1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Jeremy Lin POSTER SLAM vs. Kings!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 10, 2013.

1. FTW

FTW Member

lin's dunk video, not Westbrook. 0:08-0:09

2. gnozahs

gnozahs Member

Tell me about it. I grew up in Wisconsin and went to a 90% black elementary and middle school. I got bullied from preschool to middle school. I remember always getting bullied by these two, older black girls on the bus and I couldn't hold it in anymore and cried my heart out once I got off the bus. Then I moved to a different school where it was 90% whites and I got bullied there as well since I was the only Asian kid there. But at that time in my life, I didn't take chit from anyone anymore and the first kid that called me a chink and to go back to China (I ain't even Chinese), I cracked him right in the face and no one ever picked on me after that.

3. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

You make it sound like everybody in America is racist. No it's not ok to be racist towards anybody and it's not right for you to act like America is all racist.

1 person likes this.
  4. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

Haha, dang, the Kings' commentators were more excited than our own!

5. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Hahaha. You can see Lin making the kissy trollin lips aka the delfino taunt. That's some good ****. I do that **** to piss people off.

6. Ethernet

Ethernet Member

Nah, everyone is a little bit racist. Just in America, people find it OK to be OVERTLY racist toward Asian Americans. This is also coming from an Asian American, having been raised here.

7. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Should've been an inbound violation called on Garcia after Lin's dunk.

8. VanityHalfBlack

You poor thing you:mad: I'm really sorry to hear that, are you still in high school??

9. GeneValgene

GeneValgene Member

yea...i noticed the homage to delfino with those lips too haha

10. GeneValgene

GeneValgene Member

yea...i had to rewatch to see how far he jumped. happened so fast hard to appreciate first time through

11. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Sorry but I laughed. Good for you for stepping up for yourself eventually

12. Skyhoop

Skyhoop Member

Yes, I would still rather have the win. So would Jeremy, I expect, since he's such a competitive person. Just look at his downbeat expression after the the 38pt Spurs game that ended in a loss. This win would have helped very much in the conference standings against the other guys clustered around the last few play-off spots.

But this highlight play and the fact that his knee is back to full health (I think he would have tried a layup instead of a dunk if his knee was still bothering him and he wasn't able to trust it) is at least a consolation prize and good for the Rockets going forward.

13. CarolNYC

CarolNYC Contributing Member

14. Skyhoop

Skyhoop Member

You're going to get that with young players. They develop and try things out and expand their repertoire. Sometimes new things work, sometimes they don't. They will end up surprising themselves as well as others.

I remember when he did that spin move on Fisher last year, he said that one of the assistant coaches asked him where he got that move from, since they'd never seen it from him in practice.

So young players will develop and try stuff in games to explore their limits. They'll learn more about themselves, with us along for the journey. They'll end up surprising themselves as well. It's why a lot of people like to root for rookies and young prospects, to watch the development journey.

15. figment

figment Member

It's ok to pick on Asian Americans because they won't complain. And when they do, people get realllllyyy angry.

16. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Dafawk do you mean?

17. EarlIII

EarlIII Member

How did this thread turn into a Asian self-pity thread? Seriously, a lot of people get bullied as kids - fat people, tall girls, nerds, guys that play instruments. Just stand up for yourself. Take a martial arts/MMA class if you have to.

18. Anxiety Trooper

Right... Happens a lot on the GARM these days.

19. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

This.

20. seven7seven

seven7seven Member

Yeah, because discrimination exists in all walks in life, Asians are not allowed to address racism towards Asians when it comes up. This is the typical comment people make to defend their right to continue being bigoted. Bullying and prejudice should be something we all should aim to stamp out in a civilised society.