1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Rockets acquire Thomas Robinson; Morris traded to Phoenix; Patterson, Douglas, Aldrich to Kings

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Feb 20, 2013.

?

Do you like the Thomas Robinson-Patrick Patterson trade?

1. Yes

91.5%
  2. No

8.5%
  1. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

Good move, but what would you say if we then traded TRob for star Josh Smith?

2. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

Saw it on ESPN as well.

3. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

4. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I don't think you trade the #5 pick for a non-allstar on an expiring deal...but in Morey we trust. All depends on if smith resigns and for how much.

5. daspydamayn

daspydamayn Member

Morey meme:

Oh we're probably not going to make moves at the deadline.

Trades entire pf rotation.

1 person likes this.
  6. what

what Member

OMG I LOVE THIS DEAL FOR THE ROCKETS.

I'll have to bow down to Morey. The guy is pwn'd the league right now. Thomas Robinson IS A HUGE upgrade to what yall had and is a perfect player for a team like the rockets who have to deal with Anthony Davis, ZBO and Gasol, TD and Spliter, Dirk.

GREAT DEAL.

7. YaosDirtyStache

8. DreHNIC

DreHNIC Member

Super *****ed up on TMZ's part smh!

9. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

I agree with you Aruba, but I just can't see Morey keeping Rob (I like him a lot though). We need a new starting PF. I don't know if T-Rob is that guy just yet.

10. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

Well, if you think about it, Francisco Garcia (expiring $6.1 million) plus Terrence Jones (1.5 million) or DMo (1.4 mil) or TRob (3.4 mil) plus a pick could get you a pretty nice player... and I think we'd still have quite a bit to spend on a FA next year.

11. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

1 person likes this.
  12. Bogey

Bogey Contributing Member

I'd be a little upset he is FA at end of season anyways. Like I said no Millsap or smith. Keep what we got if we can't get LMA or Love.

13. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Like Calvin said at halftime, if we aren't making another move, this trade doesn't make sense to me and I don't like it. We don't get better, and are trading away guys who've been loyal to the team, and shown a lot of improvement.

At best it's a lateral move, and you don't trade away loyal guys for a lateral move like this. If it is the first move that will get us something else, then I'll reconsider.

14. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

tallinvor says one...:confused:

15. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

With all the missed layups and lack of above the rim players, I would say Robinson brings a great dynamic for this Rocket team.

16. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

lol hell no.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

18. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

i linked the articles. they don;t mention a 2nd rounder form sacramento. Chris Broussard does in the video but I think thats a mistake as the article underneath says nothing about it. Broussard also calls it a 3-team trade for some reason. It's 2 different 2 team trades.

19. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It seems like a lot of people are over valuing Thomas Robinson. I hope I'm wrong. While he was a high draft pick, and possibly has more upside, he really hasn't been able to put that much on the floor this season.

20. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Maybe he's being financially crafty. Where do you put your money these days? Diamonds as good as anything else:)