1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Clippers 2/13/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 13, 2013.

1. lin7rox

lin7rox Member

I don't think he is talkin about this one game

2. Danpan

Danpan Member

We are hard on McFAIL for many reasons. Doesn't seem to have a game plan on most nights, no in game adjustments, don't hold players accountable even stars. Horrid subsitutions, players playing out of position or handling responsibilities out of their skill set. Horrible post game interviews. The list goes on. And he suppose to be well qualified for his coaching job.......

3. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

McHale ain't popovich.

4. Hughesy

Hughesy Member

It's because Mchale knows Lin can play much better than that, and since Lin is taking responsiblity for the offense tonight.

5. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

I knew there was going to be a lot of melodrama from LOFs after the comment that McHale yelled at Lin, but I'm surprised how dramatic you guys got. Calm down, take a breath. It's like 8 pages on how evil McHale is, lol.

6. split41

split41 Member

I don't understand why anyone would be ****ting on Harden, as this is an example of what can happen when he's out. Not only is he our #1 scoring option (and deservedly so), but by just being on the floor he makes defences worry about him and get our other guys better looks.

7. moose

moose Member

Why are ya'll so critical about this game? It's not even our full squad.

8. munsteur

munsteur Member

Lin needs to play with Asik.

9. Akim523

Akim523 Member

How did you know?

10. EarlIII

EarlIII Member

Same here. You never see McHale getting into Harden's face for a TO even though Harden leads the league in TOs.

11. OpportunityCost

I think he's referring to more than this game, but if you want to pick out tonight's game; the early substition in the 1st quarter when he's doing pretty well orchestrating the offense. Yes I know it has been the new trend to automatically sub him out at around that mark, but do you always have to follow that script? Especially with no Harden tonight.

12. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

I'm not saying he's playing horribly, but he consistently plays below what we paid for him. I get it, we are playing flop city, but we need a much bigger game from him tonight.

It isn't enough from him. We need more. When he is on the court and Harden is out this is his team. He isn't carrying himself out there like this is his team.

I'm not saying Lin is garbage, I didn't say that at all. All I was saying is that if this team was Lin and KMart it would be a much more depressing season. People, we are seeing what the Rockets would be like without Harden, and it is evident Harden is worth every penny we put out there. Can you honestly say when Lin is the leading scorer on a team down 20 he is worth his contract? Can you really say that with a straight face?

13. ERC

ERC Member

Talking plus minus? Let's see. Aldrich is a -3 while Asik -17. Do you also find it "interesting" that everyone still prefers Asik over Aldrich?

14. New

LOL at the plus minus number stuff. You do know that you should not compare a starter's plus minus to a backup right?

15. Penetrate&Creat

Clutch forums, the next time you call someone an LOF, take a look at this post.

16. tor.rocks

tor.rocks Member

Guys if we made them 3's this game would be closer than it would.

17. DBRox

DBRox Contributing Member

Lin Fan's are always saying Lin is the "quarterback", well quarterbacks get most of the heat not the receivers... its sad if he can't take it. Sad thing is I think HE can, its just you guys that create drama.

18. Supermaruchi

Supermaruchi Member

Lin needs to man up and b**** out his coach.

19. Cynops

Cynops Member

He got sat out because he had 2 fouls, by the half he has 3. I will say he was a bit hard on him for the turnover though.

20. 34to11

34to11 Member

Damn, I was certain we won that one.:confused: