1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Kings 2/10/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 9, 2013.

1. autoprt

autoprt Member

i watched for the 1st five minutes of the game and went to bed because i knew from past games this wasn't going to be a good one for the rockets, from looking at the boxscore without reading much but looking at a few highlights i'm guessing parson was the missing piece tonight?

2. mothman

mothman Member

Expect Cole to play like a backup centre. He was a liability on defense, & was totally invisible on the offense. I would not go as far to say Cole is the reason we lost the game today because there were other factors contributing to the loss. However, does anyone else thinks Cole has fulfilled his role as a backup centre in this game? At least Smith would have made his presence felt on the offensive end.

3. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

perhaps this is the price we have to pay to improve a player that is for him to gather more experience in order that his talent may shine

4. conquistador#11

no problem, now just win against the waarriors and flop city.
    no pressure.

5. mothman

mothman Member

Nope, there's always a choice and an opportunity cost. How about developing the rookies like Dmo who is a seven footer or Greg Smith? Yes, defensively they are a liability (just like Aldrich) but they'll compensate for or at least make their presence felt on the offensive end.

Did you notice that at the end of 2nd Q with about 40secs remaining, Cole actually tipped in a Tyreke Evans missed layup (instead of grabbing the rebound)? Yes, he scored for the Kings! I know **** happens but over the last 3 games, his performance has not convinced me that he deserved the backup centre role more than others.

6. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

Wow, seriously Rockets?!

7. VanityHalfBlack

We're going to beat the Warriors and Clippers, book it!!

8. Jenopogi

Jenopogi Contributing Member

Did Lin just mouthed "da fack" after he fouled out and down on his sit? :eek:

9. solid

solid Contributing Member

That was a really bad loss because it was there for the taking. The Kings were coming off another game the night before and they were the ones who came alive in the fourth. Really disappointing. The Rockets look good in stretches, have a super star, but still hover around .500. It was't Linn's fault, he looked good when he was out there which was not long enough.

10. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

As much as I love Harden, his defense killed us toward the end. Hindsight is always 20/20, but I really wish they would have removed PPatt, put in Parsons, and stuck Parsons on Garcia. However, I understand why McHale kept the lineup the way it was, since we were already getting outrebounded.

I think this game was a case of bad scouting. The players should have known what to expect from Garcia & Hayes, yet they did little to neutralize them.

11. rocketman72

rocketman72 Member

What a disaster...Houston should have won this game. Considering the LAL and Portland lost also. Had to listen to some Oasis to get my mind off it...

Come on Houston..."Soldier On"

Can we win out the rest of February?

12. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

Don't bother arguing with him using facts. If you notice, all his replies are based on some 6th sense where he just knows how people feel through the TV...

Honestly, he's not the one being the douchebag here.

13. crimmy88

crimmy88 Member

We got killed when we turned the ball over too much instead of getting FTs late in the 4th quarter.

14. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

Why is every one so upset and shocked that they lost? Are we OKC? the Spurs? The Heat? This is a .500 team everybody. Stop expecting them to play like they are built to win a championship this year. This team will lose games you think they should win and they will win some you thnk they should lose. This is who they are at this point in the rebuild. They will play inconsistently all year long.

We need another consistent player to play with Harden and we need perimeter defense. We can't stop anybody form scoring. Stop expecting so much from these guys, they are not that good yet. Parson, Lin, Asik are all young developing players. They will give you a great game in between 5 or 6 ok to bad games. It is what it is. This is how they learn.

They win 5 in a row early in the year and your expectations change all of a sudden. Come back to reality people. If Morey makes a big trade by next week to bring in another solid player, then we reevaluate, if not, this is it. We have a .500 team looking to add pieces this summer to get better. These young guys are just not ready to take that next step.

15. peter2012

peter2012 Member

I was so pissed that we gave them so many offensive rebounds and second-chance points. We definitly need a good power forward who can get more rebounds and a good back-up center who can give Asik some good rest.

Cole Aldrich, I am sorry to say it, but he is really bad, even worse, his trade value is almost zero. I miss Greg Smith, at least he can play well offensively.

16. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

17. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Chuck won them the game. He has those intangibles that are critical to championship teams. Wish we had him back cheap.

18. tor.rocks

tor.rocks Member

I thought harden tore something in his knee's last night. Was a scary sight. I think he needs to rest. He's been over played.

Lin being in foul trouble and parsons having a bad game, pretty much cost us the game.

19. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

of all the things, the worst is the ding we took on our conference record.(11-19)

it is obvious that we are a bad road team but we need to be ahead of the Lakers (13-18) in Conference play in order to avoid having the final game of the season in LA become a "must win" for the Rockets.

up 2-1 in the season series, the last thing we need is a run by the Lakers to put them in striking distance of the final seed and give them an opportunity to clinch it at home on the last night of the season.

20. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

i am sure there is a good reason there are giving PT to Cole...perhaps hes terrific at practices and training and its just a mater of adapting to nba playing or getting rid of rookie anxiety