1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Wojnarowski: McHale is someone guys like to play for

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Feb 18, 2013.

1. NotApollo33

NotApollo33 Member

And xclearscreen in 3, 2, 1

2. NotApollo33

NotApollo33 Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/W1yYEDjeWA8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

4. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

First of all, Lowry didn't hate playing for McHale until after his illness where he lost his starting job to Dragic. His only reason for not wanting to play with McHale is because he lost his starting job and couldn't get it back. Dragic never said anything about not wanting to play for Mchale. Dragic actually wanted to return to the Rockets but the Rockets just didn't give him that player option that he wanted.

With Mchale, he will play you when you're doing well and playing hard. Lin never stated that he doesn't like playing for Mchale at all. There were a few games where he sat out during key stretches because he wasn't playing well that game so Mchale just went with someone else who was playing better that game. McHale is a player's coach and many players have stated that they really enjoy playing for him. I have no idea where you came up with that about Lin doesn't want to play for McHale..

5. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

Mr straw man to the rescue!!

6. holly1985

holly1985 Member

That's it? Then I won't download that mp3 file. :eek:

7. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

Dragic hated playing for McHale? Really? Here's an interesting quote that I found:

Dragic told Sporting News that his preference is to stay in Houston, and the Rockets would like to keep him. “That is what I would want to have,” Dragic said. “I really like the Rockets, it is a great organization. I really liked playing for Kevin McHale. He’s a great coach, great guy. He was a player so he has had a lot of experience. He helped a lot with me this season, taught me how to run a team. I hope that in the future, I am still going to be with him.”

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nba/sto...ragic-steve-nash-houston-rockets-phoenix-suns

8. Akim523

Akim523 Member

But but but....he hates Lin!

9. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

McHale reportedly pulled a gun out on Lin and threatened to kill him if he ever plays well. He also told Lin he has his parents' house rigged with explosives ready to blow if Lin dares to take shots away from Harden.

1 person likes this.
  10. javajam

javajam Contributing Member

As usual, the voice of reason.

11. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

Wait , is this the thread where all the angry over sensitive 2012'er haters hide behind their keyboards, giggle, and jump out to maul anyone who disagrees and label them as a r****ded Lin only fan?? Lynch mob mentality ftw! Lol.

Loved McHale as a player. He's doing fine as a coach, but PPat, D-Mo, TJones may disagree. Anyone not getting minutes they think they deserve when their gut tells them that it's the wrong move to sit them may have the right to be upset, right or wrong. Human nature.
    Here's to a D-Mo filled second half of the season! Go Rockets!

12. TriCkz

TriCkz Member

13. Know Your Role

With all he's been through this year, I'd say coach is doing a good job. Now the real season begins and the Rockets are in 8th place. We need to gain ground and not settle for 8th place. There are no guarantees at the 8 spot.

14. CertifiedTroll

Carl, why did you make this thread?

15. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

NO REASON on Clutchfans. Must have violent hate filled lies during thermonuclear emotional breakdown! I read it somewhere within the EULA agreement.

16. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Look at the join date (July 2012). Definitely serious.

17. javajam

javajam Contributing Member

Come to think of it...

18. Good Times

Good Times Member

Thanks, no wonder I keep missing it being just 3 seconds in this ten minute long interview.

For me this doesn't mean anything. I was hoping to hear how it might interest other players to come to Houston but sounds like a general statement no different than how any coach would have their players say they like playing for them. I can't see how any of our players would actually say anything different or come out and say it. Even Melo said he supported D'toni last year even though we know that's not really the case.

Is there any references out there where any player not on our team has commented about wanting to come to Houston to play for Mchale? I wonder how an all-star might feel about him as a coach.

19. CCM721

CCM721 Member

July 2012 yet a Houston resident my entire life. You guys inability to detect sarcasm is baffling.

20. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

If Morey builds it they will come. I believe that most players would look forward to playing for McHale. He is a revered NBA player known to be a player's coach. And he understands very well both sides of coaching. And McHale probably understands just about everything anyone could know about NBA basketball as well.