1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Nuggets 1/30/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Nook

Nook Member

They are 18-3 at home.... That is elite.

2. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

In most of the rockets losses since patrick patterson's been back from injury he's sucked. him boxing out out is equivalent to listening to soulja boy's music.

3. gorockets2009

gorockets2009 Rookie

Based my observation, the players should not be blamed for most of the time since they are doing it as the coach asks them do it. In Mchale's sytem, everyone could a PG to push the ball. So the PG is converted into a spot up catch & shot SG.

4. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

That was my point. A lot of people's criticism or psychology of Lin matches with Bleacher Reports grading system quite well.

5. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

6. Lucky Charm

Lucky Charm Member

I dont think ANYONE even suggested you hated Jeremy, I know I sure as hell didn't. I wouldn't see anything wrong if you did come out and said 'I hate Jeremy, he's a joke!1!' (not that you think that of course) because it's your opinion. What I pointed out was your GENERALIZATION of those complaining of McHale's questionable substitution as just "Lin fans" when it wasn't. EVERYONE called him out during the game, members that were here before Jeremy even got in the NBA so surely they cant be "LOFs" :rolleyes:.
    Like I said, I can only imagine how hard it must be to moderate this large community with the influx of new members but I just think that by the very own admin adding fuel to the fire with the generalization isn't helping the matter.
    Again this is not about Lin, but about the unbearable and childish battle between oversensitive Lin fans and cliquey veteran members.

LOL, settle down there Nook. I don't think Clutch needs a little lapdog. Not one person (in this thread anyway) has been disrespectful to him or called him biased. Check your reading comprehension before throwing an unwarranted little fit. :)

This is all.

And thanks to those (even vets :eek:) that repped me for the post. I was in no way trying to be disrespectful to Clutch. But just because he is the owner of the site doesn't mean he can't be disagreed with.

P.S. the person who repped me saying "you sir, have balls" couldn't be more wrong as I am a female, but I know you meant it as a compliment so I'll take it lol :p

2 people like this.
  7. RoxOn RoxOff

RoxOn RoxOff Member

Clutch really don't need your protection. In fact, it is really not helpful. The reason this site does great is all the traffic it attracts. Turning people away doesn't help this website, just decreases ad revenues.

8. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

That is a huge load of bull****

This site was noted in various national sports media as the best sports fan site LONG before he ever put ads on here.

He has been paying out of his pocket for all the years that this board got its reputation as a great discussion place and the granddaddy of sports fan sites.

We dont give a crap about page hits here:rolleyes:...we care about quality of posts and members....which has declined BIGTIME in the last 9 months.

9. Arthurprescott2

oh please. a great part of that is due to having a very unique arena (in terms of height). same for UTA. Its been like that forever.

10. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

does every effing loss have to turn into a "Lin this" "Lin that" battle? WTH? This is the main reason I bail from the GARM after a tough loss, because I know it's gonna be same old same old. Noone wants to talk about turnovers, bad shot selection, over-reliance on forced 3s. no no no, it's always Lin Lin Lin. :mad: please, give it a rest. Stop being so effing sensitive.

11. RoxOn RoxOff

RoxOn RoxOff Member

So you're going to deny him the return on his investments after all his work? Look, the fact of it is more traffic = more dollars. You turn people away then you're taking dollars out of Clutch's pockets. That's how it is. He can tell you he doesn't want that money by banning LOFs but that's his call; not yours.

This is a discussion board - I don't understand why people can't ignore posts they disagree with and just engage with posts they agree with - you can't win them all.

12. M4-Nightvision

the rockets went back to musical chair pg again against Denver.

13. kianainhi

kianainhi Member

Hooray...Coffeetime is back! My apologies if this was already posted.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MkOJHxdFpYk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

14. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

First of all, I am grateful to Dave for providing this site so we can all collectively root for the Rockets together. That's without condition and that is also why I will continue to put money in the tip jar as a show of appreciation. Secondly, Clutch is of course entitled to his opinion, whatever it may be, no question. If I stated otherwise, I apologize. Admittedly, when he "takes sides" it is kinda awkward for me, truth be told, but like someone said above I guess that's just on me.

Having said that, when he brought up that Lin came in only 2 down and that Lin fans are just seeing something that's not real, I take that as a "whiting out" and deflection of McHale's questionable decision making yesterday as a figment of Lin fans' imaginations. Not only does it show bias, it's both assumptious and rude to categorize people as Lin fans when most everyone here is a Rockets fan as well. I see his points as I'm sure he sees my point as well, it doesn't mean that you should come to his rescue as if anyone is above being questioned.

I want to see the Rockets do well, I think Lin can do more, that's all. If Lin gets in the way of the Rockets success he can sit his butt down too. Don't confuse seeing promise in Lin and calling out McHale for not understanding that Lin should play pg and that Harden and TD should play sg as being a Lin Only Fan who is blinded to logic. I used to watch McHale play back in the days and respected his game, it doesn't mean I think he sees the game right. And if I can call out McHale the hall of famer for seeing the game wrong, I can point out that Clutch may be wrong too. Of course that's just my opinion as a basketball nut, not as a "Lin fan" for calling out McHales lack of understanding that the offensive was disjointed and needed Lins presence. It would be the same with Harden, if we're not getting offensive production with Lin, and Harden was sitting in a crucial period of an important game, there's nothing wrong with attacking him for not subbing correctly then either.

15. steady

steady Member

I like hearing Clutch's perspective even when I disagree (which is rare), I wouldn't want that to go away.

But I am sympathetic too to those who say it feels funny when Clutch voices a bias. I want him to continue giving his opinions. But the LOF/LOH wars get so out of control and fierce, I think people are just looking for sources of objectivity and impartiality out there, and it is sometimes Clutch people wish to play that part. (Although it would probably be better to just outgrow the need for such an arbiter). It is actually a sign of respect for Clutch and for this site I think.

16. Raven

Raven Member

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vasectomy

Please, for humanity.

17. Nook

Nook Member

You are ignorant. There have been posts on this message board calling Clutch racist, the Rockets play-by-play commentators racist and Kevin McHale racist. We won't even get into the comments, many of then using racial slurs used to describe Kelvin Sampson.

Who are you to tell Clutch his role on his own website, one he has had nearly 20 years?

18. shumbum

shumbum Member

Since when has McFail ever "Proved" he was an average coach let alone a good one? LOL I don't know what games you've been watching but something like 90% of fans think he's either average to just plain crap. Ask Timberwolf fans if they miss him...sarcasm there if you don't know that story.

19. Nook

Nook Member

"Oh please" did they not play Denver in Denver?

Did the Nuggets not have an 18-3 record at home going into the game against the Rockets?

That is what I thought, they are an elite team at home...

20. Nook

Nook Member

Interesting, another poster that has joined in the last few months.

Clutch doesn't have a bias, but he does not like bull**** lies, accusations and purposeful misleading... As pointed out by him in this thread and one other.