1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rocketscast Live: 2/7/2013 (Featuring Yours Truly)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BimaThug, Feb 7, 2013.

1. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Link: http://www.nba.com/rockets/news/rocketscast-live-money-talks

<HR>
    I will be on today's Rocketscast Live with Jason Friedman and Craig Ackerman at 11:30 am to discuss salary cap issues and related matters leading up to the NBA trade deadline.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Rocketscast Live returns at 11:30 CT. Joined by @<a href="https://twitter.com/bimathug">bimathug</a> to discuss cap &amp; money matters that loom large for league as trade deadline nears.</p>&mdash; Jason Friedman (@JasonCFriedman) <a href="https://twitter.com/JasonCFriedman/status/299539786249687040">February 7, 2013</a></blockquote>

If you'd like to send in questions, tweet them to @JasonCFriedman or include #RocketsLive in your tweet.

3 people like this.
  2. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

lol... It would be funny if they asked you what your moniker stands for.

3. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Bima, can you discuss type of moves the Rockets could make before the trade deadline and how it will effect their off season free agent pursuit?

ie... is there a scenario where the Rockets make a deal for a player with a salary like Danny Granger, Al Jefferson or Josh Smith and still have enough money to go after another max free agent in the summer.

4. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Good luck Bima! Hope you guys get to tackle the majority of our options come trade deadline + this coming off-season or next to educate and further increase the awareness of several fans.

5. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Not with Lin and Asik's contract still with the team, you can't.

6. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Yeah, I'm thinking we'll tackle this general topic today.

As for your specific question (re: adding a high-dollar player now and still having max cap room), I can tell you now that it will be very unlikely . . . unless either Jeremy Lin or Omer Asik is in the deal.

Thanks. I have a feeling that discussion of the Warriors and Heat games (two especially eventful games) will dominate a majority of the Rocketscast; but I'll try to cover as much as I can.

Who knows? Maybe Clutch and I will do a podcast soon to cover whatever I can't get to today.

7. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Morey has said they don't want to compromise having max cap space available for this summer's free agent class, so that must mean Granger/Garnett are out of the question.

8. idrockfan

idrockfan Contributing Member

Bima you are big time!!!!

9. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Will the video be put up on the board for those of us who cannot get CSN?

10. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Well, Smith is a free agent after this year so acquiring him would not affect cap adversely if they chose to relinquish bird rights. This is not an endorsement of Smith.

11. Commodore

they usually post it on youtube shortly after it airs

12. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

If you were joking, sorry for the serious reply... but this is a Google Hangout on Rockets.com, so you'll be able to watch live on your computer. I'll update the original post with the link once it's available.

13. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Do these get archived?

14. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Oh, I wasn't joking, sorry. Just can't watch it live on the work PC or IT would throw me under the bus. I'll check out the link tonight, and congrats Bima! :)

15. fullo91

fullo91 Member

Would you be against a big move (albeit risky) like trading for Bynum? Or in favor of a smaller improvement such as a Millsap trade?

How much do you think future cap space implications will impact what (if any) moves made this trade deadline?

16. cardpire

cardpire Member

Bima is on pace for a beyond-Spoelstrarian ascent in the Rockets organization.

Best of luck.

17. Commodore

18. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

1 person likes this.
  19. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Sounds good! Okay, time to get your hair and makeup done.. it's almost showtime.

20. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

My reply was based on the assumption of a scenario of re-signing or having Josh Smith signed to a new contract in the off-season.