1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Clippers 2/13/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 13, 2013.

1. yunac010

yunac010 Member

Not mad about this game. Didn't expect a win even with Harden.

Some of those TOs though by Parsons and Lin... dumb plays.

2. GoRockets!

GoRockets! Member

our 3pt% is 5-24 20.8%. That's the reason we lost this game.

3. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

This! McHale just doesn't like to play rookies, even if they're 10.000x better than the fat blob who played two/three years.

4. Karolik

Karolik Member

Well, no Linsanity as I expected...Oh well, regroup after the all star break. This team is Hardens team and only Hardens team. I feel we could've won if we had a healthy Harden today.

5. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

Well, it's official. Mchale plays favoritism for each player. First he lashes out at Lin, though it was a dumb TO, Mchale lashes at Lin only and never other players making equally dumb mistakes. I've seen Parsons and Harden do it. Second, why aren't there more plays designed for 2Pat over Morris? I mean, when 2Pat is open, he makes those shots like 85% free throw shooter. Anything slightly inside the 3 point line, and wide open, it seems 2pat never misses. Still don't understand why they find every reason to put Morris in there. He sucks.

6. nadman89

nadman89 Member

honestly rockets showed some heart after that 1st they were just hitting everything , we were never gna beat the clips without harden at least the clips got to rest hopefully they rape the fakers 2mro

7. sophiaaa19

sophiaaa19 Member

LoL annoying fan bothering JF on twitter, but check out this vid that was tweeted by him, Lin looks freaking depressed after Mchale talked to him, hard timessss http://www.telly.com/2PZ93W

8. 34to11

34to11 Member

It was interesting how, without Harden to point the finger at, this thread quickly turned into a Lin pity party.

The biggest problem with that is there is no way Lin would still be in the league if he were the mental p***y some of his "fans" seem to think he is.
    The dude has been at the bottom of the barrel during his NBA journey and has worked hard to go from fringe player/scrub to a solid NBA player getting consistent minutes on a competitive team.
    Wouldn't that suggest some degree of mental toughness?

So you so-called "fans" should cut back on the b****ing and whining any time you perceive he's being chewed out or grilled when he makes mistakes.
    Expectations and responsibilities are part of the job description for any starting point guard in the NBA.

1 person likes this.
  9. scaramanga

scaramanga Member

Wow... a relief that Rockets did not give up easily... I was expecting the clippers to drop 150 points on us...

Good thing about this game, we get to see more of D-Mo and Anderson... There is great potential in D-Mo which bodes well for next season...

10. trock

trock Member

I figured we were going to lose tonight, but I'm a bit disappointed by the lack of intensity.

11. adobo

adobo Member

Oh well we didnt win this one, but still a good effort. From the way the clippers came out on the 1st qtr, we did ok to semi get back in the game. You can just tell these guys were tired from b2b games and without Harden. Especially Parsons and Lin, they look really exhausted. Hope we can make it a game against OKC after the ASG. Btw, Portland lost tonight so at least that makes it not as bad.

12. split41

split41 Member

The reasons we lost:

21 TOs

20% 3pt% 5-24

13. OpportunityCost

I'D RATHER...I mean I'd rather(rally is over) see Anderson instead of Delfino and D-Mo instead of Cole or Morris. Delfino and Morris can be some cold-blooded brick-layers at times.

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Team looked tired, and without Harden they were not winning this one anyway.

Nice to see Dmo play - good time for a week long break.

DD

15. lin7rox

lin7rox Member

Lin had a great 1st Q then nothing

16. ribbit

ribbit Member

Looking for post presence? We got D-Mo. But will take some time.

17. Rockets590

Rockets590 Rookie

I still don't understand. We have a chance to put two 7 footers in. One that can play post offense and pass. The other can rebound and pass.

18. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

He's tough on him because Lin is an outstanding, smart, skilled player, but he wasn't in it tonight. Kevin knows what good-Lin looks like and what he saw was bad-Lin. Nothing wrong with getting pissed at your players when they play Lin did tonight.

Time to move forward, learn and win the next one.

19. hocash

hocash Contributing Member

Lin does need to work on his stamina. He looked dead legged out there.
    Next game. It happens.

20. Arthurprescott2

that is depressing as hell... sigh.