1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Clippers 2/13/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 13, 2013.

1. roxxy

roxxy Member

That was a fun game. THis young team really competed couldn't have asked for more.. Solid effort by both Lin, Parsons particularly, there were times where it looked like they were the only guys who were competing. D-mo was a breath of fresh air. I loved that PNR action he ran with Lin. Patt should have played more minutes in my opinion. Same with Omer.

Would love to see the Rockets emphasize on ball screens. They rely way to much on Lin & Harden beating there man off the dribble. They are successful at it but a little screen action would make things easier on them.

2. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

D-Mo been had game. McHale better start using him.
    Mook over PPat was the boneheaded coaching decision of the game.
    McHale's clear lack of respect for love is quite evident by now. Yelling at Lin is fine. But when he's been playing well and everyone was playing well and he's the one who's yelled at and sat, how can you not be affected and timid playing out there.
    All in all, we never gave up, but we never really got in it either. The game was basically over in the 1st quarter. I hope Harden's alright. Night y'all~

3. Exel

Exel Member

Schedule loss. Would have liked to see the team go off on a higher note into ASB, but oh well.

4. muas2010

muas2010 Member

What I took from this game:
    1. Lin can hold his own against the best guard CP3 tonight. Even with the Rockets bricking so many shots, Lin had comparable stats to that of CP3.

2. The lights out shootings in the 1st quarter by the Clippers did major damage.

3. 5 of 24 shootings from the 3 arc killed the team tonight. Just 4-5 more shots and the Rockets could have won this game.

As much as a lot of people blaming the loss by not having Harden, it's more about the b2b game and poor shootings by everyone tonight. At least they had guts to grind it out to avoid a disasterous blowout.

5. Hrock

Hrock Rookie

All I can think is how much closer this game would ahve been if we had just made some 3 pointers....5/24 from the arc. That is awful. Delfino 1-5, parson 0-4, morris 1-5, andersen 1-4. As bad as the PG play was from Lin and beverly 2nd half, it would have been close of those open looks setup by teammates went in.

6. Screw

Screw Member

transition was very very sloppy this game...hard to watch all these blown lay ups

7. mirus

mirus Member

what does the vid said ?can u summarise it?

8. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Liked what I saw from Dmo today. Hope it warrants him more pt. Anderson and Beverley are looking like solid backup guys and with the way their contracts are, they're likely going to be around for a while.

9. cyclorider

cyclorider Member

No James Harden.

Beverley plays 25 minutes.

5 points (2-6 shooting). 2 assists. 3 turnovers.

Chicken with his head cut off.

Beverley friggin' SUCKS.

Douglas can't come back fast enough.

10. LoLin

LoLin Member

He was playing decent until the Flagrant foul. After that, he played rather passively for a while.

11. roxxy

roxxy Member

Had nothing to do with McHale yelling at Lin. Lin hurt his wirst apparently. Despite that he was still drivin to the rim & dusting CP3. His shots weren't dropping but on each of his 3 drives somebody was there to clean it up. His passing was also really good today. This McHale yelling at Lin stuff needs to end.

12. Witchdoc

Witchdoc Member

Thinking about it, it kind of makes sense since the Rockets rely on a fast break offense. Although giving up threes are bad in terms of efficiency of opponent points per shot, they also are more likely to end up in defensive rebounds for the Rockets to bring a fast break. Sure, the opponent eFG% is higher, but since we also get a higher eFG% on fast breaks its a risk versus reward scenario.

13. OpportunityCost

I disagree Don. I don't dislike McHale. I think he's a nice personable guy that I am sure I would have a good conversation with; but, as a coach, I think he is not so good. Also, effort is the responsiblity of the players, but what about the responsibility of the coach to design well thought-out offensive schemes to help them to succeed? It takes more than effort against good teams to win IMO. You need shrewd coaching also.

14. mirus

mirus Member

when does this happen?

15. Grigori

Grigori Member

I hate McHale as much as the next guy, but you can't fault McHale for players missing 19 wide open 3s. We penetrated, kicked, got the open 3s we wanted, but nobody was just knocking them down. If we knock down 4 of those 19, we win this by 2. I mean, it's kind of hard to win when we shoot 20% from behind the arc with most of them wide open.

16. conquistador#11

I think you need to take some of your own advice.

Hard game tonight on a back to back. Last time we played the clippers, everyone shot 25% also. EVERYONE.

17. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

If I had to single one player out tonight, it would be Delfino. I'm not saying I don't like him or don't want him, but I feel like he showed that he is a bench spark plug. Not a starter or big minute player.

18. Arthurprescott2

DOUGLAS ONLY FAN ALERT!

19. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Not that interesting because those guys some of them are only and all about Lin.

It is NEVER Lin's fault. It's either the coach or Harden holding him back some how.

1 person likes this.
  20. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

If Lin hurt his wrist, why did McHale yell at him? Just give up early and let go the game already and rest him up.