1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Magic 3/1/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 28, 2013.

1. rollingrockets

why does McFale keep Lin on the bench so long after he has such a great 1st quarter?? by the time he got back Lin was ice cold. it happens all the time. they dont even let him start the second quarter??

its pretty obvious the coaches are sabotaging him.

2. jsonic6

jsonic6 Contributing Member

Bev did well tonight. Like the previous poster said, Bev is fighting to keep his job. Aaron Brooks is probably going to sign with us once he clears waivers per Woj...

3. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

No one ****ing hates Lin you fools, ROCKET FANS WANT LIN TO DO WELL.

4. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

Yeah, lets sit our star player at the end of a close game so we can play Jeremy Lin.

5. gate470

gate470 Rookie

Good post but people are stupid.

6. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Oh yes and I expected that Lin hater go all out after Beverley's good game.

7. conquistador#11

Did you guys not enjoy it when sammy would save the day when Kenny wasn't right and vice versa? It's not a bad thing. But both the Lof and Loh are really pissing me off lately.

8. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

whats up with the DMO criticisms? it's his SECOND start ever in the NBA. You people think his defense will be 'all-star' caliber from the get go? Give me a break. He scored 17 pts on 7-12 shooting--his offensive game is polished. Defense is the one skill non-defenders CAN LEARN in the NBA. Dude needs to get into game shape and learn the game a bit better--completely understandable seeing that he hasn't played much this season and is a ROOKIE. Re-fuggin-lax people.

:rolleyes::mad::rolleyes::mad::rolleyes::mad::rolleyes::mad::rolleyes:

sometimes I feel like LOFs have to criticize all the other rockets players to make themselves feel better when Lin doesn't do that well...its called blame-shifting...STOP BLAME SHIFTING!!!

9. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Seriously, take a moment and celebrate this win. How can here be this much b****ing after an important grind-it-out win?

10. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Trading for Patterson is understandable cuz they see something in Robinson. Trading Morris still shocks me more. We could use him off the bench.

11. Blaster_333

Blaster_333 Member

According to the team, Jones has a wrist problem apparently, so that may be why he's not playing right now. The only other reason I can think of for him not seeing the floor is that he can't space it either with that suspect jumpshot form of his, so if he's not brining the effort in practice, may as well get T-Rob playing time.

12. Little General

Why is everyone talking about the PG's...??? they played okay. They were not the problem... The problem tonight was the PF position!!!

13. torocan

torocan Member

Beverly had probably his best game since he was signed. Good to see him get minutes.

Lin needed to sit. He sprained his ankle in the first quarter of the Bucks game badly enough that tonight he was a game time decision, and the Orlando announcers said that he was clearly limping in the pre-game warm ups.

Harden probably played too many minutes. His knee is banged up and I'm worried that McHale is runing him into the ground.

Parsons is playing Ridiculous minutes yet again. They need to reduce his minutes or he's going to end up banged up and out of gas by the time they reach the play offs.

TRob looked lost. New to the team, so can't really judge him too harshly at the moment.

Dmo... nice offensive moves, but wow... he wasn't defending very well. Hoping he finds a defensive rhythm soon. Very soon.

Delfino was his usual streaky self.

Greg Smith was once again a foul machine... seriously, he needs to get his hands under control.

We did okay considering our back court is banged up, though it was too close from wire to wire. Still, it was a decent margin win and they stepped up when it was needed the most.

Here's to hoping that more rest and practice will yield more consistent and better results on both ends.

1 person likes this.
  14. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Solid win. Too close for comfort, but we got a win nonetheless thankfully. We really needed it bad.

After a poor first half, Harden ended up having a fantastic game all around. Game ball goes to Beverly, got clutch buckets when we needed them and played great defense.

Not surprised to see LOF's b****ing after a Rockets win. Calm down guys, Beverly played very well down the stretch and deserved to be in there. Lin played well initially, but after the 1st quarter he was mediorcre at best. I'd rather have a Rockets win than a good game by Lin.

15. Calmwater

Calmwater Member

I think i forgot to say Beverley it better looking than Lin :grin:

I see a new bromance Harden/Berverley.. this is hard ;)

16. Karolik

Karolik Member

He has benched Parsons twice. Once for a dleaguer named Anderson. Lin's backups are actually decent players.

17. Akim523

Akim523 Member

There are a few fake fans who have been trolling in GARM.

18. Lucky Charm

Lucky Charm Member

Most pathetic win ever.
    Magic was right there toying with us the whole time until the last few minutes when they probably handed it to us because they're on a tanking mission.

Not only did we not blow them out but we almost lost.
    LOL Magic commentators were so excited like "hey! it's been a while since we've a close game!"

-I find it ridiculous and disrespectful that TJones cannot get any minutes when this ~top5~ pick bum cannot even hold on to the damn ball.
    -I miss PPat's efficient little jumper and PnR defense.
    -JLin's defense was really good today and was pretty quick even with his bum ankle.
    -Harden had a bum knee AND ankle and McHale still plays him 38min lol
    -Garcia is a fantastic cheerleader on the bench :p

19. RedEyesKirby

RedEyesKirby Member

The reason is because he gets subbed in the weirdest rotation minute.

1st qtr subbed out @ 3:28 and came back in @ 6:09 in the 2nd.

Then gets subbed out @ 0:51 at 3rd and that's the end.

Harden and Parsons never feel like they are out of the game because their rotation isn't so segmented. Where we always feel like Lin drops off because his minutes are soo.... messed up, especially for a rhythmic shooter.

That's 8 min play (getting hot), then cool down for a LONG time, and coming back in again for 6 min of play (starting to get hot), then cool down for a LONG time again.

For a rhythmic shooter, it's really devastating. Maybe Lin is sick, or hurt, or whatever. Or maybe McHale is trying to develop Lin to not rely on being a rhythmic shooter. Whatever the case may be, it's like learning a new skill for Lin.

And I also like we're getting to the point where people have to claim they are no LOF before speaking anything regarding Lin. It's getting ridiculous.

20. ogh

ogh Member

Mchale did right bench Lin and Bev played great. Lin is injured anyway. We need both Lin and Bev to be 100% approaching playoff. You all know Lin heals slowly, so have some rest is very good. I think Mchale really is like a father to Lin.

and A bad win is better than a good lose.