1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Wizards 2/23/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 23, 2013.

1. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

It's justified to take a game-by-game stance with Jeremy Lin until he actually decides to not have a game-by-game season.

Dude is worthless one game and brilliant the next. Consistency is completely necessary when you're one of the faces of the franchise.

2. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Lin himself said he could still play

3. AlbanyFan

AlbanyFan Member

I don't understand why Lin didn't want to shoot tonight. His confidence needs to improve. This inconsistency shouldn't still be around this many games in the season. Credit to Bev for stepping up, which made up for Lin's ineffectiveness. Overall, the PG position did fine this game, and didn't lose it. It was that bs whistle on Asik to end the fourth.

4. VerbalXpression

agree

5. lin7rox

lin7rox Member

THE WIN VS OKC WAS UCH MORE IMPORTANT THAN A LOSS TO WAS

6. Albinoswordfish

As bad as Lin and Delfino played offensively the Rockets should've easily won this game. The Wizards were packing the the paint the entire second half daring the Rockets to launch threes and they started missing. This is how I would defend this team every game. Pack the paint forcing Harden and Lin into jump shooters when they have the ball. What happened was Harden and especially Lin couldn't get anything going from the outside. This will be the achilles heel for the Rockets since they don't have a reliable lost post scorer (D-MO is still TBD)

7. YoungGods

YoungGods Member

Give him a break, he has a flu which can be very nasty this season.:rolleyes:

8. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Beverly was having a decent game and the Rockets were up. +9 with 15 points while Lin -11 2-9 shooting. No idea why McHale would leave him in after seeing how bad he looked the entire game.

@Jonathan_Feigen

As we thought, Lin played with a cold. Parsons has a bit of a cold, too.

9. parksn306

parksn306 Contributing Member

this! basketball is a team game...even mj couldnt do it all on his own

10. janpwnz

janpwnz Member

Honestly, some of you guys should just stop arguing and just let it go. Tonight's game was definitely winnable. I totally agree that Lin didn't play good, but so did James harden and ASIK. CP & Dmo tried to carry them but the combined weight was just too heavy for these two who are getting paid maybe 1/20 of the trio's salary. When none of the big 3 shows up in a game, we most likely going to lose. It's simple as that. You can name million excuses for each of them whether it was flu, fatigue or JENNA SHEA. Why you guys bring in so many excuses for these pros who makes millions of dollars to play basket. As a Rockets fan, W/L is the only thing matters to me at the end of the day. The big 3's scrubbed through the game and we lost. Get over it. If you watched the game, You can tell our starters (Especially Asik, Lin & Delfino) were all showing signs of fatigue. It is what it is. **** happens in everyday's life. Some of you guys just have learn to move on from it instead of bickering at each other like it's the end of the world.

11. Grigori

Grigori Member

You and your strawman arguments are not going to fly. I have never used any of those arguments except the "wasn't allowed to be PG" in the following context:

I have consistently blamed losses on McHale's r****ded iso-initiated no-screen-for-ball-carrier offense, because we have consistently sucked ass running it, yet he keeps going back to it inexplicably. It has consistently failed. Every stretch of games we run it, we look mediocre; every game we run it, we look mediocre; every half we run it, we look mediocre; every quarter we run it, we look mediocre.

There's your consistency.

12. King1

King1 Contributing Member

I rarely post in the game threads because of the overwhelming stupidity. Enjoy

13. Arthurprescott2

He played like a shiiiit tonight. McHale couldn't recognize that and sit him? That's his call to make as the coach.

14. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

That's why he was taken out the game late when John Wall was on the attack. Lin can only stop himself he couldn't even stop Deron Williams with bad ankle gtfo

15. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

Exactly. I'm just counting down the days until he's gone.

16. LoLin

LoLin Member

You misunderstood me. I meant that since Lin was already sick since Monday, I didn't expect too much from him yesterday and tonight.

17. yakitori

yakitori Contributing Member

Here are Lin's stats for the 2nd game of a back to back for 2013.

02/23 vs Wash : 2/9, 5 points, 6 assists, 3 stl, 2 TO
    02/13 vs LA : 4/12, 14 points, 7 assists, 2 stl, 4 TO
    02/06 vs Miamii : 3/10, 13 points, 3 assists, 1 stl, 2 TO
    01/26 vs Brooklyn : 5/14, 14 points, 9 assists, 1 stl, 6 TO
    01/19 vs Minnesota : 3/12, 12 points, 2 assists, 2 stl, 3 TO
    01/16 vs Dallas : 6/13, 19 points, 4 assists, 1 stl, 4 TO
    01/12 vs Philadelphia : 2/13, 7 points, 5 assists, 3 stl, 1 TO
    01/09 vs NO : 4/12, 9 points, 5 assists, 5 stl, 5 TO

That's 33% shooting compared to his season average of 43.7%. I don't even blame Lin...the coaching staff really need to pace him for b2b's.

1 person likes this.
  18. lin7rox

lin7rox Member

HEY I AM A SUPER LIN FAN BUT POSTED IN THE 2ND Q BENCH LIN HE IS SICK LOOKED SLUGGISH YESTERDAY AND TODAY PLAY BEV..I SHOULD B COACHING

19. yunac010

yunac010 Member

I disagree. Beverley needed a rest and we were already shorthanded. Lin should have been subbed in earlier to give Beverley a breather so he could play the last few minutes.

Once again, tough loss. Moving on.

20. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

I'm glad our guys will have enough rest before the next game.

Get well Jlin.