1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Blazers @ Rockets 2/8/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 7, 2013.

1. cytrynowa

cytrynowa Member

I really like Bev. Way to go, Morey.

2. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

I'm reaching my breaking point with all the Lin stuff. We just got an impressive victory over a team that gives us trouble, while giving us some separation in the conference standings, with a great overall performance from everyone on the Rockets, and all I see is Lin bickering.

Maybe I need a break from the GARM.

3. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

LOL that makes absolutely no sense. A different pace to the offense? This is a straight up run and gun team, and they try to do that regardless of who's there.

YOu don't know if it's better or worse, but it's somehow different and you we need it?? That's like saying "i don't know if this thing makes my car run better or worse....but it's different and that's just what i need!!" :confused:

4. Type Raba

Type Raba Member

that's what happens when he doesnt camp for 3s. his mid range shot has been very consistent. his posting has also been a surprise. not great but a different look is always good. he is definitely undersized at the 4, so on defense he can only make up with hustle. suddenly our lack of a 4 is not so pressing. i say dont trade anybody and just sign smith or howard in the offseason

5. Lucky Charm

Lucky Charm Member

Everyone send good vibes and energy to the Bulls so they whoop the Utah Jazz right now cuz I want the Rockets to surpass those bums in the standing already.

6. mirus

mirus Member

Maybe you should try introduce topics not related to lin,and try to engage ppl into discussion.Come,initiate the topic by urself.:)

it's not that hard,and come on we won,some breakdowns of the game(like shuh did ) ,or something on harden efficiency,or some cheers for the team.

Btw where's shuh?

7. muas2010

muas2010 Member

A big reason, aside from the starters being super efficient tonight, is the low number of TOs again....11 (versus their 11). I'm telling you, if this teams keep their TOs in the very low teens or better it's a hard team to stop.

8. PopItRockets

PopItRockets Member

Nah you just need to use your old friend mr. ignore list but usually its not that bad until a troll comes and stirs things up

9. Jedster

Jedster Member

LOL
    I think the Lin fans everywhere have developed quite a thick skin by now. Got lots of training.
    B-O-I-N-G
    (The sound of bullets bouncing off)

10. LoLin

LoLin Member

I'm rooting for the bulls right now. Only 4~5 games behind Denver, so the chance of taking 4th spot is possible, if the Rockets make a good run next week.

11. newrocket

newrocket Member

Thanks torocon for your views ans]d I do agree that we have the best chance against the Spurs (as when Lin lighted up without the Beard) and OKC would be the worst option of the three.

12. Dementium

Dementium Member

I don't think most people realize how good this team is.

On any given night, 4-5 of our starters are in double figures. Look around the league and you will find that its not actually that common. Heck, our starting back court is averaging 40 points a night, and this is despite the slump Jeremy went through early in the season.

Also, on any given night at least one of our starters will have a double double, again not exactly a common occurence in the rest of the league.

Once we get a decent bench, this team will be seriously scary :)

13. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Jeremy Lin and James Harden are going to be unstoppable in two years. The Rockets can be title contenders if the add Josh Smith and a player capable of competing for 6th man of the year. This team is closer than one would think.

And I would like to add that James Harden is starting to give more effort on the defensive side of the ball. What a great player.

14. conquistador#11

are we just going to ignore the monster game DEFENSIVELY harden had these last 2 games? I thought he held his man, who was hot coming into tonight in check.

15. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Yes, Harden for the WIN!

I hope we have exorcised the 'ghosts' of those close losses to POR early in the season. We have come out of that monstrous losing streak a different, more mature team.

16. muas2010

muas2010 Member

What they need is a Aldridge twin....that would be very scary!

17. LoLin

LoLin Member

I'd put my money on Patterson as the starting 4 instead of Josh Smith. It is just more exciting and fun to watch the young squad developing together like OKC. If anything, maybe strengthen the bench or 6th man.

18. mirus

mirus Member

Actually u can try to introduce a new topic (to divert attention into something else).I think today's board is fine.

02/10vsKings
    02/12Warriors
    02/13Clippers
    02/20Thunder
    02/22Nets
    02/23Wizards
    our sch going forward
    Kings yes,Warriors - they must be in for revenge,esp Bogut,I wonder what's warriors' home w-l record?,clippers would be rough,since we got a match b4 ,then we got a nice 6-7 days break b4 face thunders.

An allright sch i guess.

19. gorockets2009

gorockets2009 Rookie

This is just another example that this coach staffs have missed their players, just let them play their natural position, they will be productive. I just don't understand why it has taken them so long to figure it out.

20. ahhh

ahhh Member

Adding Josh Smith will make us second tier to Miami/OKC. We need a healthy Dwight Howard, that's the best case scenario.