1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets acquire Thomas Robinson; Morris traded to Phoenix; Patterson, Douglas, Aldrich to Kings

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Feb 20, 2013.

?

Do you like the Thomas Robinson-Patrick Patterson trade?

1. Yes

91.5%
  2. No

8.5%
  1. tokenbk

tokenbk Member

What the hell happened while I was away?

2. dlite316

dlite316 Member

awesome...
    Sacramento Kings - official trading trading partner of the Houston Rockets

3. MadMax

MadMax Member

Aside from Pierre Jackson (because I'm a Baylor guy), Thomas Robinson was absolutely my favorite player in college hoops last season. Hard worker...big time hard worker. Definitely fits in with this lunch pail team.

I'm really excited about this trade. Good stuff.

4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I wonder how much of this deal is getting Robinson versus gaining cap room for this summer and going forward. Garcia, as has been pointed out, has a team option for next season, which I expect us not to exercise, for $6.4 million. Honeycutt is due to make $750,000 next season, but only $100,000 is guaranteed. Patterson and Morris, of course, have next year's salaries left on their deals.

What's funny is that I saw this scroll by on the TV early in the game, paused it, and haven't got back to the game yet. I sure hope Robinson blossoms in Houston. He hadn't shown us much so far this season with the Kings.

Glad to see your comment, Max. I don't know much about Robinson.

5. daspydamayn

daspydamayn Member

now we only have 5 power forwards! will that be enough?

6. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Not enough.

7. HOU_ROCKETS1

HOU_ROCKETS1 Member

so we get 2 round picks? wtf

8. Rockets590

Rockets590 Rookie

Wasn't there a rumor last year saying that Rockets were high on him. Morey always gets what he wants.

9. THELANDLORD

THELANDLORD Member

those of you who think this trade is good are ****ing stupid... we are now rolling with straight rookies through are lineup with no experience... the lack of experience we had is now completely gone with getting rid of mook and ppatt... say good by to the play offs... and ps why would sac give up the 5th pick by the way didnt start for the kings to us for ppatt cole and td.. clearly they know that he is A.) a cancer in the locker room or B.) he cant play...

10. hooroo

hooroo Member

Morris was traded for a second round pick.

11. Nextup

Nextup Member

I really hope Robinson can turn it around. I saw him in summer lg and he was horrible and he has not looked good this season. He was a beast at Ku but I'm not sure if his game will ever translate at the NBA level. The fact that the kings gave him up for a low ceiling guy like Patterson makes me very skeptical about his ability. BTW I still think its a great trade low risk high reward.

12. MadMax

MadMax Member

How many guys in the league average 20 or more per game?

We traded bit pieces for him...Robinson is absolutely going to be an upgrade on PPat and Morris...and he's only 21...you're just scratching the surface with him.

13. HOU_ROCKETS1

HOU_ROCKETS1 Member

i mean 2 2nd round pics

14. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Morey simply took advantage of the Maloofs situation.

15. MadMax

MadMax Member

Ha :) Yeah, Mook and Patterson were such seasoned vets!!! I can't believe we gave up allll those years of valuable NBA experience they had to offer.

I'm gonna say I trust Morey in terms of potential talent than the Sacramento Kings.

16. ballplayer

ballplayer Member

Not getting to high on T-Rob. I see him heading down to RGV to learn the system while D-Mo and T-Jones get there shot at Playing Time. Word is T-Jones could still be moved. Interesting day tomorrow will be.

17. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Lol...

18. tallanvor

tallanvor Member

about 4 million in payroll according to ESPN

19. Nachobar

Nachobar Where’s my chips?

As it stands:

Lin/Beverly
    Harden/Delfino/Anderson
    Parsons/Garcia
    Robinson/D-Mo/Jones
    Asik/Smith/D-Mo

SO...

This cannot be all that we're doing... I like this as an initial move for something greater. IMO, two moves should (but likely won't) still happen:

1) HOU sends T. Jones and Delfino to CHI for Hamilton, Korver's trade exception ($3m) and 1st round pick

2) HOU sends Garcia, Robinson, and the CHI pick to ATL for Smith

HOU line-up:

Lin/Beverly
    Harden/Hamilton
    Parson/J. Smith/Honeycutt
    J. Smith/D-Mo
    Asik/G. Smith

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=aro5z6y
    (I've included Morris to SAC so the numbers work for HOU-- makes no difference to this trade)

This is just one of many scenarios that could happen. I don't necessarily think it will, but wishful thinking, eh?

If we DO stand pat until the summer, I wouldn't be surprised to see a heavy push for D-Will, despite what everyone thinks of HOU going after Howard. If that's the (successful) case, our line-up looks like:

Williams/Lin
    Harden/Delfino/(MLE FA or pick)
    Parsons/White or MLE FA or pick
    Robinson/D-MO/T. Jones
    Asik/D-MO

20. MadMax

MadMax Member

Took advantage of a salary shed....sweet.

Love it.