1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Clippers 2/13/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 13, 2013.

1. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I never thought I'd have anything, other than being white basketball lovers, in common with Poppabitch, but ha... we both want some nasty.

2. norcalhussla

norcalhussla Member

glorious times :cool:

3. OpportunityCost

True, and I am sure he has "high expectations" of them also.

4. lin7rox

lin7rox Member

everyone here comments mainly on Lin or Harden
    we lost cuz harden didn't play
    we lost cuz Lin sucked in the 2nd half
    WE LOST CUZ WE COULDN'T HIT 3'S, to'S and TD and Harden didn't play

5. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

A tough guy would injure the other player to score. :mad:

6. cytrynowa

cytrynowa Member

Has it occurred to you that he's disgusted by the ref's call, not Lin?

My God, is this basketball where grown men get paid millions to put a ball in a hoop, or some after school special for 12 year old girls?

This soap opera rubbish is making this board unreadable.

7. Cautiously_Op

Cautiously_Op Member

Of couse it was about today, that's why the Delfino - Billups comparison instead of a Harden - Billups comparison.

And no, I do not mean Lin - Paul ... draw meaning they are on the same plain. But, Lin does play solid man to man defense, and in this game he held his own against Paul all night. It was even harder tonight for Lin in another way - he was switching to the 2 spot to play Billups, because Delfino was way off.

8. lin7rox

lin7rox Member

Lets just give DMo a chance I think our offense will b more dynamic

9. BlueJazz

BlueJazz Member

Oh no... Lin is getting x-ray of his wrist.... Hope it's ok!!

10. me005

me005 Member

I think both Lin and Parsons had good stretches tonight but they just not as good collectively as a team especially their D. Glad to see DMo in action, hopefully TJones coming soon. Harden and Lin are terrific alley-oop passer, just need someone to finish it.

11. lin7rox

lin7rox Member

harden should skip ASG and we come back full strength after ASG

12. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

The conditions were against the Rockets tonight: High level opponent, no rest playing against rested team, on the road, and, most important, James Harden sitting out. Time to learn from the game and get some rest over the break.

Also, somebody be sure to poison Durant and Westbrook's food during Allstar weekend. Not to seriously hurt them or anything, just enough for them to get the runs for the first game after the break against the Rockets. Thanks.

13. ahhh

ahhh Member

Should I be laughing or should I be crying?

14. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

It's weird one of the posters on here NYCarol or whoever said that Sampson and McHale was extremely happy for Lin when he was playing well against the Knicks awhile back when she attended the game.

15. Arthurprescott2

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Lin getting x-rays on his right hand. It's a precaution, but still sore after hard fall on drive in first half.</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/301943036311650304">February 14, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Only his shooting hand. no big deal...

16. roxxy

roxxy Member

Did anybody consider that maybe McHale yells at Lin because he knows he can take it. Some coaches don't yell at certain players because hey know they will fold. How many times has McHale said that Lin is a tough kid.

McHale also yells at Harden to move the ball all the time. McHale yelled at Lowry last year as well.

17. GoRockets!

GoRockets! Member

No I'm pretty he was not happy about Lin's seemingly fall for CP3's sneaky move. That was a foul without doubt because Lin's arm touched CP3's.

Also have you noticed Sampson simply dropped his files hard on the floor to show his disgust when Lin missed his men on defense ( I don't remember which game. If I find time I'm willing to show it to you and you tell me it's not Sampson were upset about Lin.)

Stop judging other posters just because you don't agree with them. If you have counter evidence, show it to back up your argument instead of accusing other posters. :rolleyes:

18. PinkTacos

PinkTacos Member

See the difference is that LOF give unjust slack to Lin while we rockets fans give slack to harden because we know how much he does for the team. I can live with harden having 4 TOs because i know that will come with 28 points, 5 reb, 6 ast and maybe a couple of steals.

And don't pretend harden isn't criticized for hero ball or his turnovers because he is but we know that those are small negatives to the huge positives he brings to this team. The problem is LOF try to justify Lins short comings by blaming other people...harden has a lot of turnovers too, its mchales fault, its the plays run blah blah blah.

I actually like Lin and i expect him to become a good point guard in the future, many don't seem to realize how young he is...he has plenty of years to improve...

19. roxxy

roxxy Member

I hope it is ok. Has the skills competition. There is a lot of rest hopefully it heals up for OKC.

20. kianainhi

kianainhi Member

All you have to do is watch the highlights of the game when Lin blocked, coast to coast and dunked. When Hardin shot a 3, Sampson jumped from his seat and clapped. He looked like he was going to run on the court and hug Hardin. When Lin did that dunk, not one coach stood and clapped. Very telling.