1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

McHale "(Lin) rather have 29pts and 9 TOs, I tell him 'we wanna win'""

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Lucky Charm, Feb 24, 2013.

1. pnr

pnr Member

Who are the other point guards? Jason Kidd is mainly a spot up shooter on that team. No one on the team averages more than 4 assists per game besides Felton, while in Houston, Harden is the primary playmaker averaging 6 assists per game.

2. BleedRed

BleedRed Member

And like I said before, McHale has criticized Lin many times on his TOs trying to hit homeruns instead of just bunting, nothing wrong with fair criticism. But this one is just attacking someone's character on Lin trying to pad his stats. Everything aside, referencing 29 points is a clear indication of where McHale is going with his comment on Lin.

3. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Melo sometimes bring the ball up, Kidd and JR Smith as well.

4. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

How does trying to score result in turnovers? Turnovers are generally from passes. Missed shots are not called turnovers.

I'm not spinning anything. I'm the guy who quoted the entire conversation. You're imagining stuff that is outside the text.

5. pnr

pnr Member

Yes, but they are not playmakers on that team. They are scorers and Felton's role is to facilitate.

6. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

So if he's saying that Lin is trying to pad his stats, which is something you are inferring, then how can you not make the same inference when he talks about Beverly rebounding instead of getting back on defense?

7. Karolik

Karolik Member

For ALL LOFS this is the perfect example of a quote taken out of context.

quote: "When I worked out, I was probably going 80-85 percent and I just figured in a week I might be 100 percent,"

Lin got bashed for not playing at 80-85 percent in the playoffs. Taken at face value it seems to be 100% true. But what did he really mean?

"I wasn't 100 percent, meaning I wasn't 100 percent able to play five-on-five. That's my biggest concern right now,"

Get it? Can you guys shut up now please. Its entirely possible to take quotes out of context and spin it however you want.

8. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Same here.

I would think something news worthy like Lin "apparently" being implied as a selfish player by his own coached would be harped upon by every major news outlet out there.

Melo's opinion regarding Lin's contract as dissected to death and plastered on every major news source.

I have yet to see this pop up anywhere else.

9. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

So basically Jason Friedman did not confirm that quote. And you truly are the infant here. Blowing an obviously fallacious, made up quote into something that you think actually matters. Don't let the door out hit ya where the good lord split ya. We truly have no need for you here.

10. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

more than what you mentioned, such as offense charging, ball stripped when attacking the rim.

11. langal

langal Contributing Member

Kind of weird quote by a coach but this has gone on for too long.

43 pages?!?

12. BleedRed

BleedRed Member

Dude there is a reason why McHale exaggerated 9 TOs because he sees a correlation to Lin scoring big points and TOs which leads to a loss. Again, to say he has to remind Lin that they are trying to win, clearly means he thinks Lin has another objective in mind which is to score. If you still blindly want to spin, go at it.

Entire conversation? Calling Lin a home run hitter followed by that quote puts it into context and makes it less offensive? Seriously?

13. BleedRed

BleedRed Member

go read his tweeter feed @jasoncfriedman

14. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Yes, but if you have guys other guys that bring the ball up and look to score or can pass it around as well then you won't get high asts numbers. You know that when you give the ball to Melo he holds onto it for so long that there's no chance of getting an asts from him.

15. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

i clearly know what he meant but this part of your post got me confused. what did you try to say? :confused:

16. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

lol, I remember that, so many people were bashing him. It was obvious what he meant.

"You couldn't give me 15 minutes? Not even 15 minutes?" lol

Stephen A Smith was taking that quote by Lin and just running with it, calling him soft, saying he was greedy and cared only about protecting his contract, etc. A lot of analyst were saying that. Crazy what people can do with 1 quote.

17. BleedRed

BleedRed Member

Here from the horses mouth Jason Friedman:
    "To sum up: That snippet was taken from pregame intvw in which McHale RAVED about Jeremy. Said he couldn't be happier about his growth and progress. That quote in question was made in reference to McHale's desire to more safer passes.." etc.

I get that but wtf referencing 29 points has to do with safer passes? Like some apologists just agreed with me, Lin's TO has nothing to do with Lin looking to score. Anyway, once again, McHale's post game interview after the Thunder game is VERY telling about what he thinks of Lin.

18. Arthurprescott2

Sigh... look what you did Lucky... 43 pages of this crap.

19. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

The tweet you seem to be referring to does not exist. Please check your sources before you post because you can be assured that I will do so after you post.

20. BleedRed

BleedRed Member

I will donate Clutch for the bandwidth for this thread lol Lin fans, we are who we are, but its more because McHale apologists coming up with random hypothetical scenarios which are falling apart one by one that is causing all this back and forth. You can't clap with one hand.