1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

McHale "(Lin) rather have 29pts and 9 TOs, I tell him 'we wanna win'""

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Lucky Charm, Feb 24, 2013.

1. GoRockets!

GoRockets! Member

Although not that important, but when I say BleedRed is sharp, I was mainly impressed by his ability to hit the nail on the head whenever he makes counter argument to his debaters posts. He rarely misses to attack the shaky arguments. And his debaters could barely make any come backs based on what he just argued and attacked. I would really be dreadful if I had to face such a debater in my class, that's what I meant. :p

2. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

I dunno I think someone like Torocan is much more worthy of the ass kissing honestly.

3. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

I would like to know why other sources aren't reporting this.

A coach calling Lin out would seem pretty news worthy. Considering how the media plastered Melo's comments regarding Lin's contract everywhere, I find it hard to believe that sites like ESPN aren't jumping all over this if this was true.

4. BleedRed

BleedRed Member

Well if you can't infer selfish from “Sometimes he’d rather have 29 points and nine turnovers and I tell him, ‘Jeremy, we’re trying to win," I dont know what to say. Really Lin would rather score 29 points??? No doubt he has lots of TOs and thats a fair criticism of his game but to say it is because he is trying to get his points? Really? Majority of the times his TOs are because he is trying to make a difficult pass! No one would be sitting here and arguining if he had just said, "Sometimes Lin likes to force the issue which leads to too many TOs". To say Lin would rather pad his numbers is just plain BS. Shame on McHale.

5. cytrynowa

cytrynowa Member

But Torocan talks about actual basketball, you see.

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That reminds me, I was on a metro bus once and this homeless guy started screaming about how he was the messiah and how the CIA was after him and that they put microchips in people's heads to spy on him....he argued that point so well that people were barely able to make any comebacks based on what he just argued.

7. sammsung987

sammsung987 Member

Its a false statement. Lin doesn't take alot of shots.. He was even afraid to shoot in the beginning. For Mchale to say something false just shows his dislike of Lin.

8. BleedRed

BleedRed Member

Well there you go, now its down to McHale didn't mean it that way and its not in the right context. Yea I am waiting to hear how in a certain context this insult is actually a compliment in disguise! Spin machine go.

9. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

it's a huge difference. mchale got on beverly's mistake. well on lin case, he pointed out lin was selfish. here is his words - “Sometimes he’d rather have 29 points and nine turnovers and I tell him, ‘Jeremy, we’re trying to win,’ ” McHale said.

if mchale had said "sometimes he had too many TOs and i tell him, 'jeremy, we're trying to win", i would have had no problem with it since less TOs are always good.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Oh, so you're saying I have to "infer" that he was calling him selfish and that he didn't "call a player selfish in those exact words" like you said earlier?

11. BleedRed

BleedRed Member

Sounds like hot air like below:

I cannot believe I have to argue with McHale apologists on:

1. We are misinterpreting McHale's quote. As if they would know what McHale truly meant. All I am reading are his words in plain simple uncomplicated english.
    2. That the source Filip Bondy is completely making the quote up (based on no facts whatsoever).
    3. The context is completely off.

All hypothetical scenarios based on zero information.

12. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Dammit, the source puts it in the context of Lin being a "home run hitter," and "home run hitter" is in quotation marks, meaning those are McHale's words.

It doesn't say Lin is selfish etc. "Home run hitter" means Lin tries to make big plays every time. You think a guy trying to hit a home run is not trying to help his team?

It can be concluded from the article that McHale thinks Lin has a different philosophy of how to win, that's all. Lin will take home runs and strikeouts when sometimes McHale wants a bunt: that's what McHale means.

McHale is not out of line at all. And I'm sure Lin is less upset that a lot of his fans on this board.

13. BleedRed

BleedRed Member

Infer because he didn't use the exact word, e.g. I think you are intellectually challenged who is not able to comprehend what McHale said in his own words.

There, thats an example of me infering you are an idiot, but I didnt say it. Got it?

14. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

lol Pretty much. I doubt Lin even cares just like being voted All star which his fans wanted to see more than himself.

15. GoRockets!

GoRockets! Member

I don't kiss anybody's ass, that's gross. I give credit to whoever impresses me, be it a debating skill like BleedRed or the ability to make 4000 post in 6 month, Roxxy, or famous DaDokota (showed their passion and ability to make solid arguments) or the data-driven poster Torocan.

There are other posters that impressed me, too. For example, Tinman, for his passion of Rockets history, especially the Championship years. Got to give him credit for that.

But I don't kiss anybody's ass. And I don't take anybody's crap either. ;)

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Actually that's not what your example did at all. Saying someone is "mentally challenged" is outright saying they are an "idiot". Maybe that's why you aren't very good at this, you seem to fail at a very basic level.

17. Lucky Charm

Lucky Charm Member

And then finally, when there's no other way around it, some folks will actually force themselves to agree with McHale's like

"...you know, now that I think about it, he's right. Jeremy DOES kinda shoot too much. Dangit, Jeremy stop chucking us out of games! :mad:. His chucking almost cost us the OKC game! He should've focused more on feeding Omer"

18. BleedRed

BleedRed Member

I never took offense to what McHale said on Lin hitting homeruns and striking out. That is still an odd statement considering Lin has been very controlled with this team, but come on, it was not offensive to me. But to say Lin is looking for his points over team win, now THATs offensive to a Lin fan.

19. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

You do realize that the entire source of all of this nonsense is a rag most NYC residents would never ever admit to reading? They have never been a "trust worthy" news source.

20. BleedRed

BleedRed Member

dude you really fail. If Lin is looking to score over wins is not an epitome of selfish, you can just stop typing. Now I really dont want to hear what YOU think McHale really meant from his quote.