1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Titus Young?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by 45souf, Jan 24, 2013.

1. ferrari77

ferrari77 Member

This thread has to be a joke right??

As was mentioned, the guy INTENTIONALLY screwed up plays!
    He quit on his team.

But the OP actually thinks Young should be a consideration? GTFO

2. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

1% risk, but a 1% chance of payoff.

1 person likes this.
  3. Two Sandwiches

Go for it. It's time to take some risks. Let Andre be the mentor he needs.

4. rezdawg

rezdawg Member

I trust in Andre's veteran leadership. You play under Andre, then you shut up and play. I dont think Calvin Johnson has the same authority as Andre in the locker room. Calvin will, no doubt, get there...but AJ is a veteran of the game and arguably the best receiver over the last 10 years.

Dont underestimate that.

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

Claimed by the Rams.

6. ubigred

ubigred Member

Fisher vs Young

Part deux.

7. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Member
    Supporting Member

could be a good place for him. The Rams defense is legit and can be scary good next year and we all know fisher can work magic with close games

8. DieHard Rocket

Praying that this sends Amendola out into the open market. That's who I want, knowing that we aren't going to spend big money on a WR.

9. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Member

I hope we go for Mike Wallace.

10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

That'd be great. He's very, very talented. But he plays slot, I'm not sure I've seen Kubiak run enough 3WR sets to justify paying Amendola (he'll be paid well) and I'm not sure Amendola just lines out wide with ease.

11. DieHard Rocket

Yeah, I thought about that and it's probably wishful thinking on my part to expect Kubiak to modify his offense to, you know, actually improve it and fit new personnel.

My dream for this offense, with Amendola (who I don't think will get overpaid bc of injury history), would be to become about 60-40 pass -- with most of the additional passes going to Foster out of the backfield and Amendola on short routes. Those would be more effective than the running game was last year and you could still use it to setup down-field passes.

Garrett Graham and Casey are decent and all, but they aren't good enough in the passing game to justify the sacrifice in run-blocking that you make by playing them.

12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I'm tired of Casey. He's a luxury player, if your offense is truly great then you have my permission to roster a gimmick player like Casey (Sproles in NO or Edelman in NE), until then, sign someone that excels in an area, not someone that can't do any single task at a high level.

From what I've seen from Casey, he needs an offense tweaked to the point where he becomes a threat, that's stupid, what we need is a player that naturally makes our offense more dynamic and explosive, someone who makes us better by contributing somewhere at a high level, not someone who needs to be babied to produce.

13. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

signing Amendola would be nice, much better than Titus Young.

14. REDNINJA

REDNINJA Member

Percy Harvin would be a perfect fit

15. DieHard Rocket

16. GCWTexans

GCWTexans Member

Fisher has taken chances with character guys before (Pacman Jones, Janoris Jenkins) and he if he can't work with him then Titus might as well retire.

17. crose

crose Member
    Supporting Member

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000139513/article/titus-young-reportedly-to-be-released-by-rams

This guy must be an idiot. Forgetting to add #protocol to your tweets is a serious no-no!

#57 crose, Feb 15, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2013
  18. REDNINJA

REDNINJA Member