1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Bucks @ Rockets 2/27/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 25, 2013.

1. Steal&Deal

Steal&Deal Member

My comment was the same one Calvin Murphy made later. So you're the one who needs to GTFO.

2. gnozahs

gnozahs Member

Yeah. Ellis was all the way at the 3 pt line while Parsons was sagging down. Then when Jennings was stuck, Ellis ran to Jennings while Parsons sagged too low to recover the distance that Ellis had gained on him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmGqVxYbITU

3. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

maybe you're right. les doesn't want to lose another money cow due to injury. les learnt the lesson from yao. les wants lin to stay at the corner to avoid of injury possibility of all kinds.:grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

4. gnozahs

gnozahs Member

^ But then again, Ellis made a lucky, circus shot.

5. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

No, that would make him better than Parsons or Delfino...

6. Lucky Charm

Lucky Charm Member

Hey, that's really clever Ricky! :) the good 'ol, 'I have no rebuttal to facts so I will pretend Im an illiterate dumbass instead'

7. Benchwarmer

Benchwarmer Member

Either we spend the rest of this season developing the rookies and D-league talent .... or we keep 'em on the bench and make a push for the Playoffs.

Obviously, this team cannot fulfill both at the same time .. :(

8. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Yes....by design not talent.:grin:

9. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

why 4th seed? i am thinking about #1.

10. Nook

Nook Member

Several reasons... There is a reason every team in the league doesn't run like the Rockets, it is a killer on the defensive end... Almost impossible to get back and the result is a helter skelter ball of mush where there is no team defense or accountability.

You can throw those numbers out the window. So much of defense is unit dependent, not a single player on his man, but help defense and knowing where a teammate will be if you switch or funnel. The Rockets don't have that, they have no idea where their teammates will be and if a switch or an area on the floor will be covered.

Lin is not a great defender, but he is not bad either. Harden is average to slightly below average, and very inconsistent. As for Parsons, he is a perfect example of what happens to a good defender in a chaotic situation.

11. gate470

gate470 Rookie

This is our core for the next couple years too. They all need to improve.

12. luckytxn

luckytxn Member

Who knew Asians break so easily.

13. wanghan2004281

I have a sincere stupid question since I am a basketball newbie. I just started playing. Is being a big time scorer automatically equal to being a good basketball player? If it is, I will solely focus on offensive skills in the future.

14. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

no, no, no, you're wrong. c'mon, he can hit home runs, singles, doubles, winning gold glove, striking out hitters, and catching stealing. he is the best baseball player ever played on the field.

15. LoLin

LoLin Member

Ask Greg Oden and Andrew Bynum.

16. luckytxn

luckytxn Member

If Lin had an actual consistent scoring average we could be battling for #1.

Instead we get...clunk...clunk.

17. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

who cares? they are not money cow.;););)

18. luckytxn

luckytxn Member

Score enough you become God.

19. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Like everything else, if you want to make big money, just be really good at one thing. Scoring like crazy, blocking like crazy, or rebounding like crazy.:grin:Lebron James is a diety....so you don't need to be like him.

20. Lucky Charm

Lucky Charm Member

This.
    I'm not sure why we went so ISO oriented again at the end. It made me sick cuz that's exactly what this team was doing during that god awful 7 game losing streak. :eek: