1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Broussard: Rockets will go after Andrew Bynum?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by PrettyEdward, Feb 6, 2013.

1. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I think we hear about bad behavior more with the 24 media cycle and social media, bu I also think players are more immature. Perhaps because very few stay more than one year in college anymore. Or maybe the way athletes get a free pass and are catered to in high school so they think they are entitled. Could also have something to do with the breakup of the "golden age" family support structure. Probably a combination of a lot of things.

But I'm sure ole school guys raised their share of he'll too.

2. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

sources................:cool:

3. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

At this point I think so too. But if the Rox don't monitor Asik and maybe have a more fit training and medical staff evaluate him on an often basis he might succumb to something. I think Asik should wear the new lighter tech knee braces and a mouth guard for every practice and game just be on the safe side :grin: I really think Asik numbers put him in the top 5 of centers currently. He's a valuable rare big at this point.

4. Ultramagnus

Ultramagnus Rookie

Bynum... Howard....

two guys with very low emotional intelligence and persistent health issues...

I'd rather make a play for Andre Drummond while he could still be had possibly for cheap.

5. hahachui

hahachui Member

DO NOT WANT BYNUM!

6. FoOLiSh_AzN

FoOLiSh_AzN Member

His sources might be BS again

But no to bryum his attitude can't control his emotions, rockets might as well goes for Demarcus cousins, younger, cheaper value and same attitude problems

7. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

Funny. No way Drummond comes cheap. In fact, I bet you my left testicle he's untouchable.

8. ooox

ooox Member

Lmao Drummond can be had for cheap? What the hell are you on?

9. Jacinto

Jacinto Member

Everybody wants a upgrade to Asik and that's not fair man. That's our center, our defensive quarterback lol

10. Sofine81

Sofine81 Member

Agreed, The ESPN and sports center social media and all that give us a window we never had before.

I would bet Chamberlin, and too many more to list would have been a PR nightmare.

Immaturity however, has run rampant through our society.

11. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

See, still broken. DO NOT WANT.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/sixers/Yet-another-Bynum-iupdate.html

12. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Remember how much it hurt when it felt like we struck out in the off season? No draft day deals, got rid favorites Scola, Dragic and Lowry in hopes for Dwight or Bynum. Lucked out on Lin and then we land a splash with the Harden trade. Couple that with the fact that Dwight has played like ass and Bynum has not even played, I'd say we did alright.

13. yo

yo Contributing Member

But who knows what would've happened if we landed Dwight or Bynum? It'd be a different system and team, so what's to say Dwight would have the same issues here? (Granted, Dwight has revealed some serious character flaws, but who knows if it would've reared its head here). Also, that freak bowling injury wouldn't have happened, and Bynum probably would be playing now.

14. TheGoldenGreek

Am I the only one that thought of, "I'm Ron Burgundy?" after reading this thread title?

1 person likes this.
  15. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

It's amazing to me, that striking out, time after time, was actually the best thing that could have happened. Every possible acquisition fizzled out, except for Lebron. It's worked out great.

Both players had injuries before leaving their teams. Bynum didn't injure himself bowling he made his injury worse. It wouldn't have been much different here.

#115 RV6, Feb 12, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2013
  16. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I will slap Daryl Murey if we get Andrew Bynum.

17. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Rather keep Asik and go after Aldridge, J Smith or Milsap

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

Been mentioned here(or elsewhere), a scary thought that some team is going to pay this guy likely big money despite playing <25 games this year, if that, if any at all.

19. cyclorider

cyclorider Member

Bynum is lazy and isn't worth the money given that he's always enjoyed sitting out games due to injury. The guy loves not playing.

20. Nook

Nook Member

No joke....