.

It seems McHale prefers another scorer at PG next to Harden instead of distributor. So he got his wish, enter Beverley and Brooks. Once Lin gets traded, you will see the ball movement without Lin after a couple of weeks will start to deteriorate (just like the Knicks are finding out). The ball starts to stick to the best player (Harden/ Melo), minimal ball movement.

Lin is the reason why bigs like Asik, Smith, PPat before he's traded, Morris, now D-Mo run full court to receive passes. He's the reason why 5 Rocket players can touch the ball on a single possession. His absolute willingness to pass is contagious, this is the guy who scored 38 pts on Spurs and scored 29 pts on OKC but the next night he plays like he doesn't care about what reads in his scoring column. It's not about points, or scoring, it's about being a real PG, being a player that this team needs.

McHale doesn't see this, he only wants scoring PG, he will get his wish and fail.

1 person likes this.
  8. real_egal

It's not that bad of an idea, when that said young and inexperienced PG is the starting PG getting paid for 8 million a year. The irony would be, if the head coach trusted an even younger and even much more inexperienced PG instead.

9. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

In on another McHale hate/McHale doesn't want Lin to succeed thread.

10. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Which PG does McHale trust then?

Because it sure as hell isn't Beverly.

11. hocash

hocash Contributing Member

BTW I would encourage everyone to report Orange's post for his racism. Ridiculous.

12. hotballa

Actually I think he does trust him. Pb doesn't do that running into the crowd thing that lin pulls out every now and then.

13. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

If that's the case, how come Beverly was benched in the last two games and Lin allowed to come back in?

In fact, Beverly was playing extremely well against the Wizards but McHale benched him in favor of Lin despite the fact that Lin was obviously struggling.

14. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

This is basically that "Jeremy Lin is a joke thread" part 2

15. hotballa

Becaus mchales substitution patterns piss me off more than mobleys shot selection? Lol

The wiz game was annoying because it felt forced to put lin back in. I made a thread earlier this season devoted entirely to mchales inability to get a pulse on the game rythm. Like he has no clue when to pull someone and when to keep him in

16. real_egal

Maybe, just maybe, a starter in the book, wouldn't be put on bench in the 4th quarter every single game? Wouldn't that be too obvious?

17. wapz

wapz Member

Agreed. Also the reason why players like jeffries became such a threat during linsanity

18. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Morey is going to trade McFail first before he trades Lin. The reason is because if Morey trades Lin first, he might be out of a job. Imagine Lin getting traded to another team and another episode of Linsanity appears....out the door Morey.

19. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Or maybe, just maybe, McHale doesn't trust rookies?

20. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

Quit lying. 31.8% is his 3pt shooting this season. It is bad.

It is a weak argument, but only because Lin fans don't deserve a good one. They pull stats out of their ass and use obscure numbers to make Lin look more valuable than he is.

You were not part of the tanking crowd. Is this season about developing Lin (tanking) or winning games and making the playoffs? Considering the Rockets have finished 9th three seasons in a row and the west is stacked, don't you think it's fair to bench a turn over prone PG when the Rockets can't afford anymore turnovers?