1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets acquire Thomas Robinson; Morris traded to Phoenix; Patterson, Douglas, Aldrich to Kings

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Feb 20, 2013.

?

Do you like the Thomas Robinson-Patrick Patterson trade?

1. Yes

91.5%
  2. No

8.5%
  1. bongman

bongman Member

Royce White will love playing with Thomas in the D league :p

2. pollaxt

pollaxt Contributing Member

Thomas Robinson is going to join Asik as double-double MACHINES!

3. thisiscaketown

We'd have to see how much of that was Keith Smart being stupid and mismanaging his players as usual, and Morey was willing to take that gamble. This trade at worst is about equal, and at best, we get a good rebounding Power Forward that can work with McHale.

4. Rocket_Man_2.0

Thomas Robinson is a top 5 pick..what?!

5. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

CRAZY CRAZY CRAZY

6. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Thomas Robinson is very athletic... but a hot head at times. Has shown improvement in his minutes on the court in the last month or so... not much of an outside shooter from what I've seen... so I'm not sure where this is going unless Dmo has really shown something that they want him starting. :)

I no longer have a jersey of any of the current rockets... sigh. At least I don't have to pick up another team to watch Pat play.

1 person likes this.
  7. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

Because what we gave isn't enough for cousins

8. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

NBA Comparison: Derrick Williams/Patrick Patterson

EXACTLY what I was thinking.

Rockets got rid of their most played "stretch" 4's" for more "traditional" rebouding the basketball.

9. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

This guy is a bust.

And he was overrated coming out of college.

10. faraza84

faraza84 Member

Isn't garcias contract pretty hefty. 2 yrs and next yr is player option and you know he's gonna take that. Unless we are unloading delfino. The extra 6 mill next season would have been nice though

11. Pringles

Pringles Member

Thomas Robinson? He has great potential; holy ****! Hopefully he won't be like the other lottery bust players we had.... Thabeet, Squid, Flynn, Hill.

I'm not too sure why we just traded Morris for a second round pick? These were two separate trades correct? Did we need a roster space that badly to cut our losses with Morris??? I'm going to have to assume we have another trade in the making. Probably a trade that involves a draft pick and an expiring for a team that wants to avoid luxury tax.

12. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I was hopping to trade patterson morris and jones for expirings. We end up trading them, expirings...for a expiring (garcia, honeycut) and 5th pick Thomas Robinson. also, Garcia is no slouch, he's a great outside shooter and will be a sold bench player for us.

13. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

When you are gambling with Patterson, Aldrich and Douglas chips, I say it's worth the gamble. :cool:

14. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

We have more cap space this year and next.

Kind of hard to imagine that Morey is comfortable going into the playoffs with Beverly as a backup PG. I feel like a Hamilton deal will now include either Teague or Nate Robinson as part of the sweetener package.

15. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I told you they were hiding DMo! And we got another 6'9 PF back. LOL.

I feel bad for PPat being sent to a bad team. At least he is reunited with his Wildcat idol Chuck Hayes.

I still don't get the Morris to Suns part. Is Morris only worth a second rounder?

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Not really impressed with that.... see 2009 draft and Royce White being an imaginary 5th pick according to many

17. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

Its a Team option

18. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

He was projected 7th if I'm correct. It was supposed to go Davis, Beal, Gilchrist, Barnes, Drummond, Lillard, and then Robinson. But Waiters was picked early, rightfully so, and Kings really wanted Robinson. Some people had him as low as 4th and some as high as 12th.

1 person likes this.
  19. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Listening to the game; the Thunder announcers don't know about the trades, however they are commenting on the many inactives for the Rox.

20. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

Done deal? That leaves us with Beverely as our backup point??