1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

McHale "(Lin) rather have 29pts and 9 TOs, I tell him 'we wanna win'""

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Lucky Charm, Feb 24, 2013.

1. BleedRed

BleedRed Member

huh?? So his below tweets is not referencing this quote???

Here from the horses mouth Jason Friedman:
    "To sum up: That snippet was taken from pregame intvw in which McHale RAVED about Jeremy. Said he couldn't be happier about his growth and progress. That quote in question was made in reference to McHale's desire to more safer passes.." etc.

2. BleedRed

BleedRed Member

Sigh, no one associates trying too hard on rebounding to being selfish, but padding points over TOs and wins, Yes. Anyways, we are done here...

3. Vpballa916

Vpballa916 Contributing Member

Lin is an attacking PG, in the same style as Tony Parker.

I think it is flattering that TP said that Lin reminded him of his younger self.

Lin has a flare for making plays, and he knows he can do it.

Please McHale, do not turn Lin into a caged bird.

We could have two 20 point scorers on this team if you let him loose. The more Lin scores, the more effective his passing becomes.

1 person likes this.
  4. BleedRed

BleedRed Member

name calling nice. The tweets are there and its from Jason Friedman. Go learn how to use twitter. Apparently all you McFail apologist thinks everyone makes stuff up.

5. Lucky Charm

Lucky Charm Member

[​IMG]

Me right now,
    [​IMG]

Hey, we don't have a game in a few days, might as well entertain ourselves with some drama. :p

6. nickg

nickg Member

So...hes trying to turn him in to fisher then. Comparing him to parker is ridiculous. Even when ginoblii played more, parker was still a huge part of that offense.

7. boiler

boiler Member

Didn't read all the posts in the thread, but here is the problem with fans from both sides, they over analyze every little thing and try to prove their point, mainly because they are delusional or have an agenda. Here is my message to you all to take home and be done with this debate:

1. McHale dose NOT have a high opinion of Lin as a player and his game as of now. If you don't see that, you're blind.

2. Is it wrong for McHale to not have a high opinion of Lin's game? Hell no. He is the coach and I trust him on his evaluation of his players more than the biased fans. He has a system and uses players the way he believes the best to win. I have no problem with that.

Bottom line: Lin is average PG at this point of his career. But he is young and inexperienced. With all the physical tools he has, his work ethics and high IQ, it is not a cardinal sin for his fans and true Rockets fans to believe he will improve, a lot. Don't look now, by the end of next season, if Lin hasn't made significant improvements, I will be first to admit I was wrong on Lin's upside.

8. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

I give up. 44 pages of this **** is pathetic. Can't there be a "kiddie's table" or something for threads like this?

9. CarolNYC

CarolNYC Contributing Member

Well stated. I like this a lot....and I agree.

10. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

So padding rebounds at the cost of defense apparently is not selfish to you?

Even though bad defense won't show up in his stats and TOs would. So it seems like the selfish player would be very likely to sacrifice defense for stats.

But its nice to know you think the world works off your own personal perception of things.

Thank god, please just be done entirely and let this thread die.

There's a part of me that wants to see Lin traded to the Miami Heat just for the lols it will bring. I want to see Lebron fans and Lin fans go at it. Oh man, some of the stuff you guys say on here is funny but I can only imagine the comedy that would happen on the Heat boards.

11. pnr

pnr Member

Why would the Heat do that trade? They have Chalmers at a cheap price and he is the perfect role player for that team. The Heat have two capable facilitators in Lebron and Wade and don't really need a traditional point guard to be successful.

12. BleedRed

BleedRed Member

hahaha you think ANYONE would think Beverly is trying to pad his rebounds by fighting with Bigs for offensive rebounds?? Srsly?? OKKKKK says a lot about how much you know about basketball. If anything, its not a smart move but I would say dudes got heart. Selfish is the last word i would use to describe him for doing that.

13. YoungGods

YoungGods Member

There are a lot of great comments in these 44 pages. I don't want to quote them or be accused as a LOF.:grin:

14. BleedRed

BleedRed Member

lol funny coz you are contributing to this sht quite a bit I might say.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

My guess is that it would be very similar to
    "LEBRON KEEPS TRYING TO PLAY PG INSTEAD OF LIN!!!! HE'S A SF NOT A PG!!! THEY HATE JEREMY LIN!!!!"

16. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

Are you just ****ing with me at this point?

17. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

what about mchale had said to the media regarding beverly in this way "“Sometimes he’d rather have 29 ORBs and I tell him, ‘Beverly, we’re trying to win,’ ”?

18. BleedRed

BleedRed Member

who cares of being called LOFs. Why is that such a bad thing? Don't let these neanderthals get to you.

19. BleedRed

BleedRed Member

I will say DUDES GOT THE BIGGEST HEART IN THE NBA lol seriously, not even joking.

20. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

Agreed.