1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How Long Will the Heat be Good?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Obito, Feb 24, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

I've been talking to some of my friends down here in Miami & this 11 game win streak has them thinking they're at their prime, personally I disagree. They still seem to be memorized by Wade's play too. The Heat have also clearly regressed on the defensive side. Which brings me to the subject at hand....

How long do you guys think the Heat will be great? Also what's their cap situation like (mainly the big 3)?

2. Sleepy Flloyd

Sleepy Flloyd Member

Not four, not five, not six.....

3. VBG

VBG Member

As long as Lebron is there.

4. FearTheBeardJH

5. Classic

Classic Member

6. LC Rox Fan

LC Rox Fan Member

As simple as this

7. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

This. And I don't think he's going anywhere, even though the trendy thing to say is he's going back to Cleveland. It's not a Dan Gilbert situation with the Heat ownership/FO. It's Mickey Arison and PAT EFFING RILEY. I have no doubt that Riley will convince him to re-sign, as well as keep bringing in pieces to complement him.

8. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

I almost can guarantee Riley won't be able to find a player nearly as talented as Irving.

9. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

As long as Lebron is there, they are championship contenders no question.

As long as Lebron is there with a healthy Wade and Bosh, they're championship favorites.

I imagine they'll be "good" for at least 6-8 years.

10. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

The Heat are in luxury tax hell. The summer of 2014 brings the big 3 onto the free agent market. After that they are done.

11. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

I would never doubt Pat Riley, but he doesn't need to. I don't even think Irving is a good fit with LeBron. He needs the ball in his hands - do you think he'd be willing to defer to LeBron like Wade has at the BEGINNING of his career?

12. amaru

amaru Member

As long as D-Wade can be D-Wade. LBJ is going to do his thing for another 5 years.....Wade is the one to watch.

13. underrated015

underrated015 Member

As long as wade n bosh are there, lebron's staying. Where else would he go? L.A.? When he can almost guarantee a finals trip in the east every year. I say the next 7 years.

14. Juxtaposed Jolt

/thread.

15. gnozahs

gnozahs Member

This.

16. jae713

jae713 Member

I would be curious if they would take another pay cut to play together again once there contracts are up. I am not familiar with their cap situation, but I would imagine it will be extremely difficult to sign all three again while still being able to afford decent role players.

17. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

Hoping LeBron leaves back to Cleveland to try and even things out in the East.

Hoping the Pacers can be the team that upsets them this year.

18. carayip

carayip Member

If I were Lebron, I would trust Pat Riley build a team around me than Dan Gilbert and company, it's not even close.

1 person likes this.
  19. carayip

carayip Member

Riley is more likely to steal Irving away from Cavs than Cavs keeping Irving long term.

20. carayip

carayip Member

If I were them, I would try to low ball Wade and let him be the one to take a pay cut since he's the one least likely to want to leave and he would be way past his prime when his next contract ends. Lebron and Bosh are must keep. And they should have no problem attracting cheap ring chasers. It could get it done.