1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Clippers 2/13/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 13, 2013.

1. ERC

ERC Member

Well, you said it's "telling". So, enlighten us. What does it tell you?

2. YoungGods

YoungGods Member

A good game by Lin.

3. parksn306

parksn306 Contributing Member

This one is to the Lin fans.

I understand you guys are trying to support Lin with all this "coach is killing his confidence" or "coach hates lin" talk but do you remember who you are talking about?

Jeremy Lin is as tough as nails and will never stop believing in himself. This is a guy who has been slept on and dismissed at EVERY level and has ALWAYS proven his doubters wrong. This guy was sleeping on teammate's couches before making it and was cut by half the league. Even IF McHale and Co. hate him, I think he is too strong to let it affect him.

I am also confused by McHale's PG rotation, but I'm gonna give him the benefit of the doubt and say he is protecting him from injury. All things being even, Lin is a key player on a playoff team and has steadily improved all season.

He will be fine.

4. pcheung08

pcheung08 Member

talking about tough love:

Larry Brown vs AI
    Pop vs Parker

After the coaches chewing out their mistakes, did they sitting their loved starting pg a long period of time, or at times the whole 4th Q when the game is still on the line? Or they continue to play them in order for them to play through mistakes which ultimately developing them to a better player?

Appreciate if any one have better basketball knowledge can clarify.

5. ERC

ERC Member

+1. Would rep if I could. Huge fan of Lin myself but all these "coaches want Lin to fail" conspiracy theory is seriously getting old.

6. Arthurprescott2

Grew up an AI fan. HATED Larry Brown. I swear there were better ways to manage AI. I do not think Larry Brown deserves all the accolades - can't believe he's called one of the greatest basketball minds.

7. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Missed this game... can someone please give me the Cliffs version of why this thread is 100+ pages? Judging by the box score, doesn't look like anything we didn't all see coming... usually these big game threads are reserved for something crazy good/bad happening. Was this game not what we thought it would be?

8. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

Jeremy Lin probably takes well to being yelled at..

he's Asian. he's made for it.

9. kianainhi

kianainhi Member

10. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

not made for it but i guess what i mean is that its the culture hes used to

11. GoRockets!

GoRockets! Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>X-rays on Jeremy Lin's sore right hand were negative. Not unexpected but good to know before long flight.</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/301954429224116224">February 14, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I guess we can see how well he plays PingPong against Morey tomorrow? ;)

12. Lucky Charm

Lucky Charm Member

:eek: @ reading the earlier comments about McHale being hard on Lin like Pop was to Parker, I know they weren't meant to compare McHale to Pop..but still lol

Pop getting on Lin's ass would be amazing because you know Pop would be spewing nothing but pure knowledge, whereas I shudder to think what on earth the unproven McHale (with his mediocre coaching record and incomprehensible in game adjustments, and just all around suckage) is telling JLin and the team.

Yeah Im buckled in tightly in the FIREMCHALE bandwagon :p

I understand now Lowry, I understand.
    [​IMG]

13. Hous-TO-n

Hous-TO-n Member

Lin will be fine. If anyone who really follows Lin, he will know that back from Harvard when he was a rookie at first, he was treated like this. Even his own coach and teammate back there, did look down at him once. But everyone surround him eventually support him.

Looks what happened in NYKs, all of his teammates like him except melo and JR.

I think Mchale just tough on Lin because of the high expectations. When it combines with the strange rotation (mchale always did), it looks like conspiracy. But in the long term, it is good for lin to develop some spot up shooting skills. It is safer and good to cooperate with harden.

14. cytrynowa

cytrynowa Member

I'm a huge Lin fan too, but yes it's seriously old.

It's like certain Lin fans don't watch the game for basketball at all. They just watch to see what Lin does, how much he scores, how he does, how the coaches respond, how the other players treat him, etc.

That's like some Justin Bieber/celebrity gossip crap there.

I follow several teams, and I have never seen anything like it. Like, nobody is monitoring Woodson to analyze his gestures and facial expressions towards Shump.

Even right-in-the-open Lakers drama doesn't reach this level of paranoia and reaching.

Imagine if Lin had been traded to the Lakers like some LOFs wanted. They would probably start a campaign to get Kobe imprisoned the first time he said something towards Lin.

15. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

lol @ that pic :grin:

16. GoRockets!

GoRockets! Member

Lowry's face expression is priceless ;)

17. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

We Asians love our dramas.

18. mothman

mothman Member

After what happened towards the end of the 2nd Q when McHale took it out on Lin for his 2nd TO, & to let Parsons handle the ball for the subsequent possession?

I think that was pretty poor handling by McHale. My goodness, I think Lin's confidence would have been shred to pieces. Lin was actually playing well up till that point - 12pts, 4 ast. After that incident, Lin had only 2pts, 3 ast in the 2nd half.

Well if McHale wanted to make his players accountable for their mistakes, he should at least be consistent about it. Let's see, Beverly had 2 TOs in 1st Q, Parsons & Delfino both had 2 TOs before end of 2nd Q. And the most glaring mistakes are the interior defense & those uncontested 3's in the 1st Q by Billups & Butler. WTF, those are the killers.

19. kianainhi

kianainhi Member

"shudder to think" For some reason, I had to laugh at that because I can imagine you shudder (body language). :)

20. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

There will never be a shortage of overzealous fan...whether in basketaball, football, etc.

Some will post controversial stuff to bait others to react.

Looking forward to the pingpong match between Morey and Lin.