1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

McHale "(Lin) rather have 29pts and 9 TOs, I tell him 'we wanna win'""

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Lucky Charm, Feb 24, 2013.

1. BleedRed

BleedRed Member

Look durvasa, that is a PC way of saying Lin is not as good as others think or even Lin himself thinks, maybe just maybe what McHale really feels is what his latest quote conveyed? Anyway we will never be able to get inside McHales head. But he said what he said, lets not get all hypothetical and just take it that he is a grown man who is articulate enough to convey what he really wanted to.

2. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

If the ball is in Harden's hands then what does Lin do?

3. gorockets2009

gorockets2009 Rookie

LOL, McHale had the answer a long time ago. He is not going to change it.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Sounds like a fair excuse to ignore context in order to continue believing the fan fiction that McHale hates Lin.

5. Vpballa916

Vpballa916 Contributing Member

yes, but what i am saying is that it can be both ways. There needs to be a balance so that both guys are being utilized to their maximum levels. And Since Harden is a dead eye shooter, it wouldn't hurt to allow Lin to be a little more ball-dominant.

6. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

7. BleedRed

BleedRed Member

ignore context? What is this hypothetical and finctional out of context are we talking about. Get some concrete facts and then we can have a discussion.

8. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Who's being hypothetical? I'm posting direct quotes from him which are much longer and more explanatory than the one you are obsessing over. Anyone can see the NY Daily quote is a crude and short-hand way of expressing a previously expressed opinion that was actually much more nuanced and reasoned. You of course are committed to the notion that McHale has a personal grudge against Lin, so you believe what you want to believe. If you don't have any new ideas to contribute, I suggest you give it a rest. 100+ posts of you saying the same thing over and over in this thread is getting tiresome

9. BleedRed

BleedRed Member

Trust me, what you are saying is not anything unique compared to what other apologists before you have said 100 times over. You do realize that don't you? First its made up, second its the context, third i can read McHales mind and this is what he really meant just forget about his actual comments. gtfo.

10. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

other parts can be used to any young player who has potential. this part is what i am interested in most.

lin is home run hitter. what made mchale think lin is a home run hitter?

lin is a leadoff man due to his pg position. it's kinda tough to understand. does a leadoff man control the offense of a baseball team?

if you're a baseball team manager, what are you going to do with your home run hitter? ask him to hit single, double...? :confused:

11. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Congratulations: you have now used more than 1/3 of your total posts on CF--in the past 4 years--in this one thread, to defend Jeremy Lin against an imagined slight from the coach.

12. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

Seriously why even bother them? They aren't going to fire Mchale just because you keep on whining to Morey. Also why tweet Bullard, Lin, csnhouston, and feigen?

13. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

It doesn't matter what you'll say, the behavior on here would most likely be typified as extreme paranoia and schizofrenia. They don't listen to reason, I'd just leave it alone. This is like one of those random hollywood articles they post on those ****ty websites just trying to get a spin on something, and boy were they right...they got the fish/hook/line/sinker.

I thought OP was a good poster sometimes but this just reeks of
    "Oh I don't know if Mchale is out to get Lin (insert smiley face)--I'm just trying to get a decent discussion started here-MCHALE HATES LIN BTW- (Insert smiley face) so what do you guys think?"

14. Vpballa916

Vpballa916 Contributing Member

how are you going to turn Lin into Derrick Fisher?

Did Omar Asik transform into Shaq? lol

15. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

People like this are why I hate opening threads in the GARM nowadays.

16. BleedRed

BleedRed Member

If anyone here thinks that this helps with the context of that insulting quote, is completely wrong. It actually reinforces it, he thinks Lin wants to score (homerun) over making the right plays (single/double). And this latest quote is just more friggin direct. If you think its the long passes he is talking about, I HIGHLY doubt it. The coaching wants quick fast baskets like those which keeps the game at a fast pace and the defense on it toes. Thats just our style.

17. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Of course it can, and I don't think there is a single person here who disagrees that Lin should get the ball more to give Harden a rest from ball handling duties.

The problem is what happens when Harden is the one with the ball? That's going to happen with at least half of the possessions, or when we need someone to stop a run, or in crunch time. What does Lin do then?

Lin has to improve on his spot up shooting as well, I'm sure both McHale and Lin are aware of that. Attempting to hide his weakness by ensuring that Lin always has the ball is the worse way to go about improving him.

18. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

mchale questioned lin. of coz, you deny it. we have different view on what mchale said. neither of us can be convinced.

19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

A discussion? Are you kidding? You have 124 posts in this thread, and counting. You have about 3 times the posts of anyone else. That isn't a discussion, it is you babbling inanely, saying the same crap over and over and over again. You are a waste of bandwidth. You're also lucky that I'm not a mod, because I'd toss you on your ear. The only thing bigger than your mouth is your own sense of self-importance. Why don't you try reading posts for a while, instead of posting out of control. You are idiocy run rampant.

3 people like this.
  20. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

What the hell does that have to do with heart?