1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Bucks @ Rockets 2/27/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 25, 2013.

1. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Member

Only I don't think he is pretending. :grin:

Tonight's game is somewhat an indication of the lack of experience from this Rockets coaching staff. I really believe our players are very coachable but somehow I don't have enough confidence that our coaching staff knows what they are doing.

2. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

unfortunately he is what he is. he is good at attacking the rim and forces defense to leave his teammates open.

3. Benchwarmer

Benchwarmer Member

He had an opportunity after 2 offensive rebounds on previously missed shots.

4. luckytxn

luckytxn Member

And Yao.

5. Hous-TO-n

Hous-TO-n Member

Because the coach system is composed from the same people.

6. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

I gave my facts... Points, Assist, Steals, and the few rebounds he chipped in on. Even took a charge. And all you got is useless +/- stats and crying about defense when NO ONE on this team plays good defense.

That's all I got friend. Really all I need.. But if you think he should be crucified because of his turnovers then you go right ahead.

7. Nook

Nook Member

Not so sure about that. I could see Parsons and/or Lin moved if it brings in another star. Both have reasonable contracts, are young and good upside.

8. OpportunityCost

Ahhh, the voice of reason. I concur!

9. luckytxn

luckytxn Member

Why do they guard someone who misses so many then?

10. Ethernet

Ethernet Member

Mchale got what he wanted. We played undemocratic ball, Parsons (his favorite) got to turn the ball over at will, while Lin stopped running "homerun plays" and sat in the corner, watching Harden dribble the ball for 20 seconds and either brick or TO like a good boy. Meanwhile, we lost...COACH OF THE YEARRRRRRR, TROLOLOL

11. wanghan2004281

I have another question. Can somebody help me? Why did OKC trade Harden instead of Westbrook? I mean, Harden is so much better at pretty anything including running the offense. It just baffles me.

12. YoungGods

YoungGods Member

yes you will be like James Harden?:grin:

13. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

This...

Everyone is attacking these young players and throw no blame at the feet of the coaching staff...

14. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

harden is the best player we have. but his defense is not good at all not coz he is weak at it. coz he doesn't pay much attention. if he wants, he can be very good. he just need to put effort in.

15. manning

manning Member

Poor rotations again...

16. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

If that includes 80 million bucks, sign me up :)

17. luckytxn

luckytxn Member

Nobody will take Lin and that 15 million fully guaranteed 3rd year. That is CP3 stats to earn that much. Lin is not CP3. They want Parsons or/and Asik.

18. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

i don't get what you tried to say.

19. LoLin

LoLin Member

You'd think that after the painful 7 game losing streak, the coaching staff would've come to a rude awakening that PG by committee is not going to work.

20. Cautiously_Op

Cautiously_Op Member

You are still trying to defend Harden's quite loose overall defensive efforts this year, maybe a little too emotionally. His defense by itself is not going to help this team win championships, nor does Kobe's. That's why I said beyond his scoring abilities, which also applies to Kobe's.

I am not a Kobe fan, but I think he has proven himself over time, individually and with star sidekicks, so there's no "risk" involved anymore in talking about him as he's close to the end of his career. The "risk" to me is still on Harden, that's why I said only time will tell.

As for your comments about Harden and his defensive efforts while at OKC, the Thunder so far has already shown that they are just as effective with Martin in that spot.