1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I Think It's Time to Explore Trade Options for Lin This Summer

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hotballa, Mar 1, 2013.

?

Should the Rox Explore Trade Options for Lin in the Summer if His Minutes Continue to Go Down?

1. Yes

314 vote(s)
    51.6%
  2. No

294 vote(s)
    48.4%
  1. meh

meh Contributing Member

The only players McHale trust are Asik, Parsons, Delfino, and Harden. So should everyone else on the team be traded?:confused:

2. platypus

platypus Member

Any one that makes a lin thread after a game should be banned, this **** is getting annoying.

3. RocketFever

RocketFever Member

4. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

a PG is different, the balls pretty much guaranteed to go through him because of his position.

5. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Your entire first post is b****ing about how McHale will never trust Lin so we should trade him.

Are you really going to back pedal this hard?

6. hikanoo49

hikanoo49 Member

I'm all for it if we can get someone like Jordan Hill also. We need a defensive minded PF who can play D, rebound and do the dirty work. Blake and Duhon are deadly wide open 3 pt shooters and will fit nicely.

I haven't heard of anything that helps both teams as much as this trade for a long time. Get er done Morey!!

7. conquistador#11

dragic was and is his guy, nothing we can do about that.

"take that, maury and lex!" Mcsmooth

8. Second_Cousin

Second_Cousin Member

I don't really know why Lin got benched tonight? He's being the good little asian schoolboy who listens to the teacher and is doing everything McHale said to do...

3/6 11 pts 5 assists 2 TO 0 +/-

And yet McHAle is favoring Beverly who jacked up all those shots and scored all those points in the 4thQ. Lin must be like "What in Christ's name is going on?"

9. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

how the hell am I backpedalling? McHale doesnt trust Lin, that is why Lin should be traded, especially since he is the PG. I'm not understanding why you are confused by this. When has my point been any different? :confused:

10. hltiki

hltiki Member

I'm sure they're laughing at your small dick while you overpay them for a handjob you could have gotten for free from a girl who actually wants to give you one =/

11. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

have you seen the knicks? they're falling apart....barely beat the WIzards today. They'll take him back in a heartbeat and JKidd will be retired in a year anyway.

12. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Cosigned. Very well put.

13. PinkTacos

PinkTacos Member

seconded :cool:

14. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

Lin is averaging 3 TOs per game in less than 33 mpg and has yet to cut down. His three point shooting has been abysmal this season. Unless the guy is dishing out 10 assists per game or creating offense by penetrating (without turning it over) then he should be benched when we can't afford a turnover.

Quit overrating Lin. There is a reason Morey gave him three years. He's just not that good.

15. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

So what you are saying is.

McHale doesn't trust a young and inexperienced PG who is in his first season officially as a starter, so we should trade him.

16. Orange

Orange Member

Bro I'm not Asian.

And the reason I go there is because I live with my girlfriend and my friends with benifits are not down or want more from me. Plus timing is an issue too and there open at all time.

17. devin23

devin23 Member

If Mchale loves Dragic so much, Morey should just consider trading Lin for Dragic straight up. Then there will be no excuses for Mchale when Dragic turns out to still play mediocre when paired with Harden.

18. goyao11

goyao11 Member

You don't trade a player because a mediocre coach has issues with him.

With another year or two of experience, Lin can easily be an efficient 18-5-8 pg that knows how to dictate tempo. He already has great vision, size, craftiness, and finishing ability- all we're waiting for now is a consistent jumper, a more polished handle, and more in-game experience without fear of somebody pulling him out half-way through a game because he threw a bad pass or two.

19. hikanoo49

hikanoo49 Member

I agree with you guys in theory but you guys do realize that when Harden played on the Thunder last year and b****ed about his shots despite the team winning a playoff game. Kenderick Perkins had to calm him down.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by HamJam
    Why would you say he would be a distraction? The only person who will be distracted are the fans on the message boards upset about their hero not being named MVP and emperor of the world. Lin himself seems like a class act guy who is a great positive in the locker room and only cares about winning.

The NBA and the Rockets are not some sort of apparatus whose purpose is to make Lin have the best stats he can and look as good as possible. The Rockets are trying to win games, and Lin can help them do that. He is not their best player, and he won't ever have the game plan or rotation revolve around him, but he will contribute often when the coaches think he is one of the best two guards on the roster that they can put on the floor at any given moment -- which will be often I am sure, just not always.
    Cosigned. Very well put.

20. hocash

hocash Contributing Member

Lin has problems bringing the ball up under pressure. I don't think that's a bad strategy for him.
    He should, however, get the ball back to initiate the offense.