1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

All-Star Weekend Experience (Photos and/or Comments) -- (Thurs) 2/14 -- (Sun) 2/17

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketFan, Feb 15, 2013.

1. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

What was the celebrity game like, did Mutombo do anything funny or significant?

2. Code Red

Code Red Member

Just called METRO and they said their buses don't go downtown during the weekend. I heard parking was like $50 dollars and spaces were hard to find. I hope I'll be able to find a good spot.

3. kakaman

kakaman Member

[​IMG]

Game recognize game

4. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

Celebrated my birthday with my darlin at the Jam Fest. Had Gary "The Glove" Payton sign my sneaker! Pretty cool event. Repped in my gear of course.

I can't figure out how to upload pixs into the post so my bad.

5. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

anybody have the Chris Paul, Lebron and James Harden photo?

6. sinobball

sinobball Member

I think he blocked Tamika Catchings or whoever and then wagged his finger.

7. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

More like lil Russy recognizes his boss. He's under the Jordan Brand.

8. thaidizzle

thaidizzle Member

[​IMG]
    Carmelo Anthony & Steve Novak

[​IMG]
    Damian Lillard

[​IMG]
    JJ WATT

Some of my shares. Also so Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, OKC Girls, and more.

9. thaidizzle

thaidizzle Member

[​IMG]
    Michael Kidd-Gilchris

[​IMG]
    OKC Girls

10. Bublanski

Bublanski Member

im sorry but that was an embarrassing showing by the fans last night in houston during the rising all star game.

How can america's 4th largest city not show up for all star weekend?

SO MANY EMPTY SEATS.

YOU SHOULD BE EMBARRASSED HOUSTON.

11. ShutURBiG!

ShutURBiG! Contributing Member

Blame it on the expensive tickets. Otherwise, everybody would be there.

12. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

No different than any other year.

13. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

We should be embarassed that players' families, fans, and stars don't want to fly in? That's really the issue. They dont care to come to Houston.

Maybe we should be embarassed anyway :eek:

14. sergio

sergio Member

Umm, let's see. Tickets for me and wife or new tires for my car that I need? I'll go with the tires. It's just to expensive for the average Joe. Most would love to go but these things are priced for the upper middle class people only. They don't want are type at these events. It is what it is..

15. LSSLAMBAM

LSSLAMBAM Member

Months in advance it was advertised that upper level for this game would be $35, lower $50. tickets go on sale - lower level starts at $90! apparently the nba decided that b/c of demand from a ticket promotion the rockets did in december (buy a package of games and get rising star game included) they jacked up the prices. the nba actually had to lower prices b/c no one was buying at that price. by that time it was too late. very very very poor handling of the event.

In previous years that i've been, tickets were very reasonably priced and they brought a ton of kids in to fill the best seats. So, very different this year here.

16. JD88

JD88 Member

Im not upper middle class and I snagged tickets 4 rows up.

I would guess 80% attendance or higher, there was a lot more then I thought would show up. The upper deck was packed.

17. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

Got a picture with wolf Blitzer

18. VanityHalfBlack

Always blaming it on the ticket prices, pathetic... It's not the ticket prices you ding dong it's you!!! How many times do you buy air jordan's every year?? How many times do you buy a brand new iphone every year??? How many times do you take your girl out to eat every day??? How many times does the all star game come to Houston??? Yeah I though so...

19. Code Red

Code Red Member

I bought jam session tickets for me and a friend, but my friend will be there much later than the time he's suppose to be in for tomorrow. I paid for them with my card, will he still be able to go in if I tell them that someone is coming late? I'll be going there first.

20. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>At least lil @<a href="https://twitter.com/cp3">cp3</a> and baby Mamba can play together NBA can't veto this one Ha! <a href="http://t.co/pJAjr2wJ" title="http://twitter.com/kobebryant/status/302969480521326592/photo/1">twitter.com/kobebryant/sta…</a></p>&mdash; Kobe Bryant (@kobebryant) <a href="https://twitter.com/kobebryant/status/302969480521326592">February 17, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>