1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Wizards 2/23/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 23, 2013.

1. kozmo

kozmo Member

Lin has a bad night shooting and hes awful and toney douglas would be better....saying this kind stuff....youre idiots....seriously...

i really like reading posts from a few of you who know something about bball....but these guys who flip flop from Lin is great to terrible. youre morons.

2. kianainhi

kianainhi Member

Whew...I was worried there for awhile at your inital post. :)

3. ERC

ERC Member

I agreed his play have been passive and pedestrian, but I think his progress looks promising. If you look at his month-over-month stats, Lin is showing signs of improvement. His 3p% went from a paltry 26.3% in Nov to 29.1% in Dec to 32.7% in Jan & 46.4% in Feb. Not bad for a "spot up shooter" who, early in the season, made fans cringe every time he attempted a trey, no?

Still a long way to go before Lin becomes a complete player like Tony Parker, but I think he's becoming more familiarized with both his NEW role and the new system, and will put up better #s as the season progresses.

4. kozmo

kozmo Member

Lin is the only thing you talk about ...Asik scored 5 points....7 rebounds....and at the end of the game couldnt box out and get a critical board....

5. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

Request:

Anyone have a gif or video of delfino's reaction?

I don't want to make a pointless thread, so I'm just asking here

6. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

In his defense, no one expects Asik to score points. Coming into this season he was known as a person that was pretty bad offensively but good defensively

7. TriumVirate

TriumVirate Member

Need to vent. This team is so infuriating to watch sometimes. I wish our team is somewhat consistent. With teams like the Kings and Wizards, their fans at least expect them to suck. I don't get why we lose to these crappy teams, it is like they are trying to outdo last year's squad. Squander any chance of going to the playoffs.

8. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

I am a sucker for Delfino's three pointers, but I've always felt he is lackadaisical and I kinda don't like his animated faces. Just don't screw up and then don't make a face about it. He does stuff to save face, I think. Like that "errant pass" tonight when he drove under the basket, chased by Nene I think, and just threw the ball away. I almost don't think he was passing it to anyone. He just bailed. And that defensive assignment at the end. . . . I think he was overmatched at the four tonight. And will be many nights. He was perfect in his sixth-man role. Needs to get back to that, with DMo, Robinson and Smith rotating at the 4 for a while, until DMo or Robinson fills the spot.

9. Krizzle

Krizzle Member

didnt see the game

but we probably lost cause of

1.back to back Harden and Lin could not get going.
    2.The Thin bench sorta hit us this game it seems.
    3.refs/stern in the 4th.

10. cyclorider

cyclorider Member

Trevor Ariza was clearly pumped for this game. After winning a championship with the Lakers, he thought he found a home in Houston. He didn't.

Haven't seen Trevor Ariza this pumped since that New Orleans playoff series against the Lakers a couple of years ago when he averaged 16 and guarded Kobe Bryant like a man possessed.

11. Lucky Charm

Lucky Charm Member

OT- Anyone know where this gif is from?
    [​IMG]

12. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Should of win tonight with the jazz playing clippers too I'm tired of losing games we should/need to be winning I don't like having the lakers and yes the mavs who play lakers coming up which that is a big game we need to be winning down the stretch I won't be able to take another losing streak down the stretch just like I won't be able to take missing the playoffs again I just want to be in the playoffs is that too much to ask

13. Krizzle

Krizzle Member

also these game threads if we are losing 90% of the game thread is people hating and complaining like its easy to win an NBA game with a thin bench and a b2b.

the other 10% is usually the real Rocket fans just cheering for the players and hoping they perform.

14. jocar

jocar Member

Rodman where you at?
    gif of Delfino blowing his brains out on the floor plz!

15. Benchwarmer

Benchwarmer Member

Call it was it is, another loss off a back-to-back road game. The Rockets have a losing road record, and have only won 2 games on the tail end of back-2-backs. Those are not good odds, no matter how optimistic you are.

Not to mention the Wizards destroyed the Nuggets last night at home, slept in their own beds, then woke up feeling confident they could destroy another opponent. Wiz won the game ... but didn't exactly OWN.

The Rockets are the youngest team in the league. Don't have enough veteran leadership to close out close games. Whenever the team struggles, and the other team goes on the run, the coach just shrugs, he has no answers.

Rockets: Youngest team in the league, 1st year playing as a cohesive unit, NO starting PF, coming off of a back-2-back against a tough opponent. Don't let the wins fool you, the Rox are not a contender this year.

1 person likes this.
  16. cw3k

cw3k Member

Everyone was shooting bad beside Parson, yet McHale took out Lin only.

Actually, Lin was not doing all that bad in 1st half. 6 assits, 1 steal. But bench most of 2nd half.

Worst, he was taken out for the last shoot. WTF is that? ALL starters were there, EXCEPT Lin. Replaced with Beveley.

If I am Lin, I would just play sloppy for the rest of McHale's tenure. No point playing for a coach that does not believe in my ability and wanted me failed.

17. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

I just want to make the playoffs

18. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

By the way, my membership to DMO enterprise is growing stronger. :grin:

19. jocar

jocar Member

Coach knew he was sick. He also wasn't playing well at all, why would you keep him in?

20. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Frustrating loss after two great wins. Just one of those games where it sucks to be a young team with no experienced power forwards. Washington is big and tough inside with Okafor and Nene. They did a good job protecting the rim. Donuts 'n' Delfino battled hard in there, but the post was a no-go.

Jeremy was really not into it tonight. Pretty confident he'll bounce back quickly. Hope Greg Smith does too-- we need him.