1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Which Team Do You Prefer In The First Round?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BEAT LA, Feb 7, 2013.

?

I want to see the Rockets face the

1. Clippers

23 vote(s)
    8.7%
  2. Grizzlies

92 vote(s)
    34.8%
  3. Nuggets

6 vote(s)
    2.3%
  4. Warriors

143 vote(s)
    54.2%
  1. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

Why is anyone actually saying the Clippers? Because they're struggling? Even though that's the case, they will definitely be healthy come playoff time and then we would have no chance. Blake would annihilate us down low.

I would say they Grizz/Warriors. We can beat either of those teams simply because of our style of play compared to theirs. Warriors are one of the worst teams in the league at defending the three (which we have seen) and the Grizz just aren't built to run with us. They wouldn't be able to keep up over a seven game series. Especially now that they don't really have a go to offensive player out on the wing. Do what we are known to do, pack the paint and make you beat us from the outside, and we are good to go.

2. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

If we do make the playoffs, it'll be against SAS, OKC, or LAC. If i had to choose among these 3, i'd probably pick the Clippers. :(

3. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Warriors...and after we sweep them, I want Harden to do the Mark Jackson mocking shimmy dance the same way Maxwell did to him in 1993.

4. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Warriors won't be in the top 4.........

I wouldn't be surprised if we finished ahead of them.

5. thedude077

thedude077 Member

The only teams I would not want to face in the first round are the Thunder, Spurs and Clippers. We can beat the Clippers, but the refs will go against us. I hope we can go up in the 5 seed so we can face Memphis because I think we can take them.

6. Cynops

Cynops Member

The Grizzlies or Warriors But it'll probably be the Thunder, Clippers, or Spurs, I'd take the Spurs, we were actually competitive with them 2 out of the 3 times we played them, one time without Harden.

7. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

8. liunatic

liunatic Member

seriously has to be GSW. Would make a good rivalry

9. coolweather

coolweather Contributing Member

I think we can beat the aging Spurs..

10. Arthurprescott2

http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/playoffodds

Right now - HOU is projected to be the 6-7th seed - finishing with the same record as GSW 47-35 (like who would have predicted this at the start of the season. ridiculous).

Though going against LAC is better than going up against OKC, I don't feel great about playing against CP3.

11. OremLK

OremLK Member

1) Major media market
    2) Veteran proven superstar

The refs would be trying their best to screw us over.

I still hope we somehow get to face the Grizz instead.

12. GeneValgene

GeneValgene Member

that would be so SWEEEET

13. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

14. meh

meh Contributing Member

I doubt the Rockets ever get high enough to 5th in the standings. Denver/Memphis has 4/5 locked up more or less.

Among Spurs, Thunder, Clippers, Morey said that he'd prefer to face the Clippers the most. Thunder is obviously the worst matchup. Spurs Morey said plays too disciplined, which seems to infer that the Rockets need to force some mistakes to have any chance in a playoff series. Which leaves the Clippers as the best candidate.

15. nadman89

nadman89 Member

were probably not gna get higher than 7th so this thread should be would u rathe rplay okc or sas where id say its the same we'll lose in 5 in both but a great learning experience !

16. BeardSanity

BeardSanity Member

Would hate to play the spurs, but it's really anyone but the thunder for me. It would be exiting run and gun, but it would be a slaughterhouse . Lin would get abused as he does with athletic teams like thunder and heat.

17. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

This is a loaded question as the Grizzlies and Warriors won't be options. The top 4 teams in the west will be (are) LA,OKC, SA, and DEN. We haven't beaten one of these teams yet this season so it's a tough choice. I would say the Clippers since they are more prone to injury.

#57 tallanvor, Feb 9, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2013
  18. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

I feel like I could answer this poll better after February 21st (i.e. the NBA trade deadline.)

19. ada32

ada32 Member

If we make the playoff, it will be most likely against, OKC, LAC, or SAS.

My personal perference is LAC.

Don't use the regular season game as a basis for your prediction. The game will be in a different level with high intensity and exciting play.

20. pnr

pnr Member

LAC for sure.