1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Warriors @ Rockets 2/5/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 4, 2013.

1. imaginedragons

I'm not sure if this has been brought up but I think a major reason why Lin lacks respect from some quarters is the way he looks when he plays and moves. His jumper doesn't look anything at all like the sweet strokes of Ray Allen or Steph Curry. His crossover, his drive and his finishes at the hoop look very herky jerky. Compare his movements to, say, the smoothness of Gerald Green, or Etwaun Moore or Mario Chalmers and if you're a college coach or a scout, you would probably take these guys over Lin. Even when Lin scores or dishes out assists, they just don't look pretty enough for some watchers to believe that he can do it on a consistent basis.

But it is what it is. He will always look "unpretty" doing his stuff, but as long as he puts up consistent numbers over a longer period of time, I think he will get more people to believe in his ability. There are more people out there who watch basketball as entertainment on a superficial level, than those who see the game and the players who impact it on a deeper level.

2. cytrynowa

cytrynowa Member

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

3. redearth

redearth Contributing Member

That's the way I saw it too. By the time the question was asked, coach McHale had been staring down at the stat sheet for a few seconds and looked to have already formed in his mind what he was going to talk about next.

Great game by everyone.

4. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Asian father figure motivational technique

[​IMG]

5. mothman

mothman Member

On 27 nov 2012, Kyle Lowry started the game & made 3/10 fga for 7pts. Calderon scored 9 on TD who played less than 10mins & 3 on Lin (38mins+). This was a blow-out win for Rockets.

On 12 Dec 2012, it was announced that Kyle Lowry would miss several games due to partial tear in right triceps muscle injury. Calderon would start the subsequent games in place of Lowry.

On 16 Dec 2012, Calderon started the game (played 36.5mins) & made 6/12 (1/5 3pt). He was intentionally fouled 3x leading to 6 fta at the end of the close game by Lin to stop the shot clock from running. So to put things into perspective, Calderon scored only 13pts in that game which is around his average for games played over 30mins (as per your stats). Note that all the made shots were either contested long 2's (5x) or 3pt (1x). No easy layup was given up & this is in line with the coaches' instructions as McHale used to say that these are the shots you allow the opposition to take, just not the easy layups. And really, that's the defensive philosophy for the Rockets.

6. Good Times

Good Times Member

LOL that he doesn't even mention Lin when asked but reponds to the Lin question by starting off on how they had 9 turnovers and how thats high. And Lin only had 1 or 2 turnovers.

What's furthermore funny is how Mchale then gets really excited talking about Harden and how well Harden rebounded in the game but the question wasn't even about Harden. And Harden only had 1 or 2 rebounds the entire game.

7. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

What's up with the McHale hating Lin conspiracy now?

8. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

I just knew clutch or someone would come through with some highlights...i cant watch the games and this is killing me...so much I missed in this one.........somebody hook a brother up!

9. conquistador#11

gogi was his man. I think that's the issue. In sports and life, people are comfortable with the people they consider their "guy". And who didn't love gogi? everyone did!
    but lin won me over.

10. andersongo

andersongo Member

To all those who have f@pped to this picture: it's not worth it. This picture was originally posted from a troll account on the Rockets' realgm board and it's the picture of a thai transgender....LOL

11. TheLastPope

TheLastPope Member

EVERYONE VOTE FOR HOU VS GSW FOR FAN NIGHT NEXT TUESDAY

Hou vs GSW 35%

Por vs Heat 52%

Come on Fellas Help a Brotha Out

12. lookabove

lookabove Contributing Member

For those saw game - Mchale was yelling at Lin over something in 4th qt. Given how much Rockets where up by and type game Lin had, I thought that was strange.
    Whatever happen it seem spill over into post game interview and as he avoided any comments about Lin.

Otherwise, this really first notice Mchale show any negativity toward Lin.

13. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

why don't you just start stalking him already? bribe one of the toyota center employees to get you a pair of his underware so you can sniff till your heart's content. Just quite spewing your conspiracy nonsense.

14. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

15. mirus

mirus Member

Regardless of what the coach feels about the player,I'm sure Lin(or most players) would knew that he has to have a good working relationship with coaches .That's part of being a pro,so what does mchale feels,I dont care that much about it.:)

16. peter2012

peter2012 Member

Maybe, plus Lin probably put something into Curry's drink. :grin:

17. Canadiandude

Canadiandude Member

With all due respect Moth, what are you getting at? I'm a fan of Lin and he himself said how terrible he was playing at that time.

The original point was that Jeremy Lin being pulled out of games wasn't an asinine a decision some fans make it to be, and turning it into some conspiracy that the coaching staff has it in for Lin and do not want him to succeed over Harden. It's insane to think that Lin's success isn't in the best interest of this organization. You guys try too damn hard to defend your player when he's had bad games. This isn't to justify the Lin Haters who come out of rocks to say how terrible he is either.

He has not proven he's a good or even an above average defender yet. Is he average? Perhaps. Has he been improving? Sure. But whatever you guys categorize Tony Douglas' defensive ability to be, the coaching staff have felt Jeremy's D is worse against certain match ups, and I'm just going to leave it at that.

If he is as good offensively and defensively as some of you claim that he is, he'd be an All-NBA type player. Basically, a [PHX] Steve Nash who can defend. This is, quite frankly, absurd.

18. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

Reading too much into this. The 9 turnovers (and high assists) was an indirect compliment on Lin. It is way below season average.

19. roxxy

roxxy Member

Morey & McHale have all praised Lin for his defense this season multiple times. In fact Morey said that he reminds him a lot of Kyle Lowry in terms of how disruptive he is defensively & everybody knows Lowry is a good defender. So unless you know more than Morey....

Lins DRAPM is 0.68
    http://stats-for-the-nba.appspot.com/teams/HOU.html

Synergy D stats

Lin ranked 161 0.85PP 40% FG% 34% 3FG%

20. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

He was talking about the other James --- James Anderson.

Now stop the conspiracy.

You guys can't stop, seriously.

Good win for us.

So be happy with it.

1 person likes this.