1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Rockets officially sign Tim Ohlbrecht

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 25, 2013.

1. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

This will be interesting.

2. darmor90

darmor90 Member

If he can rebound and find ways to get in the paint, he'll be fine

3. illadelphiah

illadelphiah Member

diamond in the rough :cool:

4. rayrocket

rayrocket Member

can't wait to see our new guys in the real game......

5. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I've seen him play enough games (including live) to know what to expect. He'll give us solid defense, rebounding, close baskets and few bonehead plays. He's the dream D-League player to me, in that he doesn't try to do too much and plays a few minutes here and there to get the team in a position to win.

6. clubberclyde

clubberclyde Member

but can he shoot?

7. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Morey used roster spots on the likes of Courtney Fortson, Diamon Simpson, Earl Boykins, Terrence Williams, Jonny Flynn, Hasheem Thabeet, etc. He has wasted many roster spots.

8. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

Celtic's interest may have just pushed Morey to make this signing. If he's not looking good in the games, Is it possible to waive him later like what we did to Machado?

9. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

So has Ohlbrecht been called up to the Rockets, or will he continue to develop with RGV?

Officially Rockets can carry 13, and Honeycutt and White are in Dleague.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Fortson was below average and Boykins did help in the beginning

I agree with the rest

11. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

His debut in 2k

[​IMG]

12. GIGO

GIGO Member

Possibly. I read somewhere one of the reasons he was compared to Dirk Nowitzki years ago in Germany was because he was a big man who could shoot. He's been doing more of other things near the post since then, so it's possible that his shooting is rusty, but hopefully it can be easily brushed up cause we're gonna need it from the corner.

Tim's corner shooting at 1:10

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dBbkys6lqhU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

13. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

Watching his highlights, he really looks and moves like Bill Wennington, who wasn't a bad reserve. Hopefully he can keep improving his game and play smart, team basketball. Welcome to the Rockets!

14. Hrock

Hrock Rookie

He likes the PnR....veerrryyy Linteresting...

[​IMG]

15. Mariachi ROCKET

7fters!!!!! Dawg!

16. Benchwarmer

Benchwarmer Member

The 14th roster spot is a tough place to be in. Rockets could waive Tim at a moments notice if they need that spot for a 3rd string PG (In case Lin or Beverly goes down).

If the Rockets DO make the playoffs, as they should, the team is would need to cut the roster down to 12 players.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I would bet that they cut down the rotation to 12 not the roster spots.... lol no way does the rest of players lose their money because the team made the playoffs

18. alX

alX Member

i'm so glad there are great backstories to undrafted or euro players like Lin Dmo and Olbrecht or incredibly classy, likable, young talent such as Harden and Durant, Parsons, DMo, Asik, etc.
    because with derek "flaky" fisher head of one side and david "the worm" stern at the helm of the other, this league would be hard to truly admire.

i didn't even pay attention to the nba after Olajuwon left and until Yao showed up because it seemed like such a primadonna, classless league.
    lebron has grown up and is not the punk diva he once was.
    the future looks bright.
    it will continue to improve as the fisher and stern age is phased out.

unrelated: Kevin Garnett should finish his career in Houston.

man. it's five in the morning and i'm rambling...

19. coweye

coweye Member

I watched some of Ohlbrechts games here in Germany. When he can run up and down the floor he is at his best. So seems a perfect fit for the way the Rockets play. He is good on switching on D. Another plus is that he sets good screens. Before he went to the D-League he turned down some offers from European teams. I think the reason is that he struggles in the half court game thats why he wasn't that succesfull in the German league.

20. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

The only thing that scares me how Drexler, Bill & Bull are going to take this. I'm sure it will start with a lot german jokes and one of them will go to far, count on it.

1 person likes this.