1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Clippers 2/13/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 13, 2013.

1. ERC

ERC Member

Obviously I don't know for sure either, but that'd be my guess. During McHale's absence from the team earlier in the season, I remember Lin saying in an interview that McHale would text him after every game to give him tips, feedback, and pointers. Can't remember the exact quote but Lin said he almost saw McHale as a father figure because what McHale had done for him was way beyond a coach's obligation.

I'm not trying to make an argument that McHale is perfect as a coach or that Lin deserves to be singled out and yelled at, but it's unrealistic to cry unfair treatment with such a limited, biased vignette into the relationship between McHale and Lin.

2. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Exactly. The fact that he is yelling at him means that he knows that Lin has potential to get better. Coaches don't yell at players if they don't think they can be good.

3. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

lol Poor Rockets twitter guys they are probably getting bombarded with silly questions after this game

@Jonathan_Feigen

He's a coach, not a cheerleader. Suit is a giveaway. MT @solidz75: @Jonathan_Feigen does McHale have an agenda against @jlin7?

4. yunac010

yunac010 Member

I've seen Sampson clap for Lin plenty of times. Did he mistake Lin for Harden?

Seriously people, stop looking for things that aren't there.

5. Lucky Charm

Lucky Charm Member

Well, this loss was expected, Im just satisfied we didnt lose by 50+ as I feared.

I mean, we got blown the hell out WITH Harden AT home by the Clippers earlier WITHOUT Paul and Billups. So this was gonna be a loss even with Harden anyway, Im just happy the guys sorta hung in there :p

+ JLin played well minus a few bad turnovers.
    + Chandler also played okay, really only him and Lin showed any kind of life.
    + OMG D-Mo, he did more in those few minutes than Morris has ever done.

-Defense was hot garbage the first half. Embarrassing stuff.
    -Morris is hot garbage. He wouldn't start in a Special Olympics team, not sure why he's still given any playing time.

6. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

McHale is not Popovich!!!!!!!

McHale will never be as good as Popovich

stop comparing mchale and lin to pop and tony parker

7. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Agreed. WW3....if it was Russell fumer or cry baby CP3.:grin:

8. GoRockets!

GoRockets! Member

I'm fine with coaches yelling at players during games to let them know what they do right or wrong as long as it's reasonable. . I think that's actually helpful to get guys pay attention and some times even inject some urgency or energies to the situation.

I have problems that coaches show disgust towards players when they make mistakes. That's two different thing.

9. M4-Nightvision

the clippers pick n roll all night long. rockets hardly set picks or pick n pop with patterson.

10. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

@ the Warriors game. I saw that too (the game before yesterday's)

11. muas2010

muas2010 Member

They both could...in 5 years.:grin:

12. ERC

ERC Member

Lin's wrist is sore after that hard fall. Not only did he get it taped, he's getting a precautionary X-ray. Not an LOF or making excuse for him. Surely he could've played better, but to say he sucked wouldn't be fair.

13. neoxyphus

neoxyphus Member

Well, this is McHale yelling at Lin after he bricked the last shot in 2Q vs Sac Kings.

Look how dejected he gets and needs consoling.

McHale you suck, seriously.

http://www.telly.com/2PZ93W

14. LoLin

LoLin Member

More of a reason that he needs to work on getting a reliable pull up jumpers and floaters. Seeing him (and Harden) crashing to the floor full speed is cringe worthy and it's bad for them in the long run.

15. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Good news is that only Utah moved up....status quo for Denver and Portland. Lakers is coming up to get a spot in the playoffs...either Rockets climb up or could have a chance of dropping of the 8th spot. Upcoming schedule looks pretty decent so I would expect the Rockets to jump up a few notches by the end of the season...unless there is a total meltdown or injury to key players.

16. gate470

gate470 Rookie

Yeah, I thought so too.

17. Grigori

Grigori Member

From what I could piece together, Dragic starting was more of the scapegoat. McHale's problem appears to have started with Adelman's "corner series" offense McHale said he was going to keep at the start of the season. Many of the Rockets players loved that part of Adelman's offense.

Very shortly after the season started, McHale decided to scrap Adelman's corner series offense for his own, citing lack of personel to run it. Apparently McHale said that he couldn't run it because it didn't work without essential "passing big men" Chuck Hayes and Brad Miller. Obviously some of the players were like WTF are you serious (check out some of the stuff Budinger and Lowry said after they were traded) and thought McHale's system was stagnant/dumb (put a bit more diplomatically than that, obviously).

Basically, McHale had the classic players didn't buy in to the system problem (and we have all heard McHale blamed this on not having a pre-season to build trust).

Funny thing is, when Lowry was traded to TOR and Bargnani struggled early, Lowry tried sell Dwayne Casey on Adelman's corner series, suggesting that it would be perfect for Bargnani. When asked about this, Lowry said that he was "just trying to shared the knowledge." Man, Lowry must have really loved that offense.

18. HardLin

HardLin Member

Outside of the first quarter - where the Clippers hit almost all their outside shots - this was a winnable game. The Clippers did not look impressive outside of that first quarter. The Rockets shot poorly from the 3. Picking who to meet in the playoffs, out of the top three, I was thinking the Rockets would do best against the Spurs, but now I'm thinking the Clippers may be the most vulnerable in a best of 7. Which means it'll be worth it to try for seed 6.

19. Windchime

Windchime Member

Guys, come on, the reason we lost this game is b/c atrocious 3pt shooting, atrocious defence and that first quarter hot streak, not just anything done by one player.

Although Player wise, I do want to see DMo a lot more, that Lin and DMo combo at the end looked very interesting indeed -0-

20. kianainhi

kianainhi Member

The facts are there. Look at the highlights.