1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2012-13

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Aug 10, 2012.

1. RocketsFan0

RocketsFan0 Member

2. Morey=Money

Morey=Money Member

3. danoman

danoman Member

4. RocketsFan0

RocketsFan0 Member

5. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

6. K1TCH3NS

K1TCH3NS Member

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ak88hmm

Hawks get a good backup power forward on a cheap contract in Patterson and a good backup pg in Douglas that's an expiring contract. A young pf prospect in Jones and an expiring contract in Aldrich whom they could just cut after the deal is made.

Rockets get their pf for the future in Smith and a veteran pf to ride the bench in Tolliver.

All in all I think this deal works well for both teams.

7. ooox

ooox Member

More like this works well for the Rockets. This isn't even close to realistic.

8. Postcall

Postcall Member

Whatr do you guys think about signing Earl Clark as a free agent. He's averaging 12.8 points and 10.3 rebounds per 36 minutes on 49.1 percent shooting. He's hitting on a team-best 48.3 percent of his attempts from downtown and is one of three Lakers (Dwight Howard, Jordan Hill) averaging a double-double per 36 minutes. Offer him the Lin/Asik contract type deal. I think the same restrictions apply. He seems like a good dude and sounds like Mase.

9. Skyhoop

Skyhoop Member

No, the Gilbert Arenas restriction does not apply. That salary restriction is only for free agents with 2 or less years of experience in the NBA. At the end of this season, Earl Clark would have 4 yrs in the NBA.

10. ooox

ooox Member

He would be an awesome addition to the team but I don't think those poison contract offer work with the Lakers. They have a huge TV contract that is a stupidly huge amount.

11. Morey=Money

Morey=Money Member

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=axo724s

Sacramento gets a solid return for their head ache pieces. Sacramento's is not ideal but they needed work in the first place. At least after this trade they would have a problem free center and two young pieces in Rivers and Patterson.

New Orleans improves their wing. I actually think the New Orleans lineup is pretty damn good I think they would make this trade.

We improve our front court without spending any extra salary or losing many of our young assets. I think our team could get Cousins on track. I would rather take a chance on him then an injury riddled Howard or Bynum for a lot more salary.

Respective line ups

Vasquez
    Gordon
    Evans
    Davis
    Lopez

Douglas
    Thorton
    Salmons
    Patterson
    Asik

Lin
    Harden
    Parsons
    Anderson
    Cousins

12. craguin

craguin Member

You have to keep PPat around to improve that chance of getting "Cousins on track."

http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterocke...to-be-reunited-with-kings-cousins-in-houston/

13. tharges

tharges Member

Gortat and Landry would be the two pieces i would be after in a trade. Their hussle alone would be ideal. Harden, Asik, Lin, & Parsons would be untouchable everything remaining could be used in a trade. You could have twin towers in Gortat and Asik.

14. Morey=Money

Morey=Money Member

I personally don't think the twin towers style of play fits well with Harden's or Lin's game. They need space to operate.

15. Postcall

Postcall Member

Fine then we offer him a 3 year deal for 8 per plus a team option on a 4th year. He would be a good fit as he is young with no ego issues no to mention he has range and decent defense. If he develops it would be the perfect addition to the roster the extra money could go towards a backup center and bench. If nothing else it will sting the Lakers a little bit. This rotation would be enough to compete with any starting five in a year or two...assuming the other players develop as well. I am pretty sure Morey has looked into this already. I am an optimist and view him as the final piece to challenge OKC.

16. rogower

rogower Member

My god, are we talking about Earl Clark, NBA Journeyman here? $8 mil/year for a journeyman? Seriously?

17. kastuul

kastuul Member

The only player signing that can upgrade the team to be a contender is DH12.

Other players like J.Smith is only an improvement.

18. 28sinan

28sinan Member

19. Morey=Money

Morey=Money Member

Really? I could name a few others.

20. Morey=Money

Morey=Money Member

If we could get KG for that cheap I would be on board but Celtics would probably want Lin or Asik and I am sure their preference would be Asik considering KG plays center for them now.