1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Celebrity] Mindy McCready Found Dead of Apparent Suicide

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by percicles, Feb 17, 2013.

1. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Member

Everyone will have that same excuse, PinkTacos... but... how do "we" fix that? If you expect it to be difficult to treat someone 'with an illness', I mean?
    Exactly. :eek:

2. Granville

Granville Member

Roger Clemens is one of the biggest douche bags on this planet.

3. PinkTacos

PinkTacos Member

That question is for people much smarter then me :D
    I actually was just responding to the idea that somehow she choose to not take her proper treatment. I'm just trying to show that mental illness is not a choice. Of course I don't know her case or anything but generally many mental ill patients have a tough time actually sticking with their prescribed regimen for a variety of valid reasons.

You are making it seem like "oh she didn't take her medication so its her fault"; which isn't valid if she didn't take her medication because of the illness.

4. percicles

percicles Member

Not the dog!

5. Nook

Nook Member

Does anyone else think McCready protected Roger Clemens? She conveniently pushed the age to 18.... way beyond that, even if she was 18, are you seriously going to infer she deserved her outcome based on the fact that she had an affair with a married man when she was a teenager?

As for the dog, it isnt that uncommon for people to kill their pets when they commit suicide.

6. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

Everyone keeps saying she was molested at 14, but all I can find is that both she and Roger admitted to having a relationship but didn't have sex till she was of age. Where is everyone getting 14 from?

7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I'm going to go with . . . no one believes that story

Roger is like 50 . . so it is a 13 yr difference
    18 and 31?
    Roger is looking kind of dastardly

Rocket River

8. cardpire

cardpire Member

Dog murder/suicide?

That's a new one.

9. Granville

Granville Member

I guess you don't read much. Clemens is not admitting to a relationship with her.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/18/roger-clemens-mindy-mccready-death_n_2712254.html

KISSIMMEE, Fla. — Former baseball great Roger Clemens is calling the death of country star Mindy McCready "sad news."

Clemens, now a special instructor with the Houston Astros, handed reporters a written statement Monday at the team's spring training camp in Kissimmee, Fla. It says he'd heard "she was trying to get peace and direction in her life." He said McCready and her manager/agent were "extremely nice" the "few times" he saw her.

McCready made headlines in April 2008 when she claimed a longtime relationship with Clemens. Published reports at the time said she met the pitcher at a Florida karaoke bar when she was 15 and he was 28 and married. Clemens has denied the relationship.

Authorities say McCready died Sunday at her home in Heber Springs, Ark., of an apparent suicide.

10. Nook

Nook Member

Not really, it is fairly common for people to kill their pets when they commit suicide.

11. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

For the love of God dude, get a life.

12. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

Yup, Hitler did the same thing

13. cardpire

cardpire Member

learn something new everyday i guess

14. rocketman1979

rocketman1979 Contributing Member

anyone see her sex tape? Damm she's hot, would hit every day of the week. Too bad she's gone. :(