1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets acquire Thomas Robinson; Morris traded to Phoenix; Patterson, Douglas, Aldrich to Kings

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Feb 20, 2013.

?

Do you like the Thomas Robinson-Patrick Patterson trade?

1. Yes

91.5%
  2. No

8.5%
  1. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

I suspect that Morey has 1 more trade with the Bulls and needed the space since the TRob trade took on too much salary. So then it would be something like Morris for Rip + a pick (1st or 2nd?) + a 2nd rounder. Good assests for a future move. Now if that that trade doesn't go through today...smh...agree...

2. Sanity2disChaos

Understood, but consider the likelyhood of both players signing with the teams traded to are probably slim to none anyways......shot in the dark for Bucks ,although they can pay Smith.The Hawks also ,although I think Ellis would LOOOVE ATL but could they pay him what he wants(he is a Joe Johnson type of player) ???

I think Parsons forces your hand to do this deal if you are the Hawks..You sell high on a guy (Parsons) and really he is all you are giving up.Due to T.Jones not really getting any NBA time ,he is still unproven but a talented prospect.

3. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

i think they are very valuable... but young all stars generally aren't available for lesser players. you have to offer other stars. or wait till that player asks for a trade, or considers leaving, or gets old.

you can't just go to a team and say "hey, Parsons, Robinson and 10 picks is more than fair for Paul George or Kyrie or Aldridge, give him to us." well you can, but teams will hardly ever trade their young stars for anything but other stars.

4. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Horford is better than any free agents except a healthy Howard. I don't think Morey is that much of a pipe dreamer to pass on that just for a chance at Howard.

anyway, it's pointless to speculate since it's not happening.

5. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

I think Houston fans just underrate him a bit because it's Eastern conference. The same way fans on the Pacers forum keep telling me that Marc Gasol isn't very good.

6. Juxtaposed Jolt

It's the 5th pick vs. the 14th pick, though. Granted, they're both lotto picks, but there shouldn't really be a comparison.

We already have people that can do what Mook did, in Delfino and Parsons. Aside from a jumper, Mook is outclassed by other members of the team.

I honestly think Robinson has more to his game than Mook. Morris might flourish in the Suns' system, but even though we have a stable of PFs, I'd rather have Robinson over Morris.

7. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

actually i immediately thought of that when i heard of the Throb deal. I kept seeing these Patterson or such for Granger ideas and it didn't make much sense. But T-Rob for Granger... i think that'd be hard for the pacers to refuse. He's exactly the type of tough high effort player the Pacers are trying to have at their forward spots, he has upside, and he can already play, so it wouldn't just be a project (which is important for a win-now team).

8. loveofthegame44

Haven't gone through the thread but why did we deal morris? was it because we got money in exchange and passed it to Sac, or was it to make sure Mchale plays T Rob?

9. Jmcballer88

Jmcballer88 Contributing Member

We only got a second pick for Morris wtf

10. Lakersuk

Lakersuk Member

Quick question - there are conflicting reports - Did we get 1 2nd round pick (Phx) only? Or 2? Im sure its been covered but i cant find a solid answer

11. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

probably to clear some cap space next year and clear some minutes for other youngsters including TRob.

also, that 2nd rounder (assuming it's the Suns' own 2nd rounder) is decent value, it's going to be one of the first in the 2nd round.

12. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

one pick, not two

13. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I'm just happy someone wanted him.

14. OremLK

OremLK Member

You've always been on my ignore list, I just decided to see what you had to say in this thread for a laugh. Since you want to trade all of our power forwards and make us get the 14th pick again, it was indeed pretty funny :grin:

15. Lakersuk

Lakersuk Member

thats wat i thought but those idiots at espn were saying we got both sacs and phxs 2nd rnders

16. crimmy88

crimmy88 Member

Regarding this trade, do the Rockets get two 2nd rounders (from PHO ans SAC each) or just one (from PHO) ?

17. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

we get two

18. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Makes sense. Gasol is still way underappreciated

19. Lakersuk

Lakersuk Member

And.... conflicting reports....

20. Grigori

Grigori Member

Found these: