1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Lowry-Dragic vs. Lin Tracking Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JCDenton, Nov 1, 2012.

1. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I'm shocked that you're shocked.

2. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

There is no argument to be had. The only fact is that his cap hit is 8.3 million for this year and the next 2 years. Doesn't matter what goes into his bank account, what matters is how much he counts towards our cap total, which is 8.3 million. No argument or further discussion necessary.

3. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

Join Date 11-08-2002

I'm shocked that you're shocked that he's shocked.

1 person likes this.
  4. Windchime

Windchime Member

wow, I was just stating that I'm sick of hearing people bicker over the whole salary situation. The funny thing is that I personally do agree counting according to cap hit b/c that's what will impact the team's capability to make moves etc. I also do know that there are people who would like to disagree and I would rather not see people arguing over it over and over again, its getting annoying. Just trying to make sure that if people makes an argument for any of the two options remain consistent in their analysis in the future (well, if the thread still exist in 2015). :rolleyes:

5. Falcao

Falcao Rookie

Thanks for clarifying that no argument is had. Just don't come back and tell us that in 2015 that Jeremy is not worth the 15M he is being paid because he's only averaging 18/10.

6. youngduck

youngduck Member

Dragic tries to kick Bogut's surgically repaired ankle

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qusEs2rMT0I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/uRAp00SxP30" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

7. pnr

pnr Member

^ That was a b**** ass move.

8. meh

meh Contributing Member

No Rockets fan give a damn how much Les Alexander actually pay his players beyond their cap figure. This is because the cap figure limits player acquisition. Actual payment does not. Whether Les is paying Lin $15 mil or $1 mil is irrelevant.

9. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

18/10? I seriously doubt he will average superstar numbers. Let's be realistic a bit

10. kakaman

kakaman Member

Kyle Lowry just stunk it up against the Heat. Not much of a PG but rather an undersized SG like Toney Douglas. I think the Rockets are better off with Lin.

11. BeardsOnParade

If you're gonna give reasons for why you would take Lin over Lowry or Dragic then BB IQ should not be one of them lol. I feel like people have this common misconception that just because Lin went to Harvard he's a smart basketball player. Well the reality is that while he's very book smart his BB IQ does not seem to be that high.

I like Lin too, i would take him over Lowry. Not sure i would take him over Dragic tho.

12. charles_zed

charles_zed Member

Man I miss Derrick Rose, that was ridiculous.

Lin is more valuable than Dragic and Lowry will ever be. He's comparable to Dragic in play-style, numbers and ability but with more upside being younger and with less experience.

The bonus is that he's a money making machine and media darling which helps to attract free agents.

Not that I'd expect anyone here to understand, because while no one gives ass about Dragic, Lin coming to Houston made national headlines and put the Rockets back on the map. That's more value to the organisation in terms of trying to build a championship team than Lowry or Dragic could ever hope to provide.

13. OremLK

OremLK Member

Not the kind of ankle breaker he's supposed to be doing.

14. peter2012

peter2012 Member

Lin has never ever done something like that.

15. Sen89

Sen89 Member

He's more valuable in selling tickets, but not to anyone in the organization who actually handles basketball-related matters.

16. VanityHalfBlack

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fyLdCcI2xEA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/eLRFATVdtgk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

17. gate470

gate470 Rookie

Posted this in the general forum, The responses are pretty funny.
    http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1230797

18. gamer4Life

gamer4Life Member

Who cares about Lin vs Dragic vs Lowry?

That's like debating between a Civic, Corolla, and Jetta.

1 person likes this.
  19. Calmwater

Calmwater Member

Thats how you block D Rose :cool:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/T8zKjGgzGQw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

20. marexx

marexx Member

Confirmed LOF