1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

McHale "(Lin) rather have 29pts and 9 TOs, I tell him 'we wanna win'""

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Lucky Charm, Feb 24, 2013.

1. BleedRed

BleedRed Member

Huh? I called him McFail after his latest comments on Lin. Which means, benefit of the doubt no more. got it? I guess not.

Anyway, go watch his interview after the Thunder game, McFail did not mention Lin ONCE?! Whereas the Rockets broadcasters had lots of good things to say about Lin after giving Harden his due praise.

2. JMG524

JMG524 Member

Mchale clearly doesn't know what he's talking about. The statistics say the contrary. Our record this year is 6-3 when Lin scores 20 or more points. Conversely, the team is surprisingly 7-2 in games where Lin has 5 or more turnovers. It's obvious Lin turning the ball over has no significant negative effect on our win percentage. Meanwhile, his scoring does equate to more wins due to the fact that this team is built to win by means of outscoring its opponents.

1 person likes this.
  3. trock

trock Member

If that's what he said, I'd agree. But what he said was Lin would RATHER have 29 pts and 9TOs. Rather than what? Apparently, winning.

4. BleedRed

BleedRed Member

Read again, his team, not just with the Rockets

5. OpportunityCost

Exactly. Lin comes off as one of the most unselfish players I've ever seen play. This is a really stupid comment by McHale. Morey you need to get rid of this simpleton.

1 person likes this.
  6. BleedRed

BleedRed Member

and if you add the Knicks games when Lin scores 20+, the win% goes up much higher. McHell needs to let numbers guide him rather than his "gut" feeling about Lin.

7. OpportunityCost

Yeah, at least Kubiak will take blame. This guy is clueless and arrogant.

8. fishguy91

fishguy91 Member

anyone has a video clip of when Mchale said it? I hope its taken out of context because it looks really bad and wrong

1 person likes this.
  9. OpportunityCost

Exactly, Bieber's taller older brother is always making some stupid turnovers.

10. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Yeah, nothing says giving someone the benefit of the doubt like a childish play on their name.

1 person likes this.
  11. daspydamayn

daspydamayn Member

12. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

The more I see these topics the more I am convinced you guys are just looking for **** to pick on to prove your own agendas.

It seems to me that both McHale and Lin are doing just fine.

Lin needs to mature as a player and make better decisions while maintaining his aggressiveness. And I think that's basically what McHale wants from him.

The players and coach seem to have a strong relationship. You guys should really stop making more of things than they actually are. This team is gonna be really good very soon. It's just gonna take a little bit more time for Lin to fully figure it out.

But I do think Lin is actually very vital to this team's success.

I know you guys like to nitpick and I'm not saying McHale is without his weaknesses, but he's actually doing a hell of a job.

So whether any of you like it, Lin and McHale are both here for at least the near future (probably longer) and they are both (along with the team) improving steadily.

13. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

He's not calling Lin selfish. He's allying him stupid. Turnovers are stupid mistakes. Jumping in the air with nowhere to go and giving the other team points is a stupid mistake. Lin either learns or getting traded

14. hltiki

hltiki Member

Well, this tells me 3 things.

1. Mchale does believe that Lin can score 29 points afterall.
    2. Mchale does not believe that scoring 29 points with an exaggerated 9 t/o's will lead a a Rockets W.
    3. Lin is believed to hold the record of most t.o's among the Rockets.

I am really hoping that this is just taken WAY out of context. Another poster said something about this quote coming after the Nets game and how the Rockets won without Lin scoring 29 as he did against OKC. That is what I am hoping....

1 person likes this.
  15. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

Um, the source for the is the NY Daily News. Just sayin.

1 person likes this.
  16. rocketsfeeva

rocketsfeeva Member

I always thought he played too passive lol.

1 person likes this.
  17. YoungGods

YoungGods Member

Then don't complain about him not shooting and only passing to his teammates.

18. BleedRed

BleedRed Member

And THIS is where you draw the line? That someone on a msg board called him McFail?? Okkkkkk While the coach calling out Lin in the media for just looking for his points over TOs and team win?

19. gate470

gate470 Rookie

20. BleedRed

BleedRed Member

WTF? Then why bring up the 29 points? What did that bring to the table? And then say after that, Jeremy, we are trying to win here? Dude go read again and then read some more.