1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Wizards 2/23/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 23, 2013.

1. JustaFan

JustaFan Member

We had 24 assist on 38 made baskets, it's really not that bad.

2. oelman44

oelman44 Member

I hope they both don't have mono... :eek::eek::eek:

3. scaramanga

scaramanga Member

It seems like a lot of people here have forgotten how it was like playing high intensity game while having a cold, or probably had never played...
    it is not just your energy, everything - the focus, timing, balance and coordination will be off... in a competitive game like NBA, it makes a lot of difference to your play..

4. yakitori

yakitori Contributing Member

Good on ya. I don't think anyone should mind if a Lin-only fan becomes a fan of the Rockets. Who cares how they became a Rox fan? I was a Tmac fan that came and followed him here and became a fan of the Rox. Stayed with the Rox after he left and stayed with them after the last few tough seasons.

And I agree. The Rox have a very bright future. Delfino is the only player over 26 years old and we have tons of cap space to use this offseason. Great time to be a Rox fan.

5. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

I had tickets right next to the rockets bench/tunnel. When Jeremy left the game he looked like he was about to toss his cookies. Not feeling well at all. Riding home now so no sure this had been posted.

Edit:also got a video of Smith walking slowly to the locker room I may post when I get home.

6. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

This thread rapidly came to be about the amount of snot in Lin's nose. Exceedingly lame.

7. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

Lin not feeling it, limited minutes, put him in during a crucial stretch in the 4th.

oh McHale. >:

8. Arthurprescott2

Lin was going around giving other players dap before tip-off. Deliberate contamination???

9. nappdog

nappdog Contributing Member

I'm rooting for Lin, I really am but I seriously think if we had Toney Douglas as a starter we would have been better this season. Lin has a brighter future than both both Douglas and Black Midget combined but Lin has been average at best. I blame it partly on the system that relegates him to a spot up shooter but there's no excuse for his passive play throughout the season.

10. rocketfaithful

Why is everyone wanting Mchale to bench lin because of a cold. if lin would have not played we would only have one point guard. and that is beverly. who was a third stringer just a few short weeks ago

11. ERC

ERC Member

Basketball is a team sport and every player who played has SOMETHING to do with winning and losing.

Huge fan of Lin myself but there's no denying that his performance was well below his usual standard, flu or not. Anyone could have a bad game (Chris Paul had a 4pt/5foul/3TO game just the other day), but to blame the loss on Harden & Delfino, while saying it had nothing to do with Lin, is just blantantly wrong.

12. oelman44

oelman44 Member

I can attest to this, playing while being sick is no fun at all. However, oddly enough two of my highest scoring high school games came when playing once with bad allergies and the other time with a pretty bad flu. That was offensively tho, I'm sure my defense and rebounding sucked due to having no energy and feeling like I was going to die out there :)

13. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

My LOF card is very very very secured.....good game or not. :p

14. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Quit riding Lin's sack. Holy %**%%^. Talk about some other guys on the team. Just so you know, I don't hate Lin or love him. There are lots of other guys on the team! Damn. And I lived in China for 9 years OK, so I have my Chinese cred. But it's damn boring hearing Lin's p!ss urinalysis results.

15. neoxyphus

neoxyphus Member

Uh Lin subbed out at the 6min mark in 1Q, how is he gassed at the end of 1Q when he didn't play? He returned 2nd quarter.

Guys/gals Lin was sick, he performed bad. It happens. When Harden had the flu he was just as bad. When Parsons injured his shoulder he was bad for quite a few games.

They're human, they get sick, it happens. Hopefully everyone will be healthy and TRob is in the mix and we deliver a righteous whoopin' to Bucks on Wednesday.

16. lin7rox

lin7rox Member

I do c a win streak beyond 7 in our schedule maybe up to 10 depending on the Mavs play
    I have lost confidence since the trade seemed like we could skate thru march

17. VanityHalfBlack

At least we didn't get beat by 45, am I right #rednation

1 person likes this.
  18. TriumVirate

TriumVirate Member

Glad I wasn't able to watch this game. Losing to such a bad team is so infuriating to watch. Whew ... dodged a bullet.

19. Wizardsonlyfan

so... mchale either gets blamed for not giving lin 4th quarter experience or leaving him in when he's not performing. this is nice.

20. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Lemmee see that card. *Checks card* *made in Taiwan*

FAKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!