1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Robinson expected to play?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bmd, Feb 22, 2013.

1. bmd

bmd Member

What's the deal? Is he going to play in the next game or two or is he going to be a drifter between the last man on the bench and the d-league?

What is his role expected to be at this point?

2. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Not tonight... "probably" won't play tomorrow. Morey said he expects after that. We'll see.

3. cml750

cml750 Member

With coach Mac? What do you think.

4. rocketsmetalspd

IF PPat, Cole, and Douglas get their Physicals done before the game. McHale should just let them go out and play it is not like they need set plays since according to some they are a read and react offense.

5. bmd

bmd Member

So he is supposed to be the guy to replace Patterson at this point? Or is he just in the mix with the other guys like Motiejunas, T. Jones, etc?

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Member

I wonder if Patterson's ankle injury (which Feigen reported earlier may require surgery in the offseason) could pose problem with passing a physical. But then Morey just sent out some goodbye and welcome tweets to the players so I am guessing everyone passed physical.

It's not inconceivable that a trade could boomerang back. Just ask Horry.

7. DieHard Rocket

I don't think we'll see much of him until after this heavy part of the road schedule when he can get some real practice time in. By mid March hopefully he'll be in the rotation, unless D-Mo and Greg Smith both play very well and take all the 4 minutes.

8. HOU_ROCKETS1

HOU_ROCKETS1 Member

boooooooooooooooo

9. rocketblood713

I think hes gonna play just not anytime soon I give it 1 week or at least till he gets some practice time

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

JAG at this point. Bench warmer/D-Leaguer

#10 J.R., Feb 22, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2013
  11. tallanvor

tallanvor Member

When we are up 30 at the beginning of the fourth he will see some garbage minutes.

12. rocketblood713

I tihnk its depends on match ups but there gonna let D-Mo and Terrance Jones and Robinson fight for the spot

13. tdogg310

tdogg310 Member

right now until he gets some practice time in, i dont c him getting any minutes except in a blowout. but i expect him to be on the same level as DMo to see who will spearhead the starting PF job for the future.

14. alverwi

alverwi Member

Most outside, neutral sources are predicting Robinson to start, but most posters here are predicting him to get far less playing time. I personally hope he starts. Mainly because I'm not as in love with D-Mo as most of us here.

15. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Member

Kevin McHale is predicting that Robinson gets few minutes for a while. And Kevin McHale is the one source who matters.

16. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

Mcfuc%boy isnt starting a rookie.

1 person likes this.
  17. coolweather

coolweather Contributing Member

that's the reason why we shipped Morris out so there's no reason not to play him.

18. lostfan815

lostfan815 Member

Whats the Point of trading your two Guys for a Top 5 pick in the Draft and don't play him. If you're drafted in the top 5 and they ranked you highly from the team and also played minutes on his former team. Its not reason for him not to get playing time. The coach better give him some playing time sometime next week with the lineup. If i had to bet he's gonna be switching to the Dleague a lot and if he's on the team he wont play unless its a blowout.

Hope I'm wrong but with the coach who knows lol. I really think he could help the team with Rebounds and running transition down the court.

19. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

He'll probably play as a point forward and we'll run the offence through him. Franchise player touches and shot attempts.

If he fails, then so do we.

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Come on folks he is a raw rookie - more than likely he goes to the Vipers first...

DD