1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Clippers 2/13/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

Even after 55 games.

2. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

Yeah. When there were still no nice words from McHale even after a blowout win.

3. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

The announcers were sitting closer to McHale than all of us.

Also I believe they would not have used those words if it was normal talk to Lin at normal volume.

4. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

Harden fell and we were all alarmed. Lin fell more and it was nothing.

Can we have a little more love for this poor guy?

5. Outlier

Outlier Member

All of these Lin lovers are making me sick trying to make drama out of nothing. So damn stupid.

6. conquistador#11

it just hit me, there won't be any basketball worth watching until seven days! =(
    i guess i can catchup on my movies.

7. cyclorider

cyclorider Member

Beverley sucks.

Harden out.

Beverley plays 25 minutes.

5 points (2-6 shooting) 2 assists 3 turnovers

Clippers play a tight playoff-style defense and Beverley couldn't do anything. He wilted like a dried up weed. Last night showed why Beverley must never see the court in the playoffs. Also, he is one position player. You can't play Beverley alongside Lin. Unlike Douglas who can play alongside Lin or Harden.

8. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

yes, Beverly had a bad game against the best point guard in the league. I'll give him a pass.

9. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

This.

Lin had the freedom to do whatever he wanted last night and was his usual below average self.

It wasn't Harden making him into a shooting guard, it wasn't McHale using him wrong. He just wasn't good.

10. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

Actually the announcers of Clippers said the 10-point win was a disgrace for the Clippers.

11. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

Totally agreed.

12. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

To be honest, yes. I do concede that body language is subjective, but I don't buy what people say in the microphone most of the time. I mean seriously, you really believe what Obama is saying when he talks on the microphone? If someone gets along and says it in the microphone, it's usually because their body language that confirms it. I think Parker, Duncan and Ginobli and Pop get along really well. JR smith and Woodson get along really well. I think the whole Denver Nuggets team gets along really well. Mark Jackson seems to really like Stephen Curry. Mchale and Lin....mmmm, not so much.

13. Samo

Samo Member

Don't love then don't care. You feel there is nothing because you don't love Lin. I don't think McHale has agenda against any player, but his coaching style is questionable. He needs to hold every player accountable.

14. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

Agreed.

15. Samo

Samo Member

Right. I bet that's the reason why he was not drafted and was cut twice and almost for the third time. And he shouldn't be in NBA, blah, blah blah.

16. roxxy

roxxy Member

Lin & Parsons were the only two guys out there that were consistently competing. Credit to them.

17. CCM721

CCM721 Member

You think Lin is the only player McHale has yelled at this year? Just because you don't see something doesn't mean it didn't happen.

18. pnr

pnr Member

Hey, you're that guy that never credits Lin for anything and only shows up when he has a bad game! Nice to see ya.

19. mil

mil Member

I fully agree that all players should be held accountables.The key word is EVERYONE . But unfortunately,McHale is not .When is the last time Harden being held accountable for his turn overs and lazy defense by Mc Hale and Sampson? Instead, they just look the otherway.

20. pnr

pnr Member

Well to be fair, Harden has all the power to get them fired at any second. Plus, Harden does so much for the team offensively that you can live with a few TOs