1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Bucks @ Rockets 2/27/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 25, 2013.

1. Nook

Nook Member

Because we are a terrible defensive team

2. figment

figment Member

Dafuq I just read

3. luckytxn

luckytxn Member

To the Rockets it does. To any other team they have to pay the poison pill and 15 million 3rd year. Our benefit does not carry over to another team.

4. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

Hope and Votes...lol.. And he didn't need his brother's help in Florida to get him in...

My bad.. Wrong prez...

5. Bublanski

Bublanski Member

Lin was way too passive in that game.

he stood around the 3 pt. line instead of looking for the ball. he only took like 11 shots that is a detriment not only to the team but to himself.

Lin went back to hiding mode in this game.

6. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

better ask BimaThug. he should be able to answer if other teams, including knicks, who trade lin will have 8+ mil counting to their cap or 15 mil. i know if knicks had matched, 15 mil would had counted to their cap. not sure about trade.

7. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

I didn't get to watch the start of the game ... but is this what happened on defense?

PG Lin plays PG Jennings, SF Parsons plays SG Ellis, C Asik takes C Sanders, PF DMo takes SF Ilyasova, and SG Harden takes PF Luc RMaM?

Harden's near 400/500 synergy defensive ratings comes from picking up the worst offensive players all the time, including Thelfolosha against OKC?

But to hide him to this extent so that Parsons has a speed mismatch defending Ellis and DMo has to guard a 3-pt shooting SF/PF in Ilyosova?

The two reasons why our defense is so bad?
    Harden not putting in the effort, and the coaching staff hiding Harden on D so much that defensive mismatches become a nightmare?

Like against Brooklyn (although we won). Lin picks up Watson, Parson on Deron, and now we've got smaller guys picking up Gerald Wallace and Reggie Evans (Delfino). 5 offensive rebounds for Evans that game.

If DMo didn't have to defend Ilyosova tonight, he probably could've stayed on the court longer, and even then he had the team's highest +/- tonight. Very impressive.

1 person likes this.
  8. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Member

I didn't envision a role player. This is the entire reason why I said it would not be a bad thing if Lin WAS more selfish..and he needs to be more confident in his own abilities. That is why this marriage hasn't worked out as well as we thought, he plays like a subservient wife. Lin was also a high priced FA and while Harden is the superior player, it doesn't mean Lin has to morph himself into a role player and give up on his own belief in his abilities. People here have faulted Harden for wanting the ball, controlling the ball, or trying to make all the big plays or shots. That's how you want your #1 guy to think and what you want your franchise guy to do.

It's Lin's job to tell him no.. it's my time/turn to take over and handle this. He defers too much and it even happened in NY. If Melo never got hurt, Linsanity never would've happened. I don't hate the guy and was excited to get him, because I know what I saw in NY. All I'm asking is for Lin to see that as well, have more confidence in his game, be more of that player, and imprint that player upon games more consistently. That's all I'm asking.. it has nothing to do with "hate".

Heck even the "Lin people" and "Harden people" agree that Harden struggled tonight... well case in point, this was one of those times where "confident Lin' should've stepped up and said, No.. it's my time/turn to take over and handle this.. that is what non role players do. There were a lot of moments in this game (for instance when Harden got hurt) that Lin could've done that.. yet didn't. That's been my beef with him this season.

9. WSWhippets

WSWhippets Member

but dude, what do you want from parsons on that last play? you give him the prayer and if he makes it you shake his hand. i don't think you can blame parsons. i do blame mchale for not putting DMO in for rebounding on that last play (and to finish out a game where he played very well for that matter)

10. luckytxn

luckytxn Member

Hmm. So what you are saying is that scoring wins games?

11. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

It's not even true...

Cap hit of 8.3m to any team except Knicks if they had matched.

We're paying him 5.225 this year and next, then the 15. But cap hit is very different to that.

12. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

If the trade Lin, the other team also inherits the ~$8.3M for cap purposes, but whoever plays Lin in the final year still has to pay $15M.

13. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

One star player can only carry a team so far... Need other players and the coaching staff to step their games up...

14. WSWhippets

WSWhippets Member

to start the game harden was on ellis. later, they made the adjustment and stuck him on dunleavy and chandler on monta. JL contained jennings all night and stoned him on the last possession. chandler played monta just fine on the last possession--monta just made a prayer that you can only tip your hat to.

15. figment

figment Member

You'd better watch out, you're starting to sound like one of those time-traveling LOF.

16. rubbertoe

rubbertoe Member

Asik's favorite candy
    [​IMG]

17. WSWhippets

WSWhippets Member

no he's saying that if you give the ball to JL and he scores more we win games. and it's true.

18. muas2010

muas2010 Member

LOL...CP3 wouldn't be CP3 on this team....McFail making CP3 camping by the corners.:grin:

19. brick

brick Member

Did you watch the last timeout during the 4th quarter ? Harden gave the ball to Lin to make plays before the timeout and we were leading. After the timeout ......

20. Bublanski

Bublanski Member

we would have won that game had harden gave effort on defense and if lin didnt act like a little beyotch being afraid to shoot the damn ball.

Lin is a rhythm player. how can you get any sort of offensive rhythm if you are only taking 11 shots the entire game?