1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Blazers @ Rockets 2/8/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I noticed that the Fire McHale thread didn't get bumped tonight. Huh. Seems if he were such a bad coach it would come up more often, and not just on nights we lose.

2. OpportunityCost

Sure he is. His role is to be a superstar.

3. Arthurprescott2

Cool fact:

Not bad company.

4. LivinLikeLarry

Yeah I agree. I prefer the team stays like it is during the deadline to build chemistry, but if anybody has to move I would hope its Morris. Doesn't doing anything Patterson can't do with the exception of fade aways, and is just blocking development from the more intriguing D-Mo and Jones.

5. Evil Empire

Evil Empire Member

LETS GO BULLS

6. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

Shout out to PPatt for an aggressive game...16 points! :cool:

A quiet 16 points from my guy JLin! :cool: Love him! ;) :)

A handsome 20 points from Parsons! :cool:

An awesome 13 rebounds from Asik :cool: the team tried hard to give him a double double. :( No complaints tho, you're still cool in my book! :grin:

And of course, the daaaa beard's 35 points...nothing but greatness! :cool:

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Clyde the glide, Payton a surprise there, and Stephon the Starbury haha who won a ship with Beijing!
    Hell yeah

8. OpportunityCost

Like Jeremy's jumpshot, there does seem to be an improvement here - in reference to coaching. During the 1st half, I saw plenty of movement and screens being set which made the offense flow alot easier and it facilitated scoring(good job McHale). I only hope it continues and we don't revert back to the predictable one-man dribbling show where everyone else gets their popcorn, stands in their designated 4 spots and watches the spectacle. That kind of play was even critized by two current Rockets and one former Rocket - Patterson, Delfino and C. Murphy. I think those kind of plays can be mixed in once we have a lead, but shouldn't dominate the game.

9. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Wow,amazing night against tm we have 2beat. @<a href="https://twitter.com/jharden13">jharden13</a> 35pts/16 shots,@<a href="https://twitter.com/chandlerparsons">chandlerparsons</a> 20/14,@<a href="https://twitter.com/pdpatt">pdpatt</a> 16/11,@<a href="https://twitter.com/jlin7">jlin7</a> 16/10,@<a href="https://twitter.com/asikomer">asikomer</a> 13 reb!</p>&mdash; Daryl Morey (@dmorey) <a href="https://twitter.com/dmorey/status/300096411364646912">February 9, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

10. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

6 assists 4 rebounds and 2 steals. He wasn't great, but he wasn't garbage either.

11. Nook

Nook Member

Glad someone else noticed the defensive improvement of Harden. He clearly takes instruction from the coaching staff on working on his weaknesses.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I hope that continues on the road

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

of course they are close... just add decent team defense this team is already a contender

14. PeppermintCandy

Actually, I believe this game thread has the least amount of Lin derailment in a very long time. It could be that many Lin fans are not around due to the Lunar New Year holidays.

15. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Maybe Clutch...I know you often put up awesome clips following Rockets games, but is it possible to have just one thread for the season, devouted to clips only??? and not discussion?

So whenever it is stickied we know you put up new highlights?? ;)

16. Bball_4life

Bball_4life Member

Not trying to put Beverly down; but if Lin had a game like that he would have been called garbage by many. Just saying.

17. OpportunityCost

That's racist.

18. parksn306

parksn306 Contributing Member

Dear Coach McHale,

Great job tonight. I like how you let LMA beat us and told our wing guys (especially Lin) not to double. I also like how you threw Lin and Beverly at Lilliard. It all worked. LMA lit us up but Lillard was as quiet as I've seen him all season.

The offense looks better every week, Pat is showing us things we haven't seen this season (that Lin-Pat pick and pop is money) Lin's jumper is getting wet and Harden will be the best 2 by the end of the season.

Remember when you ran our starters into the ground during the losing streak? Well, I'm over that and wanted to apologize for all that $hit-talking I did then.

Keep up the good work.

p.s. Would it kill you to give Jones and D-Mo some more burn? And please don't give up on Ox just yet.

19. OpportunityCost

To be fair, there are different expectations for Lin since he has a different contract than Beverly - thus the expectations would be higher. That said, Beverly's defense on Lillard was awesome tonight. I would love to see more of Bev at the back-up PG position.

20. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Lin had a great game, I don't know what people are talking about. He was 2/3 from 3pt line, 16 points on 6/10 shooting. There is nothing to worry about. Our guards won this game for us. It didn't matter who was in, they produced.