1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Blazers @ Rockets 2/8/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 7, 2013.

1. GeneValgene

GeneValgene Member

haha awesome post

2. OpportunityCost

Yes. It was so obvious too. I wonder what could be the reason?

3. LoLin

LoLin Member

The refs have no respect for the young team I guess.

4. OpportunityCost

But the Trailblazers are a young team also. You would think we were playing the Heat.

5. Vanilla_Shake

Vanilla_Shake Member

In the Playoffs Lin will play at least 35 minutes i swear!

6. pnr

pnr Member

Is Lin injured?

7. LoLin

LoLin Member

Good point.

8. holly1985

holly1985 Member

Don't jinx it! We're not in yet. :mad:

9. Gil

Gil Member

You're boring.

10. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

Harden was amazing tonight. In my eyes he's tied with Kobe for best SG in the league, and he's pushing top 5 player status.

11. Devious

Devious Member

Harden played a fantastic game, not to mention Lin's 3 point shooting.

12. muas2010

muas2010 Member

In terms of scoring, I agree....size matters in basketball...even freak of nature like Rose and Iverson have a hard time doing it. However, I do believe Lin, if given the right opportunity, can be a very critical piece of the puzzle.

13. torocan

torocan Member

If I had to pick...

1) San Antonio. They're older, and their defense hasn't been able to slow down our transition game for the most part. They can score a ton, but if we're running them out non stop, we can probably score enough to win a game here and there. On the flip side, we're not stopping them from scoring too much either between Tony Parker and Tim Duncan.

2) Clippers. Young like us, and athletic. Able to move in transition, but they're not defensive stopper. Their mixed line up of youth and veterans means they have to run a slower pace (20th in the NBA) which means our transition has a bit of an edge. And they're very bad at defending the 3 point shot (25th in the NBA). This would be a shooting match, with the edge to the Clippers as we would have a really hard time stopping CP3 and Griffin.

3) OKC. Worst match up. Good defense, great shot blocking, long, hyper athletic, young roster with multiple killer scoring threats on both units. We would be hard pressed to steal a single game in a play off series unless we catch them on a cold shooting night.

You could argue for 1 and 2 to be switched. Your opinion may of course vary. :grin:

14. OremLK

OremLK Member

Lin has an elite first step and ideal size for a point guard, I don't know what some of you guys are talking about.

The only thing holding him back from being a legit 2nd option on a contender is his three point shot, and that looks to be coming around hopefully.

15. kreia

kreia Member

There are no LOHs on this forum, but you are miles closer than anyone else. Some of the stuff you say regarding our point guards is downright hilarious.

16. conquistador#11

yeah nothing wrong with that. I'd take 13/8/3 and winning 24/7. But it's clear that the coaching staff really felt like they got punched in the gut when the front office did not offer that extra year to gogi. The way they handle situations, and dodge questions. But that's the way it is, in walks of life you always want your guys doing the job.

At the point, I do like beverley more than douglas though. We're going to need all of them going down the stretch.

17. muas2010

muas2010 Member

No problems with Lin playing 25 minutes tonight, he started and came in when need to help the Rockets push the point spread. He got 16 points in 25 minutes of play time...no need to push it more when the game was in control.

18. Vpballa916

Vpballa916 Member

Rockets Fans, ready to call Harden>>>Mcgrady?

Mcgrady was just a freak of nature talent, but he was just never able to put it all together, for whatever reason.

Harden is a 4th year budding superstar in the making with tons of room to grow. as constructed, i don't see this team getting out of the 1st round if they have to face OKC, the Spurs, or the Clippers.

But Mcgrady was used to getting bounced in the first round, throughout his career.

Harden has a great shot at succeeding where T-Mac, left off.

19. visible

visible Member

At this point, nothing can really bother Jeremy Lin but only give him more motivate to improve.

So should his fans.

20. LoLin

LoLin Member

To be honest, I wouldn't mind that rotation. It keeps the PGs legs fresh and altering the offense. Although I'd keep TD strictly as SG and let Beverly play PG.