1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Which Team Do You Prefer In The First Round?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BEAT LA, Feb 7, 2013.

?

I want to see the Rockets face the

1. Clippers

23 vote(s)
    8.7%
  2. Grizzlies

92 vote(s)
    34.8%
  3. Nuggets

6 vote(s)
    2.3%
  4. Warriors

143 vote(s)
    54.2%
  1. ryandoc

ryandoc Member

This...

2. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

I think regular season games don't mean that much. The Nuggets are deep, but they wouldn't be nearly as bad as the Clippers. The Grizz turn it on in the playoffs. Randolph and Gasol have too much size, but I'm not sure how good they will be after trading Gay. Still, defensive rebounding teams tend to grind out wins against fast paced teams.

The Warriors game was kinda flukey. I doubt the Rockets will get that many open threes, and when was the last time Curry and Thompson only scored 13 points and only one three? Let's see how we do against them on Tuesday. I'm sure they have that date marked on their calendar.

Okay, wanna talk about the weather? It didn't rain today. Seriously, the playoffs are in two months and we have an idea of what some of the matches can/will be. The Rockets can finish as high as 5th or barely miss it. I'm not cynical, so I want to discuss it.

My mistake, I skimmed it too fast.

3. allaroundplayer

exactly. it looks like the rockets will definitely make the playoffs, and their achilles heal, the pf position, is going be rather problematic once they get there, if they don't do something to improve it before then.

the spurs, clippers, okc and denver have blown out the rockets this season.

4. DreaMac

DreaMac Member

I was about to say the same thing.

5. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Could you imagine the possible war with the Warriors? Weird to say that but, I could see this thing lingering.

Edit: did I just really say the Warriors? Must be late.

#25 mikol13, Feb 8, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2013
  6. Grigori

Grigori Member

The Lakers.

7. tor.rocks

tor.rocks Member

Definately Memphis, then Nuggets, then Clippers, then Spurs, then OKC.

We have absolutely no answer to OKC.

8. sks123

sks123 Member

Memphis of course. We've played them very well this season. Now they made the Rudy Gay trade and are worse this year so we have a shot at them, the other teams have a better shot of beating us in the 1st.

9. rockettes

rockettes Rookie

10. Outlier

Outlier Member

Oh man, we're gonna get swept by the Spurs.

11. BeardsOnParade

I'd go memphis first for now and then golden state. We play GSW 3 more times tho so after a couple more games against them my opinion might change. I prefer not to face the Clippers or Nuggets

12. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Let's not forget we'd have 7 (somewhat) home games against the Warriors lol. Bay Area Lin fans would go NUTSO in a playoff series. Should be interesting what the fan breakdown will be on Tuesday.

13. dreamshakin

dreamshakin Member

warriors would be epic, but not likely to happen. If we finish the season strong, then maybe denver or memphis. I just want to get to the playoffs!

14. TriumVirate

TriumVirate Member

Warriors for sure. Their backcourt's defense is terrible, even worse than our own Lin Harden tandem. David Lee will have trouble with Asik helping out whoever is guarding him. I definately see us beating the Warriors in 6 games if we face them. I would never ever want to face the Nuggets

15. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

doesn't matter which team we face what matters which form or shape we will be in come playoffs time...timing the form is everything....

16. VanityHalfBlack

San Antonio without a doubt!

17. pradaxpimp

pradaxpimp Contributing Member

18. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Championship or bust, that's how we do things around here.

19. HardLin

HardLin Member

Of the top 3 : Spurs, Thunder, and Clippers, I'd much rather our team face the Spurs. The last two games have been close, with the first being an OT game with no Harden, and the second having them beating us just by hitting more of their free throws. If our seed is 6-8 it'll be one of those three and I feel like our best chance is against the Spurs.

The poll should have just been those three teams, because it seems extremely unlikely to be that we'll make seed 4 or 5.

20. blathersby

blathersby Contributing Member

I WANT THE SPURS. BRING IT.