1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Magic 3/1/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 28, 2013.

1. muas2010

muas2010 Member

A win is a win, but I don't see how this team is going to beat Dallas in the next two games. I'm seeing McFail going back to the old mentality of that 7 game losing streak.......

2. Karolik

Karolik Member

Yeah this win looked like the one against the Bobcats..Turrible. Hopefully we pull ourselves together after this one like we did with the Bobcats.

3. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

9:12, 4th QtrSeries (Game 2 of 2)
    Warriors 66
    (33-25, 15-18 away)
    Celtics 77

4. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

of coz win is win. we need this win for sure. confusing me is what kind of trust on one of his starter from your head coach. what he tried to tell? his answer most likely will be "I have no idea".

5. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

I always have to keep reminding myself that these people so upset about Lin getting too few minutes and shots and who conjure up these strange notions of McHale conspiracies against Lin are not real Rocket fans or real posters. They are just mindless and reactionary fans flying off the handle because their favorite player is not putting up the numbers they fantasize about him putting up.

It is hard to walk away from their inane posts, but I will try harder in the future to do so.

1 person likes this.
  6. Little General

TROLLing LOH

7. Akim523

Akim523 Member

It's crazy huh? Rockets won and Lin had an OK game but you kind of knew Lin fans gonna come in and complain...

Geez, can't we enjoy the win? We friggin needed this one.

Btw Beverley is a stud.

8. Cautiously_Op

Cautiously_Op Member

Another close game where this team starts strong, then fades. The first half substitutions are still very questionable. Why sit the starting PG for 9 and a half minutes while the team started off so well? It’s good that Beverley came up big tonight off the bench to provide a lift, otherwise it would have been only Delfino again from the bench that can provide anything.

9. Dementium

Dementium Member

Honestly, I'm okay with Beverley being in the game. The guy probably saved our asses tonight.

But, IMO, we needed saving because our PFs were revolving doors on defence tonight. And Harden was super quiet throughout the first three quarters. Heck, he almost shot us out of the game with long pullup threes before Beverley saved our asses.

Delfino too. He was missing threes until the final 3-4 minutes. Wasn't doing well on defence either.

I was hoping to see a Lin - Bev line up for defence since Harden wasn't doing too well either. But the coach's gamble worked out in the end. I can guarantee you though if we had lost a lot of people would have been ripping McHale a new one.

And I also have no freaking idea why TJones is not given a chance ><

On the bright side....its freaking amazing that a quiet game by Harden had a 22-8-7-2 statline.

10. aesthetics80

aesthetics80 Member

This is what I find frustrating. You'd think if your starter is hot and on a roll you leave him in to keep the momentum going. Lin can score 10 and have 5 assists in the 1st and he'll still get subbed out with 4 min left.

Recently when it comes to Lin it seems the sub rotation is set in stone.

11. nappdog

nappdog Contributing Member

I thought we won because we were playing the magic.

12. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

You know, maybe we should give Terrance Jones another look at back up PF, because everytime Robinson comes in with Greg Smith, our defense goes to crap and we blow leads.

We got lucky tonight was one of Delfino's good nights for shooting but as the previous games have shown, he can shoot us out of games just as easily as he helps wins them.

As far as the idiotic back and forth Love/hate for and against Lin, if you couldn't tell Beverly was faster and thus more disruptive due to his speed then I'm glad you aren't a coach. However, if you honestly think he is a better option then Lin based on the games he has played, then I am also glad you aren't a coach because Patrick Beverly is not starting material at this point.

13. alX

alX Member

no one looks like they're having a good time out there.
    after that postgame by mchale the other night, i'm convinced there's a strained relationship with his players.
    after seeing their interaction tonight. it's palpable now.
    this is such a young team and i, personally, don't think he should be the coach
    in the future.
    this is a unique bunch and have a chance of being a remarkable team.
    they need a remarkable coach and leader.
    i'm sure morey will realize this.

14. FTW

FTW Member

nice trolling.

15. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

but at least you can ask a question maybe he wanted to play small.

16. gate470

gate470 Rookie

So have the LOH. It's pretty depressing around here.

17. kozmo

kozmo Member

This team is not playing well at all.....they need a big guy, a great 4...we get little from that position.....trading paterson was a mistake...at leat if youre looking at this year only...

18. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

How can the Lin fans post every article about What a great guy Jeremy is? He only cares about the team and winning.

That said, around here when the team wins and it's not about Lin it's a b**** fest.

WWJD?

19. instar

instar Member

yep, now who's gonna guard Dirk?

20. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Who defended Tobias Harris?