1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Clippers 2/13/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 13, 2013.

1. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

THIS!

2. sammsung987

sammsung987 Member

Rockets lose! Mcfail will see to it.

3. hocash

hocash Contributing Member

As bad as people think McHale is, and he does do some weird things, Vinny Del Negro is one of the worst coaches in the NBA. Guy literally has no clue. If he didn't have CP3 running his offense he would have been fired ages ago.

4. Lucky Charm

Lucky Charm Member

But the circumstances for this game are much tougher than the Spurs game because it's on a back2back (when JLin struggles the most) on the road against the best PG in the game. It's gonna be very tough, I just dont want us to get our expectations too high and then gets disappointed because JLIN didnt turn into Linsanity :(

5. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Lin is going to have to hit some open jumpers because the Clippers sag off of him the most out of any team. They have zero respect for his game.

6. gate470

gate470 Rookie

LOL, This.

7. Lucky Charm

Lucky Charm Member

We see that battle after every game anyway, except I wouldn't call it epic, more like tired and pathetic :p

8. hltiki

hltiki Member

yeah, but it's not going to be EPIC

9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I think the Texans were having a playoff game or something when that happened.

I remember missing that game for some kind of big game the Texans were in.

10. Roboman

Roboman Member

11. Fighton

Fighton Member

realistically, jlin won't go off because cp3 is actually a good defender, averaging more than 2 steals/gm. jlin doesn't have a post game yet so his size over paul wouldn't really make a big difference. jeremy will get picked to death, though, by jordan and griffin. they are very good at setting picks for paul. our p&r D needs to be top notch. on a side note, still boggles my mind how little we set picks for jeremy (harden gets a good amount) and when they're set, they are horrible. ppat actually turns his body to allow jeremy's defender to come through the screen like it's not even there. he does this because he's so eager to pop and get the ball.

anyway, i don't really think having harden or not would make a big impact. yeah with him in there we'll score more points but he will most likely give up a ton of points to crawford as well, especially with a bum ankle. his defense is still not where it should be for a superstar.

this game will be determined by our front court. if we can box out griffin and jordan from getting offensive rebounds, we'll have a chance.

and they're gonna run, run, and run. and we won't be able to keep up on tired legs of a back-to-back.

12. trock

trock Member

We're going to get demolished. :(

13. Samo

Samo Member

Win or lose, two things I don't want to see from fans and coaches. If Lin played well like in Spur game, "Lin is proved to be great! Harden and coaches are dragging him behind. Let him dominate the ball." Or Lin did poorly, "Lin is proved to be a scrub/mediocre, he is nothing without Harden, further limits his time and let Harden have the ball." Hope Rockets can stick with what's working for them.

14. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

If Lin goes Linsanity on the Clippers against the best pg in the league, on a back to back game, then I'll be on the side of the LOFS.

15. teebone21

teebone21 Member

not really the TEAM needs to play well especially the bigs. Lin only needs to play solid D since CP3 is gonna test him all night.

16. hltiki

hltiki Member

OOOO Now I'm REALLY hoping Linsanity comes back!

17. hltiki

hltiki Member

I'm hoping Lin will play as Harden played against Kobe last year when he was on the Thunders. I think Harden stated that he loved watching Kobe while growing up, and Lin stated that CP was the best pg in his opinion. ANTICIPATION!!!

18. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

I'll blame McHale, blame Harden, blame Asik's stone hands, etc for holding Lin down! :grin:

19. holly1985

holly1985 Member

This.

20. Calmwater

Calmwater Member

Last time we played Clippers, they were minus CP3 and we with Harden. We still lost that game. Now we are minus Harden and they are with CP3.

I think we will lose, but I hope for a really fun game from the Rockets